It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so glad that I posted Jesus is definititely coming back soon!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Look at the response - not for me, for Jesus - that can only be good for people.

I am tired of people demanding proof, ridiculing etc.

Surely our sorry planet needs a redeemer soon?

And, funnily enough, I am not a religious bigot - have long given up on churches because they are too hypocritical and run by people in power.

I, personally, believe in God, and the son of God, and that he will soon redeem the world.

I hope so, anyway.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I hate to say it, but our "sorry" planet has needed a cure for centuries..why such a long wait and so many had to suffer and die wating on this miracle?

Is faith some sort of test game to see how long a human being can endure pain and suffering?

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I originally said "probably" in my reply. Wasn't allowed, so I will say probably, probably, probably and probably.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

I'm not ridiculing or demanding proof here..

but why does the redeemer have to be jesus?

the whole point of being a shepherd is to show where the sheep to go, not to carry them there.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

But Jesus does lead his sheep, not just show them. Wherever mankind has to venture, Jesus has been there first.

For example his huge suffering, his love, his humility and his example of loving your fellowman (difficult - impossible for the warmongers), turning the other cheek (extremely difficult) ...and many other examples.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

If you believe that there will be a redeemer other than Jesus, I would be interested to hear who that might be?

Honestly, I really would be interested.

And if you think that there will be no redeemer, I would be interested to hear that too.

I do not have a closed mind.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Whoa, back that one up there. Wherever humanity had to go Jesus was there first? Jesus wasn't the first one to get nailed to a tree man. In fact, people had been getting crucified for hundreds of years before him. Also, I don't recall our buddy the Christ having talked to the American Indians when they first got here. Believe what you want to if that's what makes you feel comfort. However, I believe your time would be better spent thinking of ways and implementing ways of helping your fellow man as opposed to sitting around waiting for some guy to do it for you.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

I couldn’t agree more with you.
Jesus of the bible or of any other book was in my view a guide to better life not a manual.
The manual is in you, look at the pages of your heart and see there what will guide you to be a better person…no one can make you a better person then you’re self. No one can make this world a better world then the world itself.
Kacou.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
more importantly, rather than prove the J man is coming back soon, we are still waiting for proof he ever existed. and i mean actual physical undisputable scientific evidence, as of yet there is still none.

religion is mind control for the masses, and im disapointed that in this day and age, with the potential of the human mind, there are still people out there in the world who are so poorly educated and gullible that they put blind faith in a god concept.

needy

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I call for him many times every day.Not in vain either I want him now!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Of course people should think about their own lives, as I am only too well aware - do you maybe think that people who give negative "advice" to others are the ones who really need to inspect their own souls/hearts/minds?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Well, first, I wasn't giving negative advice.

Secondly, we have no souls.

Lastly. I inspect my heart and mind daily. Hope that helps

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
It's a sad thing that not everyone can feel who God really is. It is a sad thing that we cant shear our feelings but only our words.

The people who haven't opened their mind to God dont know what a great feeling we are talking about. And when we try to tell them what it is they cant relate to what we say.Because they cant feel anything. So they use it as a pretext to argue against us.

The critics always want us to prove God's existence. But we cant do that and they know it.
Many are still trying to figure out if the Bible and other texts are authentic or not. But how can some one prove a word that is inspired onto people by God and put into a book. This question always gives critics a lot of fuel to argue their points against the Bible and our religion.

God gave us Jesus but critics dont know why God let Jesus die, it dosent make sense to them at all. Why would God let his beloved son die a horrible death. Why didn't he stop it if he is God. I guess you have to understand Gods love for us humans to understand it.

I got a question: How can someone prove to another that what they feel is true. How can i prove to you that i can relate to God and that God is real. I cant do that. But i wish i could!! but i dont know how. I guess you have to do some soul searching on your own to.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
Well, first, I wasn't giving negative advice.

Secondly, we have no souls.

You weren't giving negs, but you were definitely saying the 'should' word - which is just about dictating.

Anyway, as I said, I have an open mind...tell me what you think will happen to the world in the very near future?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

uh oh,

Back up a minute - we have no souls?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66
SPY,

Thank you so so so much. It feels lovely to have a brother or sister in the Lord.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by spy66
SPY,

Thank you so so so much. It feels lovely to have a brother or sister in the Lord.

Your not alone so keep up the good work. But still its a shame that no everyone can relate to what we feel.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Yea, I don't believe we have souls.

Look, before someone launches off on the "convert the heathen" diatribe, I used to be a Christian. So yes, I am aware of the "feeling of closeness" that being a member of a religion can bring. I am aware of what you refer to. I don't have a grudge against god and nothing happened to make me loose my faith. I just no longer believe it.

I grew out of the (to me) delusion.

I have no problem with anyone that believes in god, that's fine with me. Just not my cup of tea.

As far as the very near future...who knows? I think "Revelations" scenarios are possible. Or we could just go on with business as usual

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

Well you have the right to do what ever you feel is right. If you know that we dont have a soul. I for one would like to know how you found that out. Because i dont shear the same feeling i cant relate to your opinion. But i guess it all lies in the understanding of the definition what a soul is.

I

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
What do you think this means?
“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.Luke.14.26
The way I see it is that this scripture is to show that happiness is a false belief.
Our programming is so strong now and then that some people have written these almost unspeakable words (above) which many people have difficulty to interpret as loving words because they also have a the false idea of love.
What do you think about this one also?
"So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect Him." -Matthew 24.44
One day or another before you die the son of man will come to you, this mean that in you will rise the sentiment of long lost nature of being, call it what ever, God, Son of man, spirituality…it doesn’t matter, what count is that all of us with no exception we will face our true nature before departing this life.
You see your attempt to ask people to believe in your Jesus is as futile as atheist trying to make you a nonbeliever.
Because what is very interesting in the aspect of Jesus is the unknown as to the known one…people crave for mystery when the mystery is in the reality unseen.
Kacou

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join