It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China vs. The USA: An eye opener

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Well it’s not like we need to be adversaries with China just if we are to live together we need to make room at the worlds table.

China and the US could be a great combination for world peace.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm glad for China in their quest in becoming a world super power but I would have more respect for them if they had gotten to where they are without relying on stolen secrets from the West. We have both Clinton and Bush to thank for this.
Yeah, sure they are masters of the copy cat game but when was the last time China invented or discovered anything on their own?
It may have been when they discovered gun powder.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I'm glad for China in their quest in becoming a world super power but I would have more respect for them if they had gotten to where they are without relying on stolen secrets from the West. We have both Clinton and Bush to thank for this.
Yeah, sure they are masters of the copy cat game but when was the last time China invented or discovered anything on their own?
It may have been when they discovered gun powder.

don't underestimate a nation of over 1 billion people. within the next decade china (and india too) will move from "made in china/india" to "designed/engineered AND made in china/india". if we don't stop thinking of the west as the only way civilization can exist we'll be left in the dust by asia. and if we don't learn to accept them and work together then we'll have a big bad enemy. just imagine... when was the last time you've seen a pair of boots made in the US. or clothes. or the replacement parts in your car that you buy from autozone and other DIY shops? then imagine they suddenly say ok we're sick of the US, we'll take our business elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

You proved my point because everything you buy now says "Hecho en China".
You forget that all these things were invented by other, non-Chinese, folks.

They are masters of forgery.
If you come up with a new idea and decide to manufacture your tools and machinery to mass produce your new idea, you can bet they will duplicate your tools and machinery to beat you at your own game.

What then?
Maybe that's what has contributed to this economic crisis to some degree.

Speaking of the economy, since banks loaned money to irresponsible people that were never going to be able to repay, maybe China has done the same by loaning Trillions to the US.

What happens to China when the US is not able to repay?

Maybe, because of this very fact, China will think twice before pissing off the US, that is if they ever want to get paid.

Maybe the US may have more of an upper hand than this thread is trying to lead you to believe.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gs001
Maybe you should get pictures from here

Hmmm. Looking at those pictures, I almost want to visit Harbin again. Thought that would never happen.

Must be some kind of secret Chinese mind control technique....

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I like how you left out pictures of rural Western China.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
I like how you left out pictures of rural Western China.

now there is a good idea thanks I'll see what I can find

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

They are masters of forgery.
If you come up with a new idea and decide to manufacture your tools and machinery to mass produce your new idea, you can bet they will duplicate your tools and machinery to beat you at your own game.

Maybe the US may have more of an upper hand than this thread is trying to lead you to believe.

Well first off many US, Japanese and EU companies have gone to China for cheap labor and in that situation the Chinese have been able to copy certain technologies that they can then turn around and apply towards their military. That is a fact.

So in all fairness we Americans are just giving them the technology.

And making them rich by doing business with them so they can turn around and build shiny new buildings where there was nothing before.

That’s why their cities look so nice most are less than 10 years old not like here in the west where we have cities that are fairly old and need upkeep and a good portion of Europe’s cities are also nice and new remember how bombed out they were after WWII

Japan has some nice shiny new cities; we all know why lest we forget how badly off they were after WWII.

If I gave you the impression that I think China will rule the world then you are far off but I will quote A fairly famous Chinese

Sun Tzu said:

Never under estimate or over estimate your opponent.
consider him an equal
If he is an equal then you can defeat him.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The chinese are no real threat to the USA's military power.

First off, the chinese are about 30-40 years behind the US in military technology. They cant match our 30+ yr old equipment like stealth and that was developed in the 1970's.

The chinese ballistic missiles are woefully outdated. They have been working feverishly to steal our secrets to catch up for a reason....Theyre behind us.

The USA has technology developed in secret far beyond anything China or any other nation has.

Second, the US budget blows away every nation on the earth. The USA spend more on the military than all other nations on the planet COMBINED. Its not even close. We spend 10 times more than China does.

Simply put, China with its miniscule military budget and outdated technology would be little match for the far superior US forces. Yes China has more soldiers then the US does but its not like the US tank divisions would go head to head with a chinese division to begin any conflict. At least not until the USA bombed them back into the stone age.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Moving to china?
I must have seen a different china than you saw a year ago.
We were there before the olympics and it was like tijuana with skyscrapers.
Getting out to the countryside without the CCP goons ghosting us was near impossible.
When we did get out to the toolies, it was like stepping into some bizzaro time machine.

The land and scenery is breathtaking in some areas.
But the living conditions are barely on par with the most rustic oakies in the Tennesse
River valley. Chinese hillbillies as it were! The people were very kind and friendly.
Though we couldn't make out much of what they said, it was for the better.
We knew the CCP suits had found us when everyone clammed up and quit
making eye contact with us. Needless to say, if you go on vacation to China,
it's best not to stray from the govt approved vacation package.

As for a China fully capable of meeting the US head on I'm not that worried.
Any nation that has to dedicate the majority of it's military to domestic pacification
is decades away from ever being a viable threat to any one other than themselves.

Tactical hits on their military and govt infrastructure would decouple Bejing
from being able to control much beyond it's city limits; the nation would tear itself
apart in weeks if not days. A similar strike on similar US installations would not
produce the similar result. It would be on like Donkey Kong.

Last but not least, the substandard engineering throughout the country has people
living in death traps as the recent earthquakes give testimony to.
The contaminated milk, baby food, toothpaste, breads, and other foodstuffs
has left many resentful towards the cent govt, as well as dead-many infants.

It remains to be seen if the Three Gorges Dam can withstand a
major earthquake when it is at capacity.
I wouldn't want to live down stream of a chinese built dam(especially that one),
How about you?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

Read it again, he didn't say they were backwards, he said many may have "considered" China a "backwards" society. Under Mao and his group, China was a very zenophobic and secluded country. It was until recently that the Chinese decided to lose the Mao driven pre-planned economy and try their version of capitalism. It is apparently working for them, but it is a very unlevel playing field. Anyone interested should read "The China Threat" by Bill Gertz. It is not a China bashing book by any means, but rather a look at our own government, namely the Clinton/Gore administration, and their attempts to "Cash-in" on the opening of Chinese markets. Made me sick.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Many great posts here.
China going to war with anyone would put a major strain on the military because it would be extremely diificult to keep their soldiers well fed.

Think about it, it's not easy feeding one billion troops.
This feat alone would be a major undertaking with people working 24-7 because we all know eating Chinese food means you're good for 30 minutes until you get hungry again.

Considering all the poisoned goods coming out of China lately, it's safe to assume their military rations alone would probably be enough to kill their own troops.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Now thats an interesting take on it!

But the Chinese should be kept an eye on. I dont see any threat for the time being but later?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

I think that it is too late. China was a country where saving was important to the people. We all know how vast the population of China is and with all the Chinese people being such keen savers China found itself with a surplus of money just sitting in the banks doing nothing. So the Chinese PTB decided to invest in America. They bought our debt knowing full well that we would never be able to pay it back. Now the question is...What they did they use for collateral? Russia already has dibs on Alaska. What does China get?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
nice thread!

china is a threat...the lead and other poisons but our leaders aint worried. they dont care as long as they are safe they feed us poisons themselfs

-peace

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by new world disorder
nice thread!

china is a threat...the lead and other poisons but our leaders aint worried. they dont care as long as they are safe they feed us poisons themselfs

-peace

You know I was just thinking about just how much pollution they are really pumping out the US pollutes mostly by automobiles not too much manufacturing going on anymore here.

The Chinese on the other hand have lots of factories going without regulations and they are buying more and more automobiles.

Another thing to keep an eye one aye?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Think about it, it's not easy feeding one billion troops.
This feat alone would be a major undertaking with people working 24-7 because we all know eating Chinese food means you're good for 30 minutes until you get hungry again.

Considering all the poisoned goods coming out of China lately, it's safe to assume their military rations alone would probably be enough to kill their own troops.

LOL. What a crock of s***

Firstly, where did you get one billion troops from. There are not one billion active troops on this planet, let alone China! China would have no more than 5 million active or reserve personnel. After that, like any country, they would rely heavily on brainwashing several more million to fight in yet another meaningless war.

Secondly, Chinese food is typically high in calories and usually carbohydrates and therefore would be ideal for keeping a person going for a good period of the day. Which is more I can say for pre-packaged crap that American (and generally Western) troops are fed by profiteering organisations. There is a pretty good thread (as I can recall) on ATS about the profiteering organisations that feed off it's nation's wars (excuse the pun). I will try and dig it up.

As for the final statement, I am not even going to entertain that - that's just nonsense!!

Here it is:

source

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
i lived in china for years, and im moving out there permanently soon, imo its a much better place with better people and a far more superior social stucture and civilization than america, and in 50 years when they are the main world power the world will reap the benifits, unlike it has with its current dominating force,***snip***

face it, everything your told about china is propoganda. america and the uk are the worst in the world for pointing out eveyone elses flaws, stand back and compare the two and youll be surprised what youll see

Yeah...I think I would have remained Anonymous with a snivvelous, BS post like that too...

Let me know how that whole China:World Power thing works out for ya!

How come "WE" have so many Chinese immigrants if they wouldn't live here if paid? Interesting wouldn't you say?...Oh yeah, it's America. Proper noun. I normally don't jump on this type of grammatical error, but you have touched me so deeply I figured I would allow you to fix the problem...

Yeah I said it! By the way, how are the stolen...I mean falsely won Gold medals doing? Oh yeah, and the price of tea in China still doesn't matter to me...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
i lived in china for years, and im moving out there permanently soon, imo its a much better place with better people and a far more superior social stucture and civilization than america, and in 50 years when they are the main world power the world will reap the benifits, unlike it has with its current dominating force,
everyone i know know in china is happy and wouldnt move here if you paid them, they are well aware they might make a thousand pounds a month but are equally aware of the fact that doesnt last very long here, my fiancee just laughed at me when i asked her to live in the uk with me while im working here for a short time,
right now the opportunities for individuals to make money are fantastic, if you ask them what they would change in their lives all theyd say is the same as you or i, theyd like a bit of a pay rise, but in a culture so family and socially orientated its not the be all and end all
over there my daily life is interesting, educational, every day is different and ive learned more there than i ever have here.

face it, everything your told about china is propoganda. america and the uk are the worst in the world for pointing out eveyone elses flaws, stand back and compare the two and youll be surprised what youll see

I can concur with everything you've said. My wife is Chinese and came here UK to get a second Masters degree. Her experience is that our education system that she paid £15k is a joke and she thinks that compared to her Beijing we live in a backward country (if you compare our Best with theirs - Yes, she knows that their rural life is very slow and they have poverty). She laughs at our ignorant western view of China and the obvious propaganda like they are controlled and censored. She thinks this is hysterical and thinks (like me) that we are the controlled ones. She has see how we are financially strangled here and our laws are only to keep us in misery. Oh to get out of this horrible controlled country with its - chav thug mentality!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
When China can feed its populous, military or not...that's when I'll start getting concerned. I don't want to see China as an enemy and I'm not falling in to that "China vs. America" crap. The only thing I'll say about it is if America stopped exporting food, almost half the worlds population would die of starvation. They aren't going to make landfall in America for a good long time if that was even their goal. We could hold them (like any other country who would want to try) out of the country indefinitely. When they can produce more rice than we can corn, I'll change my evaluation. Till then, good on them. I hope they take some of that new found wealth to help the poverty situation in western China. Those folks got it bad out there.

P.S. If SHTF, the Odyssey, Daedalus, Apollo, and George S. Hammond could just bombard them from orbit.
Gotta love the Asgard plasma beams!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join