It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robbery suspect shot and killed by intended victim

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Robbery suspect shot and killed by intended victim

www.ajc.com

A robbery suspect was shot six times and killed by his intended victim outside an East Atlanta Village bar Wednesday night, police said.

In the Wednesday incident, a man and woman had just left the Graveyard Tavern and were sitting inside their car waiting for the vehicle to warm up when a man approached with a gun and demanded money, Atlanta police Sgt. Lisa Keyes told WAGA-TV.

“At that time, the male inside the vehicle pulled his own weapon and shot the suspect six times,” Keyes said. The unidentified suspect died at the scene.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
MyFoxAtlanta

[edit on 1/16/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This story is all over the local news. Thought with all the frequent gun bashing threads this is a nice change. I am familiar with that area of town, it is undergoing gentrification, yuppy bars and the hood mixed together. Beautiful old houses but a tense atmosphere.

Does appear the citizen went to town once he started firing, six shots at close range? Though I suppose perhaps he just kept shooting until the assailant was down.

No charges are expected.

www.myfoxatlanta.com...

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Down, Dead, what's the difference? When your life is in danger by a low life prick with a gun, you pull the trigger as many times as you can til the assailant isn't moving anymore. In the heat of the moment, you are not going to stop to think about being nice to the guy you are defending yourself against.

I really need to go get my concealed weapon permit before guns are removed from the law abiding people.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Does appear the citizen went to town once he started firing, six shots at close range? Though I suppose perhaps he just kept shooting until the assailant was down.

I would think in a situation like that, he was so freaked out, adrenaline and instinct took over. I've read a lot of accounts of shootouts where people, (including police), empty their weapons in the heat of the moment.

[edit on 1/16/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I guess it will not be long before someone comes in and says the robber had no other choice. He lost his job, could not find work and needed to pay his bills even if that means taking advantage of others. I suppose it will not be long before we see the normal this is sad that a life had to be taken by a raging gun nut (which is offensive), if we took away guns none of this would happen and the guy would still be alive.

Well before we see them I’ll say this. The man had a choice; he made a bad one and paid with his life. We always have choices we do not always look for the best choice because we want the path with least resistance (see obese America and understand).

If we took away the guns the criminal would still have his, or even a knife. Take away the knife and he will have something else it is an endless cycle that only leaves the innocent defenseless.

Not saying it is a great thing the guy died, but hey that is the risk you take in the career of a criminal. I am not feeling much remorse for him sorry.

Raist

[edit on 1/15/09 by Raist]

link   
Quick, gun nuts, tell us how it's okay to take human life! Justify away, sharpish!

link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
I would think in a situation like that, he was so freaked out, adrenaline and instinct took over. I've read a lot of accounts of shootouts where people, (including police), empty their weapons in the heat of the moment.

Oh I completely agree. And I am assuming the assailant took 6 shots before falling. Though I wonder if it would be a legal issue if one shot the guy once he was on the ground (honestly probably not in Georgia).

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
Quick, gun nuts, tell us how it's okay to take human life! Justify away, sharpish!

Gun nut? That offends me.

So quick anti-gun nut tell me how it is okay to rob and threaten someone.

Raist

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This is a great story of self defense in action. Thugs beware. Thugs aren't trained like those who obtain a legal ccw permit.

The American Rifleman magazine from the NRA publishes news stories of self defense in every issue. It takes guts to defend yourself. But instinct often prevails over the thugs.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Let's please just stick to the topic, and leave the name-calling and one-liners for lesser forums.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Good to hear... It would be a shame to hear what could have happened to this guy and his woman if he hadn't been armed, could have been very bad for them.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Justification? I am confused. The rule is older than civilization itself, threaten the life of another and you may forfeit your own life in the process. Choose the wrong victim and you will end up dead.

Pretty easy to understand. It is not a new concept. It is a law of nature.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

You should be asking this question to the armed felons/crack/meth heads who will drop you just to steal your shoes and your timex. Perhaps you will just protect yourself by curling up into a ball on the ground. Would you let them assault your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/child.

I know you would probably like to reason these thugs to death but they do not respond to reason when they need 10 bucks to buy a hit. They have nothing to lose by killing you and anyone else.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

In a system of natural morality based on natural law of individual sovereignty, when a threat of death is placed against one sovereign individual by another, the one threatening death gives up his right to live. It is a choice made by the individual "I am going to threaten harm on another, hence I give up the right to not be harmed myself."

In a system of rational anarchy where we collectively police, this thought process of sovereign rights per individual would be ingrained in us from birth, and only the truly foolish would threaten harm on another, knowing that immediate repercussion would come by those around him/her.

However, in our current system, the thought process is probably more along the lines of "I can do what I want without repercussion because I will get hot meals and a bed to sleep in no matter what" etc. Combine this with the mentality such as "I am having my life threatened, I better do what he says and wait for the cops to take care of this problem for me because I don't think I can defend myself." The system has people willing to die for the criminal, it is pathetic.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

If you threaten my life while I'm holding a gun... your life is forfeit. As far as I'm concerned, you've earned your death by endangering and threatening the life of another.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
These stories are not rare they're just generally reported locally while whenever some psycho hurts people with a firearm it's generally reported nationally.

For daily accounts of self-defense with a firearm from the nation over checkout: Operation Self Defense

As far as justifying taking the life of an attacker/intruder. It's not necessary. The attacker/intruder forfeited their right to exist by attacking/intruding. If I shoot a would-be mugger that's too bad but I didnt decide my wallet was worth his life. He decided my wallet was worth his life.

Gun defenses since January 1, 2008 = 2528345
WWW Self Defense Clock

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Looks like the chap was packing a revolver...

If I had been in his place, the assailant would have taken 15 shots (probably 5 mozambique sets).

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
People need to stop bashing the pro gun people.

Tell you how wrong it is to shoot someone who walks up to your car and puts a pistol in your face? THE ROBBER HAD A GUN TOO, and yes, they DO shoot people. I had a friend who was shot in the head in front of his three children just south of Atlanta by scum like this. He deserved what he got, as he'd probably shot or hurt others many times before if he had nuts enough to walk up on a car in a parking lot like that.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

HAHAHAHA

10 to the body 5 to the head. If he got up after that I'd let him have my house.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

rule of thumb is you shot till he is no longer a danger.

if he falls to the ground with the gun still in his hand you keep shooting till you run out of ammo.

then you reload.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by ANNED]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join