It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If George Bush is running for office again, would you vote for him?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well despite the fact W is absolutely hilarious any time he opens his mouth, I am not sure if i would vote for him.

I would have to smoke a ***** with him first, and after I talk to him when we are both *elevated*, Then I would make my decision.

well actually, id vote for any politician that smoked a ***** with me hehe

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

If you still feel the same afterwards then you are entitled to your
opinion, that I was in the military to defend.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

Now thats some True American Spirit right there buddy

Id definately vote for YOU. For sure.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

You're under the impression that things couldn't possibly be worse than what they are now. On the bright side, there haven't been any attacks on US soil in 7yrs.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
DIVIDE AND CONQUER

The mainstream media does a fine job, esp. every four years, at convincing the reality-show-addicted masses [as if anything on television is actually "real"] that THEY are over there and YOU are over here, with US, on Fox/MSNBC/et al., and the subhumans that make up the OTHER side are [take your pick]:

evil
godless
lazy
un-American
baby-killers
illiterate
old
white
young
black
stupid
elitist
etc.

And to those of you who can't help but to broadly and clearly INSULT a fellow American who has the audacity to voice the opinion that he/she would vote for G.W. Bush again, I hope you can take a distinct pride in the FACT that you're doing EXACTLY what you've been programmed to do.

This is not a defense of Bush. Believe me, I'm not the man for that job. However, I am here to defend the right of all of us to voice our opinion, however unpopular, without having to weather these petty and hateful insults. Some of you seem to operate on the EMOTIONAL level of a 7th grader when it comes to topics like this.

Yeah, Bush had some terribly unpopular and misguided years as president. Surely, you don't think he was SOOO smart and powerful as to have come to these decisions himself, do you?

Remember, ALL of these guys are BOUGHT & PAID FOR. If you think your guy [or gal] is any "better" than the other, then you have a regrettably narrow view of your world. There's a couple of old sayings I'd suggest you keep in mind as you watch our world swirl away these next couple few years.

First, "follow the money."

Second, "who benefits?"

Humanity has this unfortunate tendency to project his/her wants/desires/hopes onto public figures. Someone watches a movie with Bruce Willis and says "I like that guy." Of course, they've never met Bruce Willis, but maybe he reminds them of their gym teacher in HS whom they had a latent crush on. Or maybe they sub-consciously envy him because he used to do Demi Moore. Whatever. And now, they "like that guy."

The extent to which Pres.-Elect Obama benefited from this very human tendency has been historic. After all, his public record was pretty sparse. And, America, he's of African descent...with a middle name of Hussein! Do you remember how much those things scare many ignorant Americans? Yet, HE WON. By a wide margin.

How did that happen? Is it because the same America which has been successfully fractioned into so many seemingly disparate pieces somehow mystically conjured up its better self, turning the page on a history of divisiveness, and fairy and squarely elected this man to be our president...with NO manipulation through the news media, entertainment industry, etc.?

In other words, is everything on the "up and up?" Some of your feelings will be hurt here because you've chosen to take any probing questions about our president-to-be as a personal attack [which is truly unfortunate, because when it all boils down to it, I love each and every one of you...ALL of you]. Ironic, because you're using the same flawed logic that hawks on the right used when they labeled those of us who questioned the wars and the official 9/11 story as treasonous.

Some of you may even try to tell me or yourself or any who care to listen that I'm a racist! Which, if you knew anything about me, personally, would really be worth an

I hope some of you get my point. Our politicians are not our politicians. They belong to someone else. It is NOT constitutional. If you support Bush or Obama or Paul or Ringo or whomever, that's your right. I may not agree, but I will not call you names in the name of the "other" guy. "If you voted for Bush, you're a moran! Obama rules!" Same Kool-Aid, different color.

Finally, for the angriest of you out there. Ask yourself why you get so upset about this stuff. Because someone dared insult "your" guy/gal? Or because someone had the nerve to voice their support for the "other" guy/gal? No. That's not really what it is that's got you so upset.

What it is is that your intuition [i.e. your gut, your instinct, your first mind, your heart] has been telling you for years and years that something is fundamentally WRONG with "our" system, not only in the US, but in this entire globalized society. Meanwhile, your mind/brain/ego/identity is doing what it does best: believing whatever it wants to believe in any given moment in order to continue behaving however you behave. That is at the core of the human mind. It's something we all have to deal with.

Nothing personal.

So, in the name of decency, act like grown folk, not a bunch of sissies who got their feelings hurt. Please.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

Originally posted by Cio88
I would vote for Bush again.

John Kerry would have handled the 911 situation a lot worse.

I would also like to add that those who don't support Bush, are obviously sheep who don't do any research .. but repeat everything from CNN or the MSM.

Hate me ... I say what others won't.

All I can say is do you and all you know a favor and go to
google video and search for "press for truth" and watch it.

If you still feel the same afterwards then you are entitled to your
opinion, that I was in the military to defend.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

You're entitled to your opinion, but you may want to go a bit further than Google, in your quest for "truth."

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

There's no comparison between the likes of Hitler/Bin Laden, and Bush. That's a pretty bleak understanding of history.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
The only people who would vote for George Bush a third time, are those who are completely devoid of common sense, intelligence and a moral compass.

This is exactly the kind of crap I was referring to.

And the "best" part is your signature:

"KIND WORDS CAN BE SHORT AND EASY TO SPEAK, BUT THEIR ECHOS ARE TRULY ENDLESS". Mother Teresa

Have you ever considered yourself hypocritical? And why do you have Mother Teresa, God rest her soul, SHOUTING?

Just as kind words truly do resonate and influence the world around us, so do thoughtless insults and heartless contradictions.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
reply to post by verylowfrequency

There's no comparison between the likes of Hitler/Bin Laden, and Bush. That's a pretty bleak understanding of history.

"Bleak"? Whatever you actually mean by that, if you're suggesting that it's unfair to compare Bush to Bin Laden and Hitler, then I disagree.

All three men serve the same master[s]. They're all pawns in the game. Their methodology was different, we're taught. What we're not taught--at least not in schools, on tv [it's absurd that television is actually considered a source of educational inforation, but it is]--is why these men were doing what they are alleged to have done? And, for that matter, how did they get to their respective positions of power?

The vast majority of humanity cannot bear to face the truth about all this. Instead, pass me a Diet Pepsi and hand me the gee-dang remote! Are you wiser than a fifth-grader?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
My votes are now going to the Constitution Party.
Unless they do something really screwy like all the others.
Then I guess I'd just be staying home.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Cio88

How could anyone do worse than continuing to sit and read "My Pet Goat" for 7 minutes while we were under attack!! 7 minutes is a long time...a long time...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by the_black_project

That's really hard to say. Personally, it depends on who he is running against. And would Cheney still be his VP candidate?

Assuming for the sake of argument that this imaginary election was Bush/Cheney vs. Obama/Biden, then I would not hesitate one bit to vote for Bush/Cheney once again. I voted for them in 2000 and 2004, and I don't care what anyone says, they were the better choice in both cases. I do not regret my decision one bit, even if it makes me the most bashed and unpopular ATS member here! I genuinely believe that this country would be in even worse shape than we are now if we were living under a President Gore (God that makes me feel sick just typing it!) or a President Kerry.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
g-dubs runs for president again, would i vote for him?
i dont know is there a gun to my head?
actually even with a gun to my head shoot me.
id rather be dead then have him run this country for another 4 years.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I am suprised the Mods have let some people attack those who would say that they would vote for Bush a third time. I thought that kind of behavior was grounds for post deletion and a warning?

I guess the rules only apply to Bush supporters.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by jd140]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
Reread the entire thread, sweetheart; I never said that you did call me a "conservative."

You're a grown man and you're calling another one sweetheart?

Yeah, you do now, because somebody was kind enough to provide a link with that information.

Actually, no. I learned about it when people started saying it 12 months ago like I told you. You're about a year late with the Kool Aid joke buddy if you are looking for originality.

In fact, here, check this out:

ATS Search of Drinking the kool aid

I think you'll find that you are far from the first to say. In fact, people have been saying "drinking the Obama kool aid" far too much on this board, which is why I asked you to stop to begin with. It's annoying.

Your obvious disdain for "conservatives", whomever you assume and stereotype them to be, reveals what such thinking, and more importantly, FEELING is actually all about.

You remind me of another person on this board who likes to pretend like he knows who I am. I don't have a disdain for all conservatives, but it was conservatives who coined the phrase, "Drinking the Obama Kool Aid".

How it is that you are making such a huge deal out of this, I'll never understand. You are a grown ass man that calls other men sweethearts, and cries when people kindly ask you not to say something that offends them.

[edit on 1/7/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
People can criticize me for voting for Bush again all they want.

It is their right just as so much it is my right to vote anyway I please.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
how did we all get in to "Kool Aid" in the first place?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
All hail George Bush.

The only President with a "set". He is the greatest president of our time.

Actually, he should be elected KING.....man would that give some folks a heart attack.....!!!!!!!

Keep the hate comming ATS...This is some funny stuf....

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_black_project

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
reply to post by the_black_project

It's a play on "drinking the Obama kool-aid". It's a stupid thing conservatives say to make it seem like anyone who voted for Obama is just some dumb person following blindly.

[edit on 1/7/2009 by Irish M1ck]

Oh, Ok, Just asked cause Im still catching up!

[edit on 7-1-2009 by the_black_project]

can't forget it stemmed from Jim Jones (mass suicide....his followers all drank kool-aid X.X)

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_black_project
This is a simple question that yields a variety of answers. Whether you love him or hate him, or somewhere in between, you always wonder what someone else would do. So, well, would you? If he was eligible, and running, would you vote for him?

Absolutely, positively, 100%, not in a million years.

Obviously he can't run for a 3rd term but even if he could, I would vote for Donald Duck before I'd vote for Bush.

So what am I saying?

I would never, ever, ever, ever, in a million years, absolutely never vote for him.

So, NO

Hope this helps

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
Yes

A simple answer to a simple question. I think I will probably be the only vote for him though.

While your reply is the first, I see others followed suit with a yes vote so you wouldn't be the only one to vote for him.

Even if no one else was to reply with a yes, there would be a second vote, that vote being mine.

While he's not as hard-nosed as I'd like him to be, his style of leadership is what this country needs despite what the people say about him.
why do I like him? Well, he's not there for popularity or glory, like the incoming president seeks and the former president sought and he's not there to make friends.

His attitude is, "We're Americans and no one's going to **** with us and we'll bow down to no one. If you don't like it then you can kiss OUR ***."

That's the kind of leadership this country needs, not appeasement to the enemy which I believe the incoming administration's going to bring.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join