It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prometheus Rising

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Is anyone else reading or maybe already read this book?

Prometheus Rising
Not sure if this is the right thread.

I've just started reading it and I have started the 1st experiment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXERCIZES
Sad as it is to say, you never understand anything by merely reading a book about it. That's why every science course includes laboratory experiments, and why every consciousnessliberation movement demands practice of yogas, meditations, confrontation techniques, etc. in which the ideas are tested in the laboratory of your own nervous system. The reader will absolutely not understand this book unless he or she does the exercizes given at the end of each chapter. To explore the Thinker and the Prover, try the following:

1. Visualize a quarter vividly, and imagine vividly that you are going to find the quarter on the street. Then, look for the quarter every time you take a walk, meanwhile continuing to visualize it. See how long it takes you to find the quarter.
2. Explain the above experiment by the hypothesis of "selective attention"—that is, believe there are lots of lost quarters everywhere and you were bound to find one by continually looking. Go looking for a second quarter.
3. Explain the experiment by the alternative "mystical" hypothesis that "mind controls everything." Believe that you made the quarter manifest in this universe. Go looking for a second quarter.

If the reader is a scientist, be not alarmed. This refers not to you but only to those benighted fools in the opposite camp who refuse to recognize that your theory is the only reasonable one. Of course.

4. Compare the time it takes to find the second quarter using the first hypothesis (attention) with the time it takes using the second hypothesis (mind-over-matter).

5. With your own ingenuity, invent similar experiments and each time compare the two theories—"selective attention" (coincidence) vs. "mind controls everything" (psychokinesis).

6. Avoid coming to any strong conclusions prematurely. At the end of a month, re-read this chapter, think it over again, and still postpone coming to any dogmatic conclusion. Believe it possible that you do not know everything yet, and that you might have something still to learn.

7. Convince yourself1 (if you are not already convinced) that you are ugly, unattractive and dull. Go to a party in that frame of mind. Observe how people treat you.

8. Convince yourself (if you are not already convinced) that you are handsome, irresistible and witty. Go to a party in that frame of mind. Observe how people treat you.

9. This is the hardest of all exercizes and comes in two parts. First, observe closely and dispassionately two dear friends and two relative strangers. Try to figure out what their Thinkers think, and how their Provers methodically set about proving it. Second, apply the same exercize to yourself. If you think you have learned the lessons of these exercizes in less than six months, you haven't really been working at them. With real work, in six months you should be just beginning to realize how little you know about everything.

10. Believe it possible that you can float off the ground and fly by merely willing it. See what happens. If this exercize proves as disappointing to you as it has to me, try number 11 below, which is never disappointing. 11. Believe that you can exceed all your previous ambitions and hopes in all areas of your life.

"Believe" or "convince yourself mean to do what an actor does: pretend until the pretense begins to feel real. Or, as Jazz musicians say: "Fake it until you make it."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Jan. 9 2:50pm, I started visualizing the quarter on the road. I walk a few times a day and am still waiting to find the quarter. The reason I'm posting this is because I had two things happen that could have been chance happenings but I thought I'd post anyway. So after thinking and looking for the quarter all day I didn't have any luck. I went home and checked the mail. I received a check for $92. Later I went to gas my car, it came to $19.75, leaving me with a quarter change. I ignored it because it was not on the ground where I was supposed to find it. Also a few days later I looked at the check for 92 bucks I still hadn't cashed it. It was actually the amount $92.25. Anyway, I thought this was interesting.

I'm still waiting to find a quarter on the ground though...maybe I already found it?

[edit on 1/14/2009 by librasleep]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I started doing those experiments about 6 years ago and still do them from time to time for kicks, the point would be at least to me to apply them to your way of thinking, that way you can spark ways you wouldn't normally use to think about different things and get different perspectives without having to totally rely on others for the input.

The other week with quaters in my mind I found a $20 bill laying on the sidewalk in front of my house, now would I have noticed it had I not had the thought to look for money in the first place and why did I find it and what does that say about money itself that it can be found just laying around for us to pick up if we only would pay attention, maybe.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by bubbabuddha]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I might see if I can find or order a hard copy of this book. I hate reading books online. It's winter here so if I find a quarter in the snow, that would blow my mind. I'll post if I ever do.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Update on quarter search...

Ever since I started this, I've been staring at a little piece of what I thought was shiny trash under my desk. So today I said frig it and picked it up. It turned out to be one of those Easter chocolate money candies with a little duck on it and it's has 25 cents printed on it. Maybe the quarter on the street is getting closer to manifesting itself? hmm...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Interesting,

but from your post you never adressed on how to overcome
doubt... just straight believe... this seems to me a no good
fundament, because doubt is overcome by logics.. you
never doubt of an apple falling from the sky... because you
understand gravity.... picking a quarter in the street by luck
seems soo far out, unlogical.... my mind constantly remind
me that someone must loose the quarter in the first place and
all the endless conditions prior to this to happen...

to the point: if an altered state of mind is the way to rundown
doubt, IMHO your halfway there...

Can you post some more topics?
This is great food for though.

[]´s
RP

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
You do have a point. I can't really say I've completely over come doubt. But when ever I do doubt, I try to lightly push it aside and keep imagining how it would look laying on the ground. For me right now, it's not important how it ends up there, I just want to find it.

[edit on 1/23/2009 by librasleep]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Not sure what the above poster went so nuts about, but I just wanted to report that I did indeed find a quarter today in a icy snow puddle while on my walk. It was 3 days shy of a month since I started.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Found 2nd quarter earlier today around 2:20pm, 5 days after 1st one.

[edit on 2/11/2009 by librasleep]

top topics

join