It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN: No fighters in targeted school

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

UN: No fighters in targeted school

english.aljazeera.net

The head of the UN agency in Gaza running the school that was attacked by Israel forces has rejected claims that Hamas fighters were inside the converted shelter.

*snip*

John Ging, the director of operations in Gaza for the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (Unrwa), told reporters that he had visited the school during a three-hour lull in the fighting on Wednesday and "was reassured by the management of the school ... that there were no militants in the school".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
People please keep this in mind. If John Ging is indeed speaking the truth, Israel, despite having advanced targeting weaponry, is deliberately attacking targets that violate the geneva convention.

It's so sad that it has to come to this.

Ex.

Israel hits school because of "militants hiding"

Palestinians deny claim to hiding.

EVEN the UN denies it.

Wow, I didn't even expect the UN to be backing Palestinians?

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Israel attacks Gaza.

Lebanon attacks Israel.

Israel attacks Lebanon.

Egypt attacks Gaza and Lebanon.

Big bang, puff of smoke....

Sheet of glass.

US moves in and starts pumping oil.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bl0rg

the UN is denying it because they were "reassured" by the managers of the school. Im no zionist apologist, but did you REALLY expect them to admit it to the UN if they did have fighters there?

"of course Mr UN person, we had 15 Hamas fighters in the basement, how dare Isreal bomb us back-ps, please dont withdraw your UN support or funding for the school just because of this tiny mishap, we thought it was a book club meeting"

Im totally against whats happening but taking one sides word for something, then making that an offical UN standpoint is just stupid.
Please........

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

The supposed fighters Israel thought were in the UN School were actually witnessed by people from the building, and people in the adjacent area, as been on the other corner diagonally across an intersection for a brief moment, before continuing on to other areas.

They were never in the school. But they did travel nearby.

Israel wants the people of Gaza to suffer for voting Hamas into power. They essentially want to scare them out of ever voting against their will like that again.
That's not my supposition, that's actually what was said by members of the Israeli government.

It's terrorism, unfortunately.

Whereas, they should have focused on the root causes to Hamas being voted in. The people of Gaza needed some form of safety assurance to safeguard their homes. (Guess what from).
They turned to Hamas because Hamas promised to defend their lands... turns out they only wound up provoking Israel in the end. But the voters couldn't have known this would happen.

Israel could have won the people over very easily, so they wouldn't have turned to Hamas.
1 : Come to an agreement with the Gazans on land claims.
2 : Begin filtering people through the border, until the border is completely open for trade again.
3 : After 1 and 2 have finished and the small pockets of violence have subsided, they can work on ratifying Gaza as a sovereign entity, rather than a military property.

Unfortunately for the Gazans. Israel never intended on Gaza being free.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by expatwhite
reply to post by Bl0rg

the UN is denying it because they were "reassured" by the managers of the school. Im no zionist apologist, but did you REALLY expect them to admit it to the UN if they did have fighters there?

"of course Mr UN person, we had 15 Hamas fighters in the basement, how dare Isreal bomb us back-ps, please dont withdraw your UN support or funding for the school just because of this tiny mishap, we thought it was a book club meeting"

Im totally against whats happening but taking one sides word for something, then making that an offical UN standpoint is just stupid.
Please........

THAT ^^.... or maybe Israel deliberately targeted the shcool.

I don't know why some people can so easily believe that Hamas will attack civilians (which they have done) yet will pull out every string, every white lie, every feverish denial to claim that Israel would never consider such a thing...

You are talking about the same people who deliberately target and shoot schoolgirls with high powered rifles.

The same people who shoot aid trucks, kill their own troops with tanks, kill journalists and drop cluster bombs on citizens....

Or maybe, just maybe the people who deny such things are brainwashed by the media.

Sickening and yet somehow becoming part of the accepted norm.

Shame on you.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
And I don't know why people are so quick to defend Hamas (knowing that they use civilian areas to attack Israel) and say that Hamas wasn't in the building shooting at Israel. It works both ways.

You are talking about the same people who deliberately use civilian places to attack Israel.

The same people who shoot their own people, kill their own people, and torture their own citizens....

It could be that the people who deny such things are brainwashed by the media.

It is really sickening and yet somehow becoming part of the accepted norm.

Shame Shame Shame

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
And I don't know why people are so quick to defend Hamas (knowing that they use civilian areas to attack Israel) and say that Hamas wasn't in the building shooting at Israel. It works both ways.

You are talking about the same people who deliberately use civilian places to attack Israel.

The same people who shoot their own people, kill their own people, and torture their own citizens....

It could be that the people who deny such things are brainwashed by the media.

It is really sickening and yet somehow becoming part of the accepted norm.

Shame Shame Shame

Hmm, but doesn't Israel brag of such technology?

Surely if Hamas units were firing from the building then a decent rifle would be enough to take them out?

It would minimise civilian casualties, prove to the world that Israel is doing its very best at striking at only those who deserve it and also eliminating a threat to its own civilians....

Instead they bomb children.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I also applaud you on your lack of imagination and the use of my words to further your own heartless agenda.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

The same could be said about Hamas firing rockets into Israel. Surely they could go after the army rather than the civilians. Like I said, it works both ways. You condemn the same thing the other side is doing.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

Yeah, no kidding. I'm sure that Hamas' leadership would've told the UN that there were no fighters in that school, either. They should've just asked them. They would've gotten the same answer.

I'm not defending the Israelis, mind you, but pointing out the idiocy of the UN for believing this at face value. What the hell do they think the people being bombed are going to say? They're going to blame it ALL on the opposing side.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by vor78]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by mr-lizard

The same could be said about Hamas firing rockets into Israel. Surely they could go after the army rather than the civilians. Like I said, it works both ways. You condemn the same thing the other side is doing.

obviously you haven't read ANY of my posts. Your ignorance is astounding....

The killing of ANY innocent is an abhoration of all things decent. Yet you will happily support Israel's genocide whilst foolishly assuming my posts are on the same level as yours.

Sorry, the big difference between me and you is.... I don't support either side, yet with my own eyes i see Israel supporters (in their blind ignorance) casting aside the notion that Israel will willingly hurt innocents, yet demonising the Palestinians for the same thing.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
What a load of BS.
It's just like the Mosque that got bombed a few days...The Palestinians said their were no weapons there, yet you could clearly see all the ammunition detonating a split second after the bomb hit

[edit on 8-1-2009 by SKUNK2]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It is absolutely absurd to assume there will be no civilian casualties or to even expect it. As long as there is war there are going to be civilian casualties. Yes, it was a bombing of a school, which is not good in anyone's book, but it's better then the fire bombings before computers.

I don't know if there were militants in the school, but whom ever brought up the point that the UN would deny it, if in fact militants were in the school, is a very valid point. However, the fact remains that they hide and attack from civilian buildings meaning if Israel wishes to continue this skirmish, they will need to bomb buildings despite their civilian use.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neaux
It is absolutely absurd to assume there will be no civilian casualties or to even expect it.

There have been numerous wars that were won where there were civilian casualties.

But the problem with this war is that the civilian casualties are not occurring because of accident. They're occurring because the civilians are intentionally being targeted.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

Where does it say Israel is intentionally targeting innocent civilians? The militants are civilians and not part of a regular army so in that sense you are correct, but there is no proof they are intentionally targeting innocent civilians.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Where does it say they aren't targetting citizens? Cosidering that 50% of casualties are civilian, clearly collateral damage concerns them not.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

or a gas heater blowing up warming a room full of children.

no one knows because the IDF won`t let anyone in - and kills the UN when they try.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bl0rg

i beleive they want a pure race and the united states is gonna help them without knowing it... run,hide, and fight when its time my borthers

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neaux
[Where does it say Israel is intentionally targeting innocent civilians? The militants are civilians and not part of a regular army so in that sense you are correct, but there is no proof they are intentionally targeting innocent civilians.

Shhhhesh. Come on now for real :shk: How do you explain the civilian casulties?

If Israel has nothing to hide, why clamp down the media? Surely the publicity of the IDF going about its business in a manner consistent with basic human rights would crave the publicity.

[edit on 1/8/09 by FredT]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join