It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone Volcano

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
In looking on the Internet for some Non-ATS reports on the Yellowstone developments I found some links that I thought might be of interest. They may already be posted elsewhere on the ATS. I just don't have a lot of time to search through all the threads. I am sure I am not alone. I hope these links might help others like myself with limited time! And also give a jumping off point for more outside news/science links. Many have comment sections and other links. Like I said, if I am repeating what someone else has posted I apologize.

ABC News

Finding Dulcinea - Science

US News & World Report

Yellowstone is getting ready to blow its cork (Earthmountview.com)

Yahoo News

Erruptions: A blog about Volcanoes with Dr. Erik W. Klemetti

What are the chances of a devastating super-volcano in Yellowstone? (guardian.co.uk)

These are just a few I have found and all are recent (either late 2008 or 2009). And like I said many have comment sections and other links to explore.

I thought if someone was interested in some Non-ATS research then some of these links might help. Like I said, if I am repeating items posted elsewhere I apologize. I just don't have a lot of time to dig through postings. Especially ones like the first post related to the Yellowstone story that goes on for 30+ pages. I could spend all day reading posts. Not to say that wouldn't like to. I find the posts and opinions very interesting. ATS is truly one of the most unique and fascinating sites on the Internet. I've always enjoyed "alternate - non-mainstream" thought and ATS is the most professional (and accepting) site with so much great information available. I really applaud the creators, moderators, members/contributors. Every evening after I check email the next place I go is ATS. It has become part of my daily computer routine!

As far as MY opinion on this entire matter with Yellowstone, ACTUALLY, I don't think anyone REALLY knows for sure what the heck is TRULY happening or going to happen. Especially in the case of THIS SPECIFIC VOLCANO. Being that it has never BEEN SEEN and RECORDED when it did erupt. And no on knows what the TRUE warning signs are. Who knows maybe NO earthquakes are a worse sign than CLUSTERS?!?!? Maybe an elf pops up and says "GET READY FOR LAVA!" EVERYONE loves to speculate. It is human nature. And IF something as bad as an eruption of Yellowstone was going to happen it would probably be handled in the way that a deadly meteor heading toward the earth would be handled (by the government that is). WE WOULDN'T KNOW UNTIL THE METEOR HIT AND 99% OF US WERE DEAD. In the case of a "SUPERVOLCANO" we'd figure out it was bad once the sky turned black and the sun never came out again sending us in to and ice age. Supposedly not telling us prevents "MASS HYSTERIA." Like the whole alien thing. I suppose it is just interesting to speculate on what might be. All we can really do is speculate and prepare for the things that CAN BE prepared for. In general it is just best to live each day the best way we can. We're all gonna die - either from old age, a heart attack, a car wreck, a super-volcano, giant meteor, or choking on a piece of meat that wasn't chewed well enough. Or at least that is the way I see it.

Anyway, HAPPY SPECULATION... :flame

[edit on 06/06/1974 by aliceinwonderland74]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Here's a thread already started specifically for links and data related to Yellowstone. Quite a few good ones added so far.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

[edit on 7-1-2009 by lernmore]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Very interesting links, I only recently looked into the "Super Volcano" thing. Wish I could give you 100 stars for your last paragraph summing up your opinion. We know through geology that cataclysms do occur periodically. Dwelling on our individual mortality is intense enough, the thought of human extinction takes it to another level.

new topics

join