It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History - We Are ALL Witnessing It RIGHT NOW!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
There are so many events in history which we read about. Be it the incredible accomplishments of the ancient Egyptians, the so called discovery of America in 1492, the defeat of the Spanish Armada in 1588..... the list goes on and on.

Today. 20 January 2009. Obama now has the title of Mr. President. How incredibly cool is that! We are witnessing history!
I believe in Obama. I truly believe that he wants nothing more than to make a difference. He has intestinal fortitude. He does. Like it or not, he does.
WOW!
Every Candidate has their own worries when they lay down to sleep at night. Obama has more. What do I mean? Well let's look at it shall we. The things people try to pick him apart over.

1) His middle name. Hussein. People try to pick him apart because of his middle name. Are you kidding me?

2) The color of his skin. Oh come on, you must be joking.

3) His religous preference. Yeah, so?

4) People who spoke out for him....... *yawn*

Obama is a man of inspiration. I have absolutely no clue whatsoever of what may or may not have been threatened, but I do believe that he has probably been threatened in a malicous way by those that... well...... umm..... are so insecure that they only see him as a man who isn't 'pale'.

Time will only tell the history which he brings. I believe in him. I applaud him.
Thank about it for a moment. Think of the incredible burden upon his shoulders. He starts out with the deck stacked against him. The economy. The conflict (I will not use war as a term) in the Middle East.
He has much to prove. If he fails, many will use his race as a factor. He single handedly can close the book on race, or set it back a century. Do you realize the chutzpah that takes?

Mr. President Obama. I support you as commander in chief. I believe in you. I am proud to say that I am in a world today which can put their petty BS aside, and instead put their faith in you.

History. HISTORY! We are living it. Drink it in! It's as cool as it gets!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I have that feeling as I watch this whole thing unfold.
I feel both lucky and honored to bare witness to this historic event.

Im watching this all this with the hopes that things are going to get better,and that Obama can become a great president.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I've just finished watching the swearing in and his speech. I feel like I've just observed history indeed being made on many levels. I could ramble on but I think I'll simply sum up my feelings.

I wish him well.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
watching his speech, i was in tears, and felt a swelling heart in my chest. being canadian that says an awful lot. i wish i were american. i truly feel he does have the best interest of all the people of the united, yes united states at heart.
probably the first president since jfk to actually make the word united mean something.
ya'll are lucky to have him.
hopefully he'll rub off on our politicians up here.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
i watched it via livestream on the internet.
i was hugely impressed by the ceremony
and as accessdenied mentioned it in her words, my heart was deeply touched too.
i was in tears and kind of overwhealmed.

i really believe in a change hopefully for the whole world to a better

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
There's just moments in life where you know you are living a part of history, you sit there and everything around you seems quiet as you focus on the events you are watching, Its an amazing feeling,

Also such a great feeling to see so many people coming together sharing something, I think in this day and age we don't see alot of that,

It kinda gives you faith in your fellow humans, Weather or not you like Obama, We all came together,

And i look forward to the day when I'm in my Old age and my Grand children ask me what it was like to witness the first black President of America,

Truely an amazing moment,

[edit on 20-1-2009 by asala]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
this is a man whose image and words on a big screen, stopped the world..literally.
i can't imagine times square in NY...quiet, and everyone hanging on his every word..but it was.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Today. 20 January 2009. Obama now has the title of Mr. President. How incredibly cool is that! We are witnessing history!

We are witnessing history being made today; and we are a part of this history. I sure as hell hope that someone documents it with the justice it deserves. I hope that Obama is everything that we've expected of him and more.

History. Has just written a fine moment that affects the entire world from this moment on. My questioning side wants to ask if the American People helped with this change by voting, or if someone with a hidden agenda has set the plays in motion...

But, my trusting side says: This is a giant step for everyone all over the world, and I am happy to witness it regardless of the initial cause. The color of his skin doesn't matter to me, he's human. But those who never thought they would see a Black President - have witnessed a change. A large change, that is long overdue.

- Carrot

new topics

top topics

join