It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sounds from the past

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Several years ago I worked at a book store that used to be an indoor movie theater. The break room and office were upstairs. One night I was the closing manager and all the staff except for one other person was gone. As I walked up the enclosed stairway to the office I suddenly heard what sounded like a party of perhaps 20 people. Just general crowd-like commotion and people having a good time. The sounds came from the break room area and I wondered why so many people were up there when I had to close the store down for the night.

The sounds continued until I reached to open the door at the top of the stairs, then the noise faded. I opened the door and walked straight to the break room just across the hall, but nobody was there. Only one other employee was upstairs getting his paycheck. He heard nothing.

I think this must have been a residual sound from the past. Soon after this happened I told the warehouse manager about it, she said, "Oh, you heard 'the party'". Apparently this event has been replaying itself for years and I had no idea about it...until I heard it for myself.

Any comments?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jped62

I wish we would find the how of these kinds of events. Maybe everything gets recorded and if so and we could find a way to view it, that would be a form a time machine.

I wonder whether sounds from the past have been recorded or that you can only hear them; anyway it must be sound waves since you can hear them and not radio waves. So something must be emitting those sounds; unless time is curved somehow and touches itself so that past and future fuse. Just a bit of theorizing

I read this fascinating account of a girl that was on an abandoned airport from WO II. She saw two men who apparently saw her too and gestured that she should leave. If this indeed is true, this was not a "recording" she saw, but the future must already exist (as in one future or more).

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

I like your theory. I think some events, future or past, may somehow overlap with our present. We humans are locked in 3 dimensions, unable to move through time, but maybe sounds or visuals of certain events can really be perceived by some of us under the right conditions.

Perhaps the past, present and future are all happening around us at the same 'time'...I wonder.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Must have been a hell of a party to continue on into the afterlife - we should all be so lucky!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
it'd be interesting to know what was so important about that party. .

i do somehow think that maybe our idea of 'time' is somewhat inaccurate and that all 'time' is happening simultaneously - i don't know how this would work but it's just something i find interesting. . .

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well thanks

There is story in Sardinia about a date somewhere in August when at a certain place at midnight you can hear the screams of the royals called in a battle some hundred years ago. And as it goes, these sounds can be heard every year at that day and time.

I have not ever witnessed this so I can not vouch for it. But is the only story of its kind that I know of.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pretty_vacant
it'd be interesting to know what was so important about that party. .

i do somehow think that maybe our idea of 'time' is somewhat inaccurate and that all 'time' is happening simultaneously - i don't know how this would work but it's just something i find interesting. . .

I've read theories that suggest exactly what you describe. Everything's happening all at once, just on different tracks.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Very Interesting, who you should put a voice recorder in that room and see if you can pick anything up over night. I believe the word is Imprinting or Residual Imprints. Here's a website that talks about Imprints:

Imprints

Some info on EVP's

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I once heard a phantom party too.
It’s just a thought, but could the effects of alcohol on the brain have anything to do those peoples voices being audible to the sober in the future.
One question; does the party happen at regular times, or are those times scattered?
Of course one must first discount our seasonal movement of the clocks.

new topics

top topics

join