It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have brain worms?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I was given this information by a friend that deals in natural remedies that does not want his name used. He is saying a Doctor friend of his that deals with the human brain has seen a dramatic increase in brain worms in the last 2 years. The Doctor told him of the last 1800 patients he treated 98% of them had brain worms.

I said you have got to be pulling my leg and he said infatically he was not. I asked what he thought was causing this increase in brain worms and his answer shocked me. I will not repeat what he said because of the tremendous redicule that would be forthcoming.

Here is a website that talks about brainworms and how and why you may contract them.

eands.caltech.edu...

Mod Edit: Fixed Link.

[edit on 14/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

That link isn't working.
Did your friend say he thought they were on the increase because of nano-technology?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Like that? Tapeworms?
Roundworms can infect the brain too, I think...

*twitch* Ick.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

For some reason the site is up now. I see thanks Mod
eands.caltech.edu...

As far as nanotechnolgy do not know but if what my friend thinks is happening this is very scary indeed.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by amari]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Thanks for the info ravenshadow and I had no clue that a tapeworm from pork could actually penetrate the blood brain barrier. This will make me think twice before I eat pork.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

I know, right? Zoology class teaches you crazy stuff.
Hookworms can invade your body through your feet if you walk around barefoot. They also produce an anesthetic so you don't even feet it.

Worms are insane.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Brain worms, ewww!!! We had a couple of N. Fowleri cases here in Oklahoma a while back. Two boys, 7 and 9, were playing in some hot stagnant water and each died within about a week. There was a House episode that took creative license of an N. Fowleri-like infection. So far, I think that would be on my Top 10 "Least Favorite Ways to Die" list. Anyway, I gotta get back to eating this egg salad sandwich I bought at a truck stop.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I understand there is a treatment for brain worms and will look further into the matter. Could many of the diseases that humans are afflicted with be misdiagnosed and possibly brain worms being the culpret instead?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
As disgusting as the subject is. There are supposedly good herbal remedies for parasites.
Herbalhealer.com
Pork workers have also been affected with some sort of airborne disease that I think is connected to the worms eggs or something.
Here's another thread we had on it;
Doctors find worm in woman's brain.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari
As far as nanotechnolgy do not know but if what my friend thinks is happening this is very scary indeed.

And previous comment about being ridiculed.

Cmon this is ATS everyone gets flamed, your talking about a real thing too not about goldfish with scalpels who infect livers at night when we are asleep.

And youve brought up a thread on Brain Worms, real as they are, dont worry about the ridicule knowing the human mind lol, as I do the Image created in most peoples mind of that will put them of ridicule and straight into search and survival mode Immediately.

Like our most ancient Human Relatives seeing a big sabre tooth approaching and hungry, point is they aint going to be asking which Valley the Sabre tooth came from, or how nice its coat maybe for a new winter rug for the cave this year.... But where might there be more at all, and the following ... ,

Lets keep my eyes on this one?

Is it alone, and if so where is the family and others, even vaguelly likely to be coming from?

How Can avoid it and its friends or kill it before it gets me?

All rational thoughts of logic dissapear with that image, of Worms in our brains eating us, well you know eggs hatching with fangs for mouths as tapes do... cysts exploding in our brains gross.......... trust me.... Mind did when I learnt about these critters years ago... so....

So cmon please tell us why your friend said?

We don't personally know you, ridicule if any at all is only against your online ID and even as a twenty odd year vegetarian I am Piqued?

Thank You,

Elf

Edit to add answer to OPs headline, NO and I dont intend to either

[edit on 15-1-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
seriously want to know the reason for the increase. maybe this is why god tells muslims and jews to avoid pork!!! oooh, could be a muslim terror plot in the offing.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
In futurama Frys brain worm helped him....

Hell if they give me super powers .... ill let them be my engineers.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
i think the worms were in fry's bowel, not his brain, although they did increase his intelligence.

[edit on 15/1/09 by pieman]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have read that tapeworm eggs can be inhaled!

We now have all these new diseases, thanks to government allowing so many 3rd worlders into our countries. The Mexicans have brought us their amebas and a deadly strain of Tb. Who knows what all is coming in with the Africans and Asians.

And for sure it would be politically incorrect or racist to demand that these people be checked for such diseases and denied entry if they came out positive for them.

It wasn't enough that government officials finally realized that exotic species of plants and animals ran rampant of the country. i.e. English Starlings, Australian Jack Rabbits, various plants etc.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Raw pumpin seeds will kill worms, at least in the intestines.

Ick.

The thought of worms in the brain... yuck, my intestines doth protest.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
ohzone;(clever name, i like it) first of all, mexicans can't really bring an airborne disease like tb into the us, tb doesn't tend to respect human borders. a tourist could bring it in, cattle, animals(probably), it's not so clear cut as "those damn mexicans".

second; it wouldn't be racist to check the health of emigrants, seems pretty sencible and i'ld be surprised if the us didn't do it.

third; the american natives didn't fair so well with diseases in the early pioneer days, any influx of people will bring new disease, thats the way of it. 3rd world, 1st, doesn't matter.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

Originally posted by amari

Cmon this is ATS everyone gets flamed, your talking about a real thing too not about goldfish with scalpels who infect livers at night when we are asleep.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by MischeviousElf]

As I recall it was a goldfish MAN ....and although he excreted electrical current from his body I do not recall anything about him ever weilding a scalpel....ahh ...never mind .....not important

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

You asked for it now can you handle what I am about to say. This is one mans opinion not mine but the odds of 98% of 1800 having brain worms is astranomical.

If you were trying to take over the human race or you were an enemy what if you introduced worms, larvae or parasites into the food chain to enter the brain in order to control what you think or what you are told.

Like something out of an alien science fiction flick this is one mans thoughts and he would not tell me if he had any inside information.

The problem with what I call brain worms the symptoms of having them in the brain would be in my way of thinking would mimic or cause you to think you have certain diseases. Now having worms in the brain would seem to be a specific disease to me.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by amari]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I don't think that placing parasites into your brain would alter how you think (although it would maek you sick). The tapeworms can be cured with medications......Naegleria fowleri can't.

Here is a a fact sheet on the amobea... and what you can do to avoid it (it is invariably fatal).

Naegleri Fowleri

Note that chlorine doesn't kill N. Fowleri.

[edit on 09/20/2008 by Amniodarone]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Woman goes in the hospital to have brain tumor removed but the surgeon found a large worm instead. Also click on crossing the border into South Texas and the consequences of workers carrying deadly worms in the brain that can be transmitted to other humans by not being sanitary when handling your food.

snafu-ed.blogspot.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join