It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Al-Qaida No. 2 blames Obama for Gaza fight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

CAIRO, Egypt – Al-Qaida's No. 2 leader lashed out at President-elect Barack Obama in a new audio message Tuesday, accusing him of not doing anything to stop Israel's offensive in the Gaza Strip, according to an intelligence monitoring center.

The recording purportedly by Ayman al-Zawahiri was al-Qaida's first comments on the Gaza crisis since Israel launched its offensive against the Islamic militants of Hamas on Dec. 27.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well, for anyone who though maybe Al Qaida would let up once Obama got into office ... think again. They'll take any opportunity to blame any U.S. leader to continue terror attacks on the U.S.

That most likely means if Al Qaida is blaming Obama then so will Iran and so will leaders in Afghanistan. Look, we all [should] know that Iran has been training terrorists for years and supplying Hamas with money and equipment. You know Iran's leadership has to be sympathetic toward any organization against the U.S. and its allies. I wonder if any diplomacy with Ahdaminejhad (sp) or any Afghan leaders will be effective now.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by sos37]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I read about this on cnn www.cnn.com...

It just seems like there trying to give us a reason to hate gaza by saying the Al Qaida is on there side.

Al Qaida= CIA (they use Al Qaida in any way that helps there NWO plan)

[edit on 7-1-2009 by FightLies]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
WOW! I had not seen this anywhere else.

I am a Republican and I am no fan of Obama's but I don't think that anyone can blame Obama for the current situation in Gaza! Give the man a break, he hasn't taken office yet.

I think that the Zawahiri statement just shows that he has little understanding of the American political process. He probably does not realize that there is a transition period to allow the new guy to get his team together.

On the other hand he may be trying to play America's political divisions against us. If so, it's a very poor attempt.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Well, for anyone who though maybe Al Qaida would let up once Obama got into office ... think again. They'll take any opportunity to blame any U.S. leader to continue terror attacks on the U.S.

Absolutely. Also no fan of Obama, but for all those who wanted to elevate him to "president of the world", etc. and hoped he would somehow make all our enemies like us again, your hopes are dashed - even before Obama takes the oath of office.

new topics

top topics

join