It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN: 257 Palestinian children killed in Gaza

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

UN: 257 Palestinian children killed in Gaza

news.yahoo.com

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip – Tiny bodies lying side by side wrapped in white burial shrouds. The cherubic face of a dead preschooler sticking up from the rubble of her home. A man cradling a wounded boy in a chaotic emergency room after Israel shelled a U.N. school.

Children, who make up more than half of crowded Gaza's 1.4 million people, are the most defenseless victims of the war between Israel and Hamas. The Israeli army has unleashed unprecedented force in its campaign against Hamas militants, who have been taking cover among civilians.

A photo of 4-year-old Kaukab Al Dayah, just her bloodied head sticking out from the rubble of her home, covered many front pages in the Arab world Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
F-16 versus toddler, who is going to lose that one I wonder? At some point the US needs to stop protecting Isreal. This has really gotten out of hand.

The wall them off, crowd them into smaller and smaller areas, and then drop in the bombs, artillery, and attack chopters. This has gone from a supposed self defence exersize to out and out genocide.

Sure sure, cleaned up by 21st century standards, but at some point, you will need to list the West bank and Gaza with concentration camps of days ago.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/8/09 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

so many lives cut short
find it hard to belive that there will be people that will defend this
even harder if they are parents them selves.

only an uncle my self

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Shame on you for such blatant demogogery.

Hamas is using hopsitals and schools to hide troops and weapons. The UN says so.

Hammas is putting CIVILIANS on the roof tops to keep the bombers away. That means they know Israel WILL TRY TO AVOID civilians.

Please stop this fear mongering.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

dude, i am the most non-maternal person you would ever meet. But even i have a heard time controlling my tears after seeing the massacre which takes place.

I really don't understand how people can be so numb to it all.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
reply to post by FredT

Hamas is using hopsitals and schools to hide troops and weapons. The UN says so.

Hammas is putting CIVILIANS on the roof tops to keep the bombers away. That means they know Israel WILL TRY TO AVOID civilians.

So hamas is the one bombing civilians - or atleast paving the way for israel to do so. were you there to verify all this??? or are your just listening to the msm?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

This is sickening... when will it stop and as you say...when will America stop turning a blind eye?

The images are awful at the moment...

to quote myself from the other night..

"I have to say that whilst watching the news for about 6 hours solid last night and into the wee hours of this morning, it really..really hit me and i was overcome with emotion... i just couldn't contain myself and was quite upset for a while....dead kid after dead kid being loaded into wagons and cars.... "

This has got to stop...

I was speaking out against US and UK for the Iraq invasion... hell i even protested .... and if i could have got to london on the 4th (of this month 09), i would have been there man.

[edit on 8/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

Originally posted by crmanager
reply to post by FredT

The UN slammed the attacks on that school ans said that no rockets were fired from there but from streets away...

Please...

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

try and avoid civilians?
the country uses white phosphorus and cluster bombs in dense areas and Farms populated by civililans,

you call that unintentional targeting, what a Joke

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Blah blah blah

What fear mongering. The IDF is not going after civilians in my neighborhood nor yours. Unless you ar ein the West bank right now what exactly do you have to fear? Sure the moral and ethical implications of not only endorsing but embracing genocide.

How exactly has Isreal gone out of its way 750+ dead and counting?

If this is Isreal avoiding civilian casulties then Im Golda Mier

Typical
1) Wall them off
2) cut off evauation routes
3) Crowd them into increasing levels of population density
4) Destroy civilian infrastructure
5) Keep out those pesky Reporters. Who wants a lookie loo when you are slaughtering civilians
6) Bomb UN workders (remember the Liberty)
7) Claim innocence.
8) make holaucaust references
9) Lable anybody critical of the genocide an "Anti Semite"

How about you spare us the same old tired propaganda comming from AIPAC, and the IDF :shk:

Nothing explains away than many dead kids NOTHING

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Heard on NPR that witnesses said they saw Hamas members did indeed fire near the building. Can't back it up since I was in the car driving home and listening to the radio. Perhaps the NPR website has the audio posted.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I know Palestine has a large population of young citizens... but 257 children killed in 14 days? That is opprobrious!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Near the building.... how near?

And that justifies obliterating anything within a...what... how big a radius is ok by you or who decides?

It was a UN run school... the UN slammed the attacks??

What more do you want?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Israel have acted in a despicable manner. Israel have sunk to new lows. I will never have respect for that country again. They don't deserve sympathy. They're no better than Hamas. In actual fact, they're worse in my opinion.

If Israel ever burns, I won't bat an eyelid.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Forget Operation 'Cast Lead'...

This is Operation 'Herod'

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yes where is the "Isreal is right no matter what" crowd?

Hmmmm, maybe even this is something they cannot spin away

Congrats to Israel and the IDF. You have not only killed innocent children, you have managed to set the stage for the next generation of terrorists.

For a country that is always reminding us of thier history they sure have a funny way of forgetting it themselves

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

a good quote by Winston Churchill and quite accurate

"Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it." - Winston Churchill

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Considering that Hamas was probably set up by the CIA and western cartels, like al-quaeda, who cares. This isn't the peoples battle, this is staged mahem against the people, stirring lifelong traumas and pain amongst each side in the cartels evil agenda. Even prison planet has a piece about Hamas and the cia.
Its too obvious. Stop fighting the cartel's (Rothschild, Rockefeller, DuPont or BUsh madmen) campaign and lay down your weapons. All the world's children are precious. Its your madmen leaders that are expendable.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
While Israeli attacks seem completely unacceptable, the actions by Hamas are also are unacceptable.

It is obvious, at least from my perspective that Hamas intentionally provoked the Israelis with random rocket attacks on Israel, then knowing that Israel would respond with brutal force, they then have their fighters in positions where they would draw Israeli attacks knowing that civilian casualties would be very high, including women, and especially children. Obviously they want to turn the world opinion against Israel, and it is working well for them... Israel is damned if they do or do not defend themselves against Hamas rocket attacks.

That said, Israel has shown little regard for the civilians trapped in Gaza, and it is beyond reprehensible, both sides should equally share the blame for the loss of civilians lives, especially the children.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I agree, but every time someone writes Hamas, just substitute cia or cartel, and you're closer to the truth and the bad guys. Same with the other side. Its all a staged evil cartel game.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join