It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so glad that I posted Jesus is definititely coming back soon!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Whats up with all those "Jesus" threads?!

Now I dont want to put your believes in question, but Jesus was "just" a spiritualmaster, he wont come back to life to safe humanity from its sins, but someoneelse will stand up and teach people a lesson.... who will it be?! maybe your neighbour?! maybe YOU?!
Lets not wait for the big "saviour", and live life as good and as giving as possible, then you will be too a son of god.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Both Muslims and Christians have been waiting for Jesus to come back to fight the anti-Christ. But how do you know you haven’t come across him lately. In your comfortable life as you keep yourself busy with your daily concerns, how many times have you walked passed a down and out with little or no concern? Maybe you sneered at someone being gossiped about or you felt personal satisfaction at the misfortune of another. That could have been Jesus incognito and you have failed the tests in being a righteous person. But don’t worry, these tests are repeaters and you can boost your GPA.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
What do you think this means?
“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.Luke.14.26
The way I see it is that this scripture is to show that happiness is a false belief.
Our programming is so strong now and then that some people have written these almost unspeakable words (above) which many people have difficulty to interpret as loving words because they also have a the false idea of love.
What do you think about this one also?
"So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect Him." -Matthew 24.44
One day or another before you die the son of man will come to you, this mean that in you will rise the sentiment of long lost nature of being, call it what ever, God, Son of man, spirituality…it doesn’t matter, what count is that all of us with no exception we will face our true nature before departing this life.
You see your attempt to ask people to believe in your Jesus is as futile as atheist trying to make you a nonbeliever.
Because what is very interesting in the aspect of Jesus is the unknown as to the known one…people crave for mystery when the mystery is in the reality unseen.
Kacou

The odd thing is i know what you see in this text but you dont know what i see. Yeah it sure makes it a great mystery.

I have never read the whole Bible but still i get it when others bring up things like this.

If you just read the text just as it is you will never understand the message the text is giving. I see the text as it is but i can also see past it.

“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.Luke.14.26

The first thing that came to my mind when i read this was that we are all born sinners. In other words we have all sinned against our next of kind and even against our selves. I know you have lied to your mom and dad and brother and sister if you have brothers and sisters. You might even have stolen from them. You might also have had angry thoughts against them at one or many times. And so on. That's how i see that text. You dont always hate them but sometimes you do. Just doing it once is a sin.

What do i see in this text!

So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect Him." -Matthew 24.44

Well this text actually explains it self. And it is also mentioned more then once. And is used with other images as the sleeping church and burning lamps. If you dont pay attention you wont be ready to know when the second coming is hear. You will just see a lot of war on the news .And all the signs which are given to you by God will not let you know what is going on. It will just seam like life as usual. I guess that this explains why He will come like a thief in the night. We haven't bothered to pay any attention to God and the signs that are given to us.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I don’t know how I can explain to other that the all point in all scriptures of all religion is to look at oneself heart, not to expect anything other then your really won judgment, fear, love, to guide you or miss guide you.
One thing I truly disagree with you is that we are not born sinner but pure, fearless, judgment less, true lover in nature, this is how we come to this world. We become sinner because of the programming from society, culture, nations, religions, and also family.
I believe that Jesus came to tell us to listen to our true nature from our heart not from any one else.
kacou

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
reply to post by spy66

I don’t know how I can explain to other that the all point in all scriptures of all religion is to look at oneself heart, not to expect anything other then your really won judgment, fear, love, to guide you or miss guide you.
One thing I truly disagree with you is that we are not born sinner but pure, fearless, judgment less, true lover in nature, this is how we come to this world. We become sinner because of the programming from society, culture, nations, religions, and also family.
I believe that Jesus came to tell us to listen to our true nature from our heart not from any one else.
kacou

Well to prove to another what you feel by using words will never convince anyone who dosent shear you common feeling and knowledge of God.
And it also makes it harder to explain it by using the Bible. They first have to dedicate some personal time to reflect on the mater. And i guess that they would have to have the will to keep on going thou things might not make to much sense at the beginning. Its a whole new world for some to comprehend because they are programed from society, culture, nations, religions, and also family ,as you say.
You cant do nothing else but tell them about God. You cant prove that God exists, Not in a way that would satisfy a critic.

PS. You have to know that we all have our own personal relation and non relation to God. Some are have different opinions concerning a text,Because they have looked into it deeper then others. But remember its what you think that maters. Don't let others make up your mind for you.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by Reddupo

For example his huge suffering,

Huh? Being crucified? If he was crucified, and never allowing to live again, THAT is suffering. Going to heaven afterwards means he didn't really suffer much. If he ever existed to begin with.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
ok I am a huge fan of research...I try real hard not to put words in others' mouths.

so I am gonna ask Spy...

Because they cant feel anything

Are you saying that we who do not follow Christ cannot feel or did I totally misread this?

If I have I sincerely apologize

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
ok I am a huge fan of research...I try real hard not to put words in others' mouths.

so I am gonna ask Spy...

Because they cant feel anything

Are you saying that we who do not follow Christ cannot feel or did I totally misread this?

If I have I sincerely apologize

-Kyo

Well what i am saying is that you have no idea of what my feeling towards Christ are. You dont have a clue.
But you could probably relate to what i feel if you love God. But you would still not know what my feelings are like. They are personal.
I could tell you but you probably wouldn't have any relations with what i feel at all.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Noted

I thought that was what you meant. I took it instantly that you thought we no feelings period. It pays to think for a moment doesn't it :-p

Sorry for the mix up...totally on me

Now to the subject, I cannot deny that I will never know how you feel towards or with God just as you won't know how I feel towards the Goddess. It is remarkable and fantastic to note your tolerance regardless.

-Kyo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join