It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Both Sen. Kennedy and Sen. Byrd felled at White House Luncheon!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
What does this mean for the balance of the Senate? Do both states have Democratic governors?

EDIT TO ADD:

Both states do have Dem. governors, so I guess the balance of power will stay the same for now.

It is a sad and ironic thing that both of those old and great statesmen fell tragically ill at the same time, at this event.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I just posted in another thread that this just don't sit right with me. TWO people fall out during a historic lunch?? To coincidental for my taste.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
What does this mean for the balance of the Senate? Do both states have Democratic governors?

(and what was in the water....) Okay, not funny.

Both West Virginia and Massachusetts have Democratic governors

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Already Posted Here but I see you're talking about the political repercussions.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Lol I just had one of those "Is he still alive?" moments when I saw that Byrd had fallen in the luncheon.

That's the noteworthy news IMO. He is Biblically old; what is the conspiracy that he toppled over at lunch?

Edit to add: Give both Teddy and Byrd credit for even attempting to attend the event given their health; it speaks more to their dedication than it does to any other motives.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by gottago]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
They are now saying the Secret Service rushed President Obama (that was the first time I typed that, have to admit to it was a little thrilling) when Kennedy went into seizures.

Why would that be a reasonable security precaution? Anyone?

EDIT TO UPDATE: Sen. Byrd was opbserved by medical professionals but was not taken to the hospital, so good news there.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

They rushed to protect Obama?

Maybe there is something going on. How sweet would it be if every last one of them were wiped out in one fell swoop? No more dynasty politicians. No more law makers connected with business. All of these lobbyist ties just cut in an afternoon.

Best day ever!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

That is a reasonable precaution for 2 reasons off the top of my head.

1.) Get him out of the room in case there is something in the air/ linens/ food/ etc.
2.) Move the President in case the 2 senators were a distraction for something bigger about to happen.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Who took ill first, does anyone know ?

Mr Byrd got mightily upset in the Senate when news of Mr Kennedy's illness became known, he wept as he paid tribute to his friend, was he taken ill when reacting to Mr. Kennedy's seizure ?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well considering Byrd is a former card carrying member of the KKK and the man who voted to fillibuster the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Im pretty sure today was a lot to handle for the 92 year old senator.

A lot to handle may be a major understatement.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Byrd was never actually taken ill - although at 91 it may be hard to tell the differences sometimes. As BlackOps kindly pointed out, it was probably a rough day for him, seeing Obama sworn in. the stress of the day coupled with seeing someone else in similarly frail health seize up for an extended period could easily cause heart palpitations, or something more deadly in him.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
How sweet would it be if every last one of them were wiped out in one fell swoop? No more dynasty politicians. No more law makers connected with business. All of these lobbyist ties just cut in an afternoon.

Best day ever!

Well I see where you're coming from on that, but in reality it would be the worst day for this country ever, and our lives would probably never be the same again.

No more dynasty politicians, but what instead? Nuclear bombs descending all over the US, and not just DC? I'm not sure why anyone would prefer the mass chaos that would certainly ensue. We need change yeah, but not quite that drastically, thank you.

"No more law makers connected with business. All of these lobbyist ties just cut in an afternoon." In the case of a singular terror strike, I can hardly see how that would be the case. There are plenty outside of DC that would gladly continue their greedy ways at public expense. In the case of a nationwide attack, somehow I doubt that would be of much concern at that point. Sheer survival would be difficult.

Aside from a terror strike or self induced false flag operation, if something like that were to happen it would likely be part of something bigger. One could probably safely assume that at least some nuclear device detection capability was aimed straight at DC for sweeps before all this went down.

new topics

top topics

join