It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestine Unarmed Girl Stands Up Against israeli Army[Video]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dutty_Rag

You want to live in a neighborhood were the gangs strap bombs to ladies pretending to be pregnant?..... uh no... i would move. What about a place were gangs publicly execute girls that dont conform to the dress codes?

cite one piece of evidence that this has happened in Gaza? Especially the latter.

Iraq maybe - but not Gaza as yet my friend.

Oh I see where your coming from - all 'camel jockeys look the same I suppose???

Please be aware of the differences between the nations of the world before replying to a post with muddled facts.

There are many heres one Hamas enacts sharia law... hand amputaion... lashes.. mutilation.. execution.

They are hiding behind the population... they are using their religion to blind those poor ignorant people.

YOU SHOULD MOVE that place is full of evil and conflict... but they dont. because their wonderfull god loves them and wants them to die... nd they are more than happy to die.. so why do they complain?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day

Originally posted by Monger

Originally posted by die_another_day

If you had even bothered to read the OP before posting your knee-jerk reaction, you'd realize they aren't even firing real rounds, they're shooting rubber bullets, a 'less than lethal' alternative.

But hey - don't let the facts get in the way.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Monger]

you wanna get shot by a rubber bullet?

Not to mention at point blank rubber bullets kill hence the reason for bean bag bullets.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Those same sensationalist reports were all over fox about a year ago - there was no hard evidence at all.

Hamas have never declared that Sharia law is enforced in Gaza - it's not even a strictly Muslim place. Turn on your TV - I don't see many people conforming to Sharia law - not so many beards, not so many women in Hajab... I guess Hamas are too busy to execute them?

I've been to Gaza before and despite having little food and medicine, and a really messed up economy (no worries the US is catching up) - it's actually a really modern place and most people there have really modern attitudes to 'traditions' and Islam in general. Gaza is nothing like the Iraq we have seen all over our TV's. It irritates me when people are so stupid to think all Muslims and Muslim countries are the same.

And also, although there are passages in the Koran that state a woman should cover her head - this isn't actually one of the tenants of Sharia law as practised in many Muslim nations. In places like Saudi Arabia it is part of their civil law, it's not Sharia law, and they do not execute/lash women for it - they simply make them wear it.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
What this video also shows, unlike what some members have claimed in the past, is that the IDF isn't some bloodthirsty military that shoots and kills for the fun of it. Otherwise the woman would be dead.

Kudos to the woman for doing what she felt was right. Kudos to the soldiers for acting in a professional manner.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It will all be over soon. I read today that Israel received a shipment of top secret TR3B nuclear powered aircraft in July and some 40 neutron bombs that make regular nukes and atomic bombs ancient technology. My browser froze and I lost the page for this news.

Russian kids are posting Russian military videos on youtube with anti american messages now. A sad commentary on the condition of the hate crowd's hearts.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

So you are saying that if your country calls in desperate times of need, say invasion from another country, your 5 sons won't defend your home?

Kudos to the woman who did that, kind of like the protester in Tienanmen Square, will she share the same fate as he? Never being seen ever again?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Omg, I can tell that everyone that replied to this similar to yourself has never been in a situation where your defending others rights. I have spent my time in many countries where the women carry bombs just like the kids carry bombs. You never know who is going to blow you or your buddy. This girl is obviously staged for the camera. How many times do you think Hamas a dressed a woman up to carry out a bombing... many. In fact there is the pregnant woman look they like to use to get bombs past guarded points of entry. I dont understand why you guys are so narrowminded and cannot see the whole picture. This is another stunt just like all the leaked videos of new carnage in gaza that turns out to be years old or a death and carnage scene not caused by Israel but by one of Hamas's bombs going off in a classsroom that was hijacked to be a safehouse for thier rocket power gernades. Why does hamas use schoolhouses and hotels, and resteraunts to house there arsenal... aww cause the know Israel wont bomb there, but there first place suicide bombers go to is the hotels, etc. Wake up put down the kool aid. If Palestine signs a cease fire agreement and becomes its own state and everyone lives happily ever after then Iran, and Hamas would have nothing to live for, there whole reason for being would be gone.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutty_Rag

Its only beacuse they need their support right now... as sooon as tehir attention is no longer distracted... dont you think they would turn on their own population enforcing allahs laws again?

I mean they say it needs to be enforeced to get their virgins in heaven ... so dont you think all these horny ignorant men wont fall in line and start beating their wives into shape.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The girl is NOT brave; because she knows that Israeli soldiers will not shot at her because they don’t shot unless they are getting stones thrown at them (by the way they were plastic bullets). The Fact is that the only army in the world you could have gotten away with something like that is the Israeli Army.

I want to see how brave the girl would be if she was standing in front of a HAMAS or Hezbollah guy holding an M16. She would be raped and shot on the spot…

This video shows how human the Israeli soldiers are that in the middle of a Mob throwing large stones at them, the two soldiers still keep calm and focused and let a girl stand and say what she has to say…

Again people use common sense and tell me how TWO soldiers from any army around the world would act if a girl were standing while they have stones thrown at them by dozens of angry people.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The girl in the video is jewish. This is why she's not being beaten.

There are many who feel as she does, but the powers that be pay them no heed. Israeli leaders are determined to push the Palestinians out and take their land. Period. That is the plan. If genocide has to happen then they will do that. They simply have to make it appear to the world as if they are defending themselves.

That's the plan. They do not want peace. They want extermination.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by crookedj0k3r
reply to post by mystiq

So you are saying that if your country calls in desperate times of need, say invasion from another country, your 5 sons won't defend your home?

Kudos to the woman who did that, kind of like the protester in Tienanmen Square, will she share the same fate as he? Never being seen ever again?

They would not be fighting unless it was to defend their family or neighbors directly. All military situations are the games of 50 bloodline old men, and there isn't a chance I intend to send my children to fight someone elses children on behalf of the renegade overlords. But, if and when the majority decide to kick all the bloodlines out and set up true grassroots proportional democracies, then the situation will be reassessed. Thats worth fighting for, or a non-yielding,non-resistance till every last one of the overlords walks away.

I don't believe in war. If some madman sends nuclear missiles, which target civilians, it is illegal to send them back. You are not legally allowed to target civilians. I would never retaliate against women, children, the handicapped, the aged. But, if there was a way to rid the planet of those renegades, I'd like to see it done. That is 13 bloodlines and most of the leaders and all the shadow cartel rounded up and dealt with.
[edit on 6-1-2009 by mystiq]

[edit on 6-1-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Im sorry. I know alot of you have already commented on the fool but i just had too also. Your a piece of trash, its that kind of mentality that pours this would deeper and deeper into barbarianism. What kind of coward would kill an inocent woman useing words. Your lack of intelligence leads you to the conclusion that the only way would be to kill her. Your attitude makes my blood boil and my heart skip. May god be with you.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alienj

I understand where your coming from. Though I have not served, nor been "in country", I was very close to serving with the U.S. Army, tested and everything but my soon-to-be fiancee and mother changed my mind.

That woman was extremely brave. Even though she knew that she wasn't going to be harmed for not "packin rock," those soldiers could have pursued in an engagement with her because she was grabbing that soldier! If you were in his boots and some civilian was grabbing you, would you not hesitate to lay her down before she relieves your weapon from your hands and lays you down?

And though they may be rubber bullets for riot control, it only takes one lucky shot in a lucky area and you could have not only a media frenzy of an accidental shooting at a peaceful protest, but international intervention from Arab nations. Heard of the Boston Massacre? Not saying they used rubber muskets or anything but the meaning is still there.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by crookedj0k3r]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I can't believe people are still using the "they're just rubber bullets" argument. I thought that nonsense had passed, but apparently many of you are still in need of a lesson on the lethality of rubber bullets. A quick search of Google Images will do quite well to serve the point, but here are a few excerpts from a New Scientist article:

www.newscientist.com...

Rubber bullets are not safe for use in controlling crowds, concludes a new Israeli medical report - and some of the bullets are much worse than others.

The report catalogues a frightening list of rubber-bullet injuries of 152 people brought to hospital after Israeli Arab riots in October 2000. That includes everything from bruising to blindness and three deaths - one from a hit to the sinuses, one from a strike to the eye that caused brain damage, and a third from complications during knee surgery.

Another type of bullet used to control crowds during the riots, the MA/RA 88, caused mild to moderate injuries.

Since even these bullets caused injuries requiring a trip to the hospital, Krausz does not consider them safe. "New types of ammunition with higher accuracy and less force of impact are urgently needed for control of civil demonstrations," he says.

Rubber and plastic bullets have been controversial ever since their first use in Northern Ireland in the 1970s. Police in the province switched to plastic bullets in 1975, and to a new model last June, in an attempt to find the safest ammunition. The new bullets fly straighter and are more accurate, but also cause more serious damage if they do hit the head or neck.

"They've killed 17 people, including nine schoolchildren," says Clara Reilly, of the United Campaign Against Plastic Bullets in Belfast. "Hundreds have been injured, including paralysis, brain damage, loss of both eyes - the list is endless."

But really, they're just rubber bullets.

Edit to add source.

[edit on 6/1/09 by paperplanes]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
An unreal and amazing video.

Much guts for that girl to do such a thing. I bet you once the camera turned off, she got mowed down with bullets.

Ah well, so be it

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
It's gotta be Computer Generated.
Nobody is that stupid.

Obviously some people are. Clearly that girl is as dumb as a pile of bricks. This is like the Middle Eastern version of, what's the name of the show where some homeless guys doing stupid stuff hurting themsleves for a few dollars?

What she's doing is nothing different than playing chicken with a train.

Oh well, keep doing it, stupid Palestinian girl, one day you'll get that bullet that you longed from those brave Israelis.

Dumb people like her shouldn't be allowed to breed.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by SkepticalSpectacle]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Unsubstantiated, but...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticalSpectacle
Clearly that girl is as dumb as a pile of bricks. This is like the Middle Eastern version of, what's the name of the show where some homeless guys doing stupid stuff hurting themsleves for a few dollars?

What she's doing is nothing different than playing chicken with a train.

Oh well, keep doing it, stupid Palestinian girl, one day you'll get that bullet that you wanted from those soldiers.

Do you really believe that standing up for a cause you believe to be worth your life is tantamount to "doing stupid stuff hurting [yourself] for a few dollars"? Her choice was certainly foolish when perceived from the myopic viewpoint of you and your ilk, when survival is the prime factor; for those who understand the weight and significance of a sincere moral stance, as was the motivation here, it is not a "stupid" action at all.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dracula23
This video shows how human the Israeli soldiers are that in the middle of a Mob throwing large stones at them, the two soldiers still keep calm and focused and let a girl stand and say what she has to say…

Oh come on.. that is the illusion the video camera provides in this case, if there had been no camera and the girl brave enough to attempt this without a witness the results for her would have been quite different.

You are talking about the Israeli military, among the most lethal human killers on the planet, the same military that will not think twice about bombing a school because they believe that two top militants were inside. And apparently fired on Israelis... Look at the history of conflicts between Israeli and Palestinians and read up on the brutal use of force the Israeli military has consistently unleashed. History will show that in many cases Israeli soldiers shoot first and ask questions later.

If you are among Palestinians in a time of conflict, and you approach Israeli soldiers, you had better hope there are video cameras recording the event and plenty of witnesses... Otherwise you will likely die a very quick death.

The camera in this case is the true hero!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join