It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Taggers, I'm Gonna Bust You. You Painted The Wrong Building

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
All of a sudden our neighborhood is being marked up with spray paint.
One of these little pieces of garbage decided to make a mistake and tag my building.

I don't even know what it says, and if I can't read it, what was the the point ?
Is it SINFIR ?

And then the wall next door was tagged by the same person.

Can anyone tell me what that says ?

These are other tags in a few blocks around my place.

This one has a tag over a tag.

All these images are being sent to the police and we're spraying them with graffiti remover to get rid of them.

I have no idea what any of these mean or what statement the person is trying to make, but I intend to catch them. I have two cameras that will be on 24/7 from now on, and my neighbour has a camera that she's gonna point at the alley. And yes, they have infra red night vision.

Can anyone offer an opinion ?
Why all of a sudden is this happening ?
What do the words say, or what do they mean ?
Is there some sort of point to painting on people's buildings ?

Thanx
anx...........

EDIT: I like to edit.

[edit on 13/1/2009 by anxietydisorder]
title vulgarity snipped

[edit on 1/14/2009 by Badge01]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
it doesn't look like gang graffiti so thats good. as far as why, idk

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I hope you catch them and whoop some sense into their illiterate brain buckets.
It's like they advertise that they are idiots. I guess it saves us all the trouble of speaking to them and then deciding.

As for the police, well expect nothing. They will just say that you did the work for them by removing the paint. Maybe I would suggest a motion sensor hooked up to the cam that would aim a laser light at them, like a laser site effect.

I wish stupidity was painful.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Looks like annoying teenager stuff. Now, I'm still a teenager, and I'm not going to lie: I have done more than a little graffiti. HOWEVER(and this is a big however); our stuff was always art. We always spent weeks coming up with the design and buying the paint and we'd paint up the design in a park that we'd previously picked out. They were always nice, and they'd be removed after a while or after other people came in and vandalized our "vandalism".

This is just stupid. There's no need to write something stupid on someone's house. These people need to be knocked in the head with a hammer for every IQ point they possess. And the average is 97 so...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
That looks ALOT like gang grafitti...

Alot of times the grafitti is a mark to let people know they 'own' this area

Talk to your local urban gang unit

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

I don't think it looks like gang graffiti. I've seen a lot of it and this stuff is too fragmented. In gang graffiti you see a gang name or abbreviation repeated over and over as a "marking of territory". This doesn't look like that. It resembles the stuff a bunch of guys did on the back of our carport when I was living in California. It was an isolated incident and they were just bored and did a lot of random crap.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Didn't you know "sinifir," "rome sot ener," and "sofp," are a part of a new form of communication for our ridiculously ignorant society.

Most likely the first round of high school dropouts is officially joining your local society. You have to give a few of them credit, at least they figured out there has to be vowels somewhere in the slew of letters.

I am not going to lie, It is kind of funny if you try to vocalize it. If you ever catch one of them you should scream "Sinifir! Sofp!" then look at them with a questioning face and calmly, question, "rome sot ener?" You could even use the symbols in the ones that aren't legible. "Okek Y 'butt cheeks' lae." (thats the fourth one down. It really looks like that to me)

Once you get that confused stare back point and say "That's what it says idiot."

On a side note well done graffiti where something other than crap letters is depicted is kind of interesting, but as everything else there is a time and place, keyword PLACE, for everything.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by dantrav]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dantrav

Holy S***T! You made me die laughing. Now, I'm going to admit that I am a high school drop out, but I am far from retarded. This post was fantastic: A STAR FOR YOU!

Hopefully we can all do this to the proper people and they will explode upon being faced with their own stupidity.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Take a look at this...these things aren't that much different from what I am seeing up top.I am not trying to scare OP and I am not saying it is definately gang-related but we can't discount it just because it isn't exactly the way other gangs do it.

static.howstuffworks.com...

Nothing repeated up here except the 33rd. Hey the OP can do what he wants. I am just saying maybe it's a touch early to simply say "it's not a gang"

Their tags change from time to time and many of their stuff is fragmented without repetition

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It's a little different. Tags change from time to time but they're still legible. You can clearly see in the second one that 33 is a number they are associated with and you see phrases like "cop killaz" and things like that.

Is the connection you're making here based on the style of the lettering? If so, that's a pretty hard thing to base the whole situation on. Whether it's a gang or not, it's a little to early to tell either way. It really doesn't look like a gang related thing to me. It looks more like random vandalism.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well like I said above I am not making a full connection yet. What I am saying is it's a bit rash to simply denounce the gang idea in my opinion. I've seen plenty of gang times in my Chicago ambulance time. Granted I wasn't on the CFD but I was contracted and travelled everywhere from the Gold coast to the projects. I've seen plenty of tags like this that were gang related.

The words could be names, codes, markings...whatever. You say these look alot less legible as if done by teenagers but dont' forget alot of these gang members are drop outs and teens themselves; not always the brightest of chaps.

Like I said, OP can do what he deems neccesary. He is an intelligent person. I am just saying I think it could be releated...possible

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
As a former writer(tagger) let me way in here now before you all jump on me for my misdeeds i was always taught hitting a personal residence was a big no no. Anyway looks like you got a crew forming in your area The ones with bubble letters are called bombs the tags over it are probably someone dissing them if thats the case it means they got beef and you'll probally see at lot more of it.

By the looks of the writing there not very good looks like some fonts you get off the internet plus the sudden explosion of it shows they don't know how to lay low. So they will probally get caught in a little bit and be forced to pay restitution. If that dosn't make you feel better you could always set a trap for em.

It dosnt look like gang graffiti gangs mostly just mark gang territory with there gang name. These are writters with there own names looks like typical graffiti crew writing to me.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by WisdomInChains]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

It looks like it was done by wannabes. In most areas, spray paint is not sold to persons under 18 years of age to keep down the vandalism.
They have to do it late at night, and that begs the question of where are the parents?

I hope you catch those responsible, and press charges. Ask the judge to put them on cleaning detail to remove all the graffiti and garbage on vacant lots.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I want to thank everyone for their input, I don't have a lot of experience with graffiti.

I don't really think it's gang related. I live in a Canadian city with a very low crime rate, and my neighbourhood is clean and safe. People around here are fantastic in that they care for their property and even vacant buildings are maintained to keep them looking in good repair.

I'm betting it's just some kids that live close, possibly one in my own building.
I have a suspect, and I'm good friends with his mom.

Paint is available at every variety store around here and there are no restriction on who can buy it. I was in one store two blocks away today and they had over thirty colours of automotive paint in small spray cans, plus all sorts of Krylon and marine paint.

The damn thing is, it was on sale for 99 cents a can.:shk:

We redirected one of the security cameras today, hopefully I get something on tape.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Actually, these aren't gangstas tagging your building, it's the Freemasons.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
You don't belong on ATS...Graffiti is a representation of culture and anti-gov. I'll come paint your business right now and walk away laughing. Then when the city counsel/law enforcement asks why you didn't take it down..simply tell them it's not my job, it's yours.

top topics

join