It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The oldest preserved human brain found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

The oldest preserved human brain from an ancient society has been found in Armenia (oldest so far)

In a cave overlooking southeastern Armenia’s Arpa River, just across the border from Iran, scientists have uncovered what may be the oldest preserved human brain from an ancient society. The cave also offers surprising new insights into the origins of modern civilizations, such as evidence of a winemaking enterprise and an array of culturally diverse pottery.

The Oldest Preserved Brain in the World

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review This Link

[edit on Tue Jan 13 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

Very interesting, we seem to be finding brains here, there and everywhere

Ancient brains found in England

I do hope we don't get a zombie infestation.

sty

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

LOL, do not worry, we are already acting like zombies in our modern society. let us hope we find the cure haha.
back on topic - any ideea on the age of this oldest brain? if we do not damage the brain maybe in the future we could have the tech to retrive some information ..

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

Excavations in and just outside of Areni-1 cave during 2007 and 2008 yielded an extensive array of Copper Age artifacts dating to between 6,200 and 5,900 years ago, reported Gregory Areshian of the University of California, Los Angeles, January 11 at the annual meeting of the Archaeological Institute of America. In eastern Europe and the Near East, an area that encompasses much of southwest Asia, the Copper Age ran from approximately 6,500 to 5,500 years ago.

Researchers also found a trio of Copper Age human skulls, each buried in a separate niche inside the three-chambered, 600-square–meter cave. The skulls belonged to 12- to 14-year-old girls, according to anatomical analyses conducted independently by three biological anthropologists. Fractures identified on two skulls indicate that the girls were killed by blows from a club of some sort, probably in a ritual ceremony, Areshian suggested. Remarkably, one skull contained a shriveled but well-preserved brain. “This is the oldest known human brain from the Old World,” Areshian said. The Old World comprises Europe, Asia, Africa and surrounding islands.

Mod Note: Quote Reference-Please Review This Link.

[edit on Tue Jan 13 2009 by Jbird]

sty

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

very interesting, thanks for the post! Well, we can try to preserve the brain till we can read them (using possible future techs) or.. we can try to clone the 2 girls ! At the age of 13-14 i guess that back then you could call them "women" as average lifespam was around 30..

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
That's pretty cool, thanks for the post! I wonder what kind of discoveries will come from this. Strange where the found it though, I mean to me. In an ancient wine factory type of thing. Strange but again, cool!

top topics

join