It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11yo girl Dies - God Vs. Science

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. Thomas Jefferson WAS NOT a fan of religion. But what did he say about the rights of parents versus the "right" of the government to dictate to parents? Hmmm?

Any particular reason you don't want to paste his quote about this very thing?

What does that have to do with anything?
If there was a religion which had a ceremony in which a convert slashes his/her wrists, should the government get involved?
Once it crosses the line of personal safety, the government absolutely should get involved.
What makes this case worse is that the 11 year old couldn't have known better, but her parents absolutely should have known better.

Just curious...
Would you be ok with the same parents not feeding their children but instead praying to God that they would be full? Is that ok, or is that one crossing the line?

Again, the government shouldn't interfere with religion, but then again, a parent shouldn't interfere with their child's safety. Someone has to step up and do the right thing, but you seem to want no one to fill that role.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Any particular reason you don't want to paste his quote about this very thing?

This has everything to do with comman sense! And comman sense would tell you that something would have to be done if a childs life is at stake!!

I mean please.. Don't sit there and act like just becasue I ask that someone get into this.. Doesnt mean I want the government to have full control over everything we do.

Please use a little comman sense. Thats all I ask.. Its not that hard to do.
As truthparadox has pointed out..

Would you be ok with the same parents not feeding their children but instead praying to God that they would be full? Is that ok, or is that one crossing the line?

Again, the government shouldn't interfere with religion, but then again, a parent shouldn't interfere with their child's safety. Someone has to step up and do the right thing, but you seem to want no one to fill that role.

We can sit here and use more examples of why this is so wrong on so many levels!

A person can belive what ever they wish.. They can worship the devil for all I care.. But lets say parents who want to whorship the devil decide they want to sacrifice their child to Satan.. Should we all just sit back and allow them to do so?
Comman sense dude!

And it doesnt even have to be governments who step up to the plate..
But maybe the person who lives next door. Or a concerned member of another church!

You don't need governments to tell you how to live your life, and how to belive in a God.
But you do need PEOPLE to step in and take charge when a child is being killed over a silly idea!!

What are you not understanding here sir_chancealot?

If these where adults who wanted to pray to get well and die so be it.
But it was an 11 year old child for Gods sake.
When will people ever really give a damn for other people?

It doesnt even have to be government to step in.. Why not another church. As they should know this paints a bad picture for those who get lumped together unfairly.. Yet it happens all the time.

I should know all about that.. Im the kind of person who gets unfairly lumped together with all sorts of sterotypes..

If anyone has room to speak about this.. It should be me!

[edit on 25-1-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Update to this thread...

Parents get jail for letting daughter die, relying on prayer

Also wanted to update my thoughts about this matter. I feel God is here all the time working in many different ways. If you are only going to merely pray for something to happen, and not see what the universe is sending your way. Then its ignorance, And there is no ignorance to the law of murder!

[edit on 16-10-2009 by zysin5]

<< 1  2   >>

join