It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Puzzled By Strange Lights Over NJ Towns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Police Puzzled By Strange Lights Over NJ Towns

wcbstv.com

Strange, red, blinking lights could be seen across Morris County on Monday night, and officials thought they had figured out what caused them....

"It looks like flares attached to balloons," said a caller.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I tend to think this was just another hoax. Seems to be a lot of these types of sightings lately.

"The FAA tells CBS 2 news, with the exception of laser lights and weather balloons, there is no regulation on releasing balloons or lights into the sky."

Even though this is happening a lot, I hope some crackpot politician doesn't try to regulate baloons being released in the sky. Silly I know, watch someone try.

wcbstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I saw these lights last night at around 9 PM from my house in Hanover NJ. In my opinion, it's not very likely that what I saw were flares attached to balloons considering the wind (i can only estimate but id say probably 15-20 mph) and their stable configuration. The video i saw on the news is definitely legit - it was three red lights forming a triangle along side two additional lights, all of which were fading in and out. It was a really bizzare sight, never seen anything like it. Be interested to hear from anyone else who saw this from what i hear there were reports across north jersey as well as some in NY.

new topics

join