It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Does anyone know about Chemo? A family member is going through it and we are supposed to meet them, problem is I have a cold and a cough. Will this affect my family member? I'm thinking about cancelling because she is going through this. What do you guys know about this?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MacSen191

Without wanting to go into any detail, I'll keep it short.
Not a good idea to be around people having chemo when you're ill.
A definite no-no... colds, coughs and other infections.

Hope all is well for your family member.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Agreed 100%.

Unfortunately, in addition to killing bad cells chemo also kills good cells. Those good cells include the immune system.

People with chemo are VERY vulnerable to things that are harmless to healthy people. That can certainly include the common cold.

The best bet would be to pass on this visit for the patient's protection.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Yep, It's best to minimize the risk, however much you want to see them and however hard it may be.

I really do wish you all the best and try and keep strong and grounded for the sake of your family member.
Not easy i know, but the stronger you are and the more positive you can remain... the better.

Take care, and my thoughts are with you

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Thank you so much guys, I did a basic search on the internet but didn't come up with much. I talked to my family member and she recluctly agreed with me when I discussed what you guys said as well. I just want her to focus on herself getting better, and not worry about getting sick in the process.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You're more than welcome

All the best

top topics

join