It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN: 257 Palestinian children killed in Gaza

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Here is the reply to Olmert:

"The prime minister clearly hasn't learned anything," Netanyahu said. "This is the same prime minister who allowed Hamas to run in Jerusalem. It's the same prime minister who is not able to nip things in the bud before they get out of hand. He gets carried away due to his lack of leadership and that was proven by the way things got out of hand in the South and then the North and his scandalous handling of the war. It's a government of failure and blunder and it has to go as soon as possible."

Source

Seems Olmert is not innocent in all of this then?

[edit on 11-1-2009 by george_gaz]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz
You mean the one sided part of the story with no source?

Line 2

[edit on 11-1-2009 by george_gaz]

I have sourced this numerous times on many of these Mideast threads. The Prime minister of Israel is the source and the entire article is found in The Jerusalem Post.

There are so many articles about all of this that the smart thing for you to do would be to google search for something like...

hamas was created to destroy the PLO

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

Cool you deleted your post and then put this one up...
No matter the point that you can't escape is that according to the Israeli Prime Minister, Hamas is a product of Israel.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I edited my post because I decided to go and find your source for myself, hence why it has been edited to reflect the other side of the story you neglected to post.

It depends what you mean by product really (and by this I mean, below I have used a quote stating how Israel used "Hamas" to their benefit but this hardly shaped them into what they are today). Some claim that the CIA brought this Hamas to come about, I am looking for some good sources for this, any pointers would be appreciated?

According to UPI, Israel supported Hamas starting in the late 1970s as a "counterbalance to the Palestine Liberation Organization". At that time, Hamas's focus was on "religious and social work".

Source

If Hamas started in the 70's (the name Hamas first being used/published in '87) with the religious and social work at what point did they turn into a terrorist organisation carrying out suicide bombings? And did they then change on their own accord or was it a governing political hand that caused them to sway?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

Fella,
There is no escape from the quote...

Netanyahu established Hamas, gave it life, freed Sheikh Yassin and gave him the opportunity to blossom

or this quote...

Let us not forget that it was Israel, which in fact created Hamas. According to Zeev Sternell, historian at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, "Israel thought that it was a smart ploy to push the Islamists against the Palestinian Liberation Organisation (PLO)".

or this quote...

Oh and I edited this post to include that you deleted your post and then replaced it. We trust that edits to posts are done to repair problems like broken links, spelling, grammar, pictures that don't display, etc. Deleting a comment and then replacing it destroys the continuity and meaning of a thread.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by Alpha_Magnum]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
With all due respect I am going to ignore your first quote which is clearly the direct opinion of an opposition party leader. I posted the same above, which was ignored so I don';t know why I am expected to offer you the same courteusy.

I will look at the other two in due time.

I might add that you claiming that Hamas was created by Israel, is that Mossad you are pointing the finger at? What aspect of "Israel" is to blame?

I assume you used this as part of your source?

Quite unexpectedly, Prime Minister Netanyahu ordered Sheik Ahmed Yassin to be released from prison ("on humanitarian grounds") where he was serving a life sentence.

Not sure on the validity of that, I think Hassane Zerouky is telling porkies. "Humanitarian grounds" or open exchange for Mossad agents?

In 1997 Yassin was released from Israeli prison as part of an arrangement with Jordan following the failed assassination attempt of Khaled Mashal, which had been conducted by the Israeli Mossad in Jordan. Yassin was released by Israel in exchange for two Mossad agents who had been arrested by Jordanian authorities, on the condition that he refrain from continuing to call for suicide bombings against Israel.

I will also add, as you seem to be getting annoyed, that I am not trying to state that they were not "created" by Israel. I am simply interested in learning more about the current conflict. Hamas are a terrorist organistation regardless of who created them and what they are doing (just like what Israel are doing) is wrong.

Oh also I just want to ask, which I am sure you can help with. Ron Paul says they are "American weapons" right? To what extent does he make this claim?
I know the UK sold a bunch of planes to Saudi but was that for the UK to make some money or are we helping them bomb other people for our own gains?

So these "American weapons" are they givento Israel or sold? If they are sold then it could just be for profit as opposed to political gain? Or it could be for both.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by george_gaz]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join