It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Lights --- My Story.....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Thanks, dainoyfb, for your info.
I had a feeling that US military aircraft doesn't automatically get contacted by the other country if it strays over (or intentionally violates) the border airspace of either country, especially if it is an area and method such as you describe.

Since the ufo was said to go towards the Mexican border, it's possible to have been a US classified aircraft. I wonder where the ufo finished its flight; what was its flight path after Phoenix.

I suspect such an aircraft, because people in Nevada spotted the craft earlier in its flight path.

reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Yes, flying "dark". The first time I saw aircraft flying "dark", especially since it flew low over a rural airport, I said, "Holy crap! What if another aircraft hits it!" The only light on it (or two of "it) was a red non-blinking light. It (1 or 2) was being followed by a huge helicopter with a white light and a red strobe. Fortunately, it was a full moon that night, and after they crossed over me and flew on maybe 4 miles, I could dimly make out dark shapes in the moonlight, which was behind both me and the craft.
So maybe that is how a classified aircraft (private or military) is transferred or flown on a mission? Dark aircraft at night.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

I am not stating I don't believe the people, but if the OP is correct, then there would be more evidence to support their claims. Witnesses are good, other evidence is better. If we are to conduct a scientific look at what happened, then all evidence is needed to come to an ET hypothesis.

One reason why I am convinced what happened to Betty and Barney Hill is the physical evidence of the case. The tear and stain on the dress, the radar confirmation of an unknown object where the abduction took place, and the mysterious physical properties found on the car.

I am not calling the witnesses liars, and do think they have a lot to add. I am stating there are many cases that have more physical evidence to support what is being stated. We are here to search for the truth, which I am quite sure the witnesses are also. I also mean I am not ready to claim what was seen was extraterrestrial in nature.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
Witnesses are good, other evidence is better. If we are to conduct a scientific look at what happened, then all evidence is needed to come to an ET hypothesis. ...

I also mean I am not ready to claim what was seen was extraterrestrial in nature.

I wholeheartedly agree with you the more evidence the better and I didn't want to sound like I was arguing that more evidence was useless, but what I wanted to point out is that even with Radar data of the Phoenix Lights case, you wouldn't be able to determine if it was extraterrestrial either.

Because, as I stated before, we have that information from Stephenville and we aren't nowhere nearer to a conclusion than we were before.

Of course the people that doubted the witnesses now know that there really was an unknown flying object in the skies that night, but it doesn't help us to determine the nature of the object.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hey CF,

Originally posted by Coldfusion
reply to post by atsbeliever

I was just wondering if I am the only one who saw the small single engine airplane that is visable for 3 or 4 seconds by at least one of the many video camera's filming the lites.Was that pilot and possible passengers ever interviewed?

There are a few pilots who saw the flares as well air traffic controllers at Sky Harbor.

On the other hand there there was a pilot (and his student) who was flying above the "Huge V-Shaped Craft" in the eight o'clock hour who said the lights were blocked out below them and they feared for their lives.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Evenin' Bud,

Originally posted by bud316

I was just wondering if I am the only one who saw the small single engine airplane that is visable for 3 or 4 seconds by at least one of the many video camera's filming the lites.Was that pilot and possible passengers ever interviewed?

I'm not 100% positive but I remember reading where they interviewed a pilot and he said the craft was big enough to land on, pilot said it was huge, anyone remember reading this too? Was that real? Some people say they saw some kind of craft, not flares, and I believe them, i wish they would just come clean, i think were old enough to handle it.

bud316

That was Capt Trig Johnston; his report can be found "here."

He was one of the few reports of the "Huge V-Shaped Craft" sighted in the ten o'clock hour.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
I am not sure where the confusion is coming from: The most popular video taken from a hillside of the lights over Phoenix proper, ARE flares. There is no doubt. They took daytime video of the same spot. Overlayed the lights, and yes, they all disappeared as each went BEHIND the mountain range in the distance. Those were absolutely flares.

How does this prove they were flares? All it say to me is that something was there. Who knows what. As another poster said, there are other anomalies like staying in line, the blinking pattern and why would the flares stay in that pattern? I just don't buy the flare story. I am unsure if it was the vehicle in from the earlier sightings - didn't it go from Phoenix southward? It didn't stay around Phoenix, did it? It would have to have stayed over Phoenix for a bit of time, as shown in the videos.

I moved to Phoenix too late. Heck, I live right under the flight path and would have loved to see it.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Evenin' TL,

Originally posted by TheLoony

Originally posted by fleabit
I am not sure where the confusion is coming from: The most popular video taken from a hillside of the lights over Phoenix proper, ARE flares. There is no doubt. They took daytime video of the same spot. Overlayed the lights, and yes, they all disappeared as each went BEHIND the mountain range in the distance. Those were absolutely flares.

How does this prove they were flares? All it say to me is that something was there. Who knows what. As another poster said, there are other anomalies like staying in line, the blinking pattern and why would the flares stay in that pattern? I just don't buy the flare story. I am unsure if it was the vehicle in from the earlier sightings - didn't it go from Phoenix southward? It didn't stay around Phoenix, did it? It would have to have stayed over Phoenix for a bit of time, as shown in the videos.

I moved to Phoenix too late. Heck, I live right under the flight path and would have loved to see it.

What proves they (the 10:00 pm videos) were flares were the following:

Intial Investigation by Richard Motzer (MUFON)

Scientific Video Analysis By Cognitech

Official admittance By Capt. Drew Sullins (and others), of the Maryland Air National Guard (MANG)that they dropped the flares.

Scientific Video Analysis By Dr. Bruce Maccabee

Need I go on?

Cheers,
Frank

[edit on 1-2-2009 by Frank Warren]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Topol-M

This was one of those stories that really caught my attention. An entire city witnessed it, something extraordinary happened and I strongly believe that it was real. Leave it up to Uncle Sam to slap hoax on it.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The night of these events our college team was on a flight home from Utah. I kick myself for not being as observant as I should have been. We landed in Phoenix at about 9:30pm that night, and the next morning was UFO buzz city wide.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

The great thing about physical traces and radar confirmations is the researcher can show the world something did happen and we have evidence to show that it did. It may not solve what happened, but it is an important piece of the puzzle.

If there is radar confirmation and orders to Air Force pilots to scramble and search for the object, that would be the smoking gun that would propel this encounter to the top of UFO reports. I do hope the FOIA is used to get such documents released.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the info Frank.. very interesting..This guy had seen a craft around the 10pm hour.. The question now is, how can we request this radar data for that date? Do they keep records 12 years back? if I have to call to request I will, it can not hurt to at least find out but who do you call? where should I start?

Bud316

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Afternoon Bud,

Thanks for the info Frank.. very interesting..This guy had seen a craft around the 10pm hour.. The question now is, how can we request this radar data for that date? Do they keep records 12 years back? if I have to call to request I will, it can not hurt to at least find out but who do you call? where should I start?
Bud316

This FAA says "no" . . . records aren't kept that long; however, their are exceptions to that rule; for example, in the case of an accident, or in this instance a "bogey" (AKA UFO). Also time requirements are modified when previous requests have been made.

It's a safe wager that there are in fact records; accordingly, it's just has safe to presume that nothing will turn up via a request.

To the best of my knowledge no one early on performed a FOIA for radar records; Greenewald did a "general FOIA" as I recall to Luke AFB to no avail (they claimed no records existed and they were just a training facility, and no planes were launched as interceptors etc).

Almost all major government entities have provisions to draft a FOIA on line these days.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I Hope none of you are that naive to think they would actually turn over such data via a FOIA..

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I've posted my own eye-wintess account on this board on at least 3 different occasions. It's great hearing from others who sahred the same experience that I did as well.

I have now seen at least 6 different UFO events here in AZ...And they have ALL been VERY impressive! But still, nothing matches the amazement and awe I felt when I saw the gigantic, silent craft fly directly over my head that fateful day in 1997.

That was the single event that turned me from a "believer" to a "knower"...And, anyone else who witnessed the same thing will understand why i automatically jump to that conclusion.

There is simply NO WAY that ours, or ANY terrestrial government has anything that technologically advanced.

And don't even get me started on the "flares" excuse...lol

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
So any more news/info on this??

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

What, you mean like a huge flying triangle witnessed by probably hundreds, that blocked out the stars and move silently. I guess they all had a mass delusion and cant tell the difference between a jet and something else which even a 5 yo child can do.

It was a LOT more than hundreds of witnesses.

The call center--I think the 911 center--STAFF--ESTIMATED MORE THAN 10,000 CALLS. And that would be folks who just bothered to try and get through the jammed switchboard.

Many thousands more would not bother.

The leadership of the center clearly LIED about how many calls they received. But staff outted them and went on record as contradicting their own leadership--pretty courageous of the staff.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Aint no way no how it was one of ours, we don't have anti gravity technology and something of this size and stature would NOT be flown right over a civ pop centre, sorry the skeptics just gonna have to concede to that point and drop out IMHO

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Good Day Bud,

I'm not 100% positive but I remember reading where they interviewed a pilot and he said the craft was big enough to land on, pilot said it was huge, anyone remember reading this too? Was that real? Some people say they saw some kind of craft, not flares, and I believe them, i wish they would just come clean, i think were old enough to handle it.

bud316

That was Trig Johnston's report, which can be found here:

EXCLUSIVE: March 13, 1997 UFO Report By Capt. Trig Johnston

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 38181

My uncle also saw a black triangle fly over Yuma outside his house. He said it made a noise and it was hard to see because it was dark but you could see it. I don't remember him mentioning any lights. My uncle was unaware of the news about the Phoenix lights when he was telling people what he has seen.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
ya know - the PL craft is always considered to be at least a mile wide. there have been a few other reports over the last few decades of these 'super-sized' crafts in our atmosphere. i think we should start a thread based on the largest crafts that have been sighted...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join