It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADL: Holocaust & Nazi Imagery Abound at Anti-Israel Rallies in U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

ADL: Holocaust & Nazi Imagery Abound at Anti-Israel Rallies in U.S.

news.prnewswire.com

NEW YORK, Jan. 5 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Of all of the recriminations aimed at Israel at scores of demonstrations held across the country in response to its military operation against Hamas, none has been more consistently or emphatically employed than comparisons of Israel to the Nazis, or the situation in Gaza to a "Holocaust."

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) said that in-your-face comparisons of Israel's actions to those of Hitler, or signs altering the Jewish Star of David into a swastika, have been a recurring feature at many rallies across the country, including protests held over the past weekend in several major U.S. cities.

Some demonstrations have included expressions of support for Hamas, a U.S.-designated terrorist organization, or for terrorism against Israel in general, according to ADL. And some protesters at rallies have spewed inflammatory anti-Israel and anti-Semitic rhetoric.

"Freedom of speech is not just a right, it is also a responsibility," said Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director and a Holocaust survivor. "Comparisons of Israel to the Nazis are a deeply cynical perversion of history, an attempt to turn the tragedy that befell the Jewish people into a bludgeon against Israel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
so now that Israel is being called into question, the one right that the Free World prides itself on (Freedom of Speech) is being questioned.

What if it's the other way around, and there is anti-muslim rallies in NYC. Would the same argument be used????

And this is what all the fuss is about:

"In New York City's Times Square, six city blocks were filled with anti-Israel demonstrators holding signs that read "Israel: The Fourth Reich;" "Holocaust by Holocaust Survivors;" "Stop Israel's Holocaust;" "Holocaust in Gaza;" and "Stop the Zionist Genocide in Gaza." One sign juxtaposed gruesome images of Holocaust victims and Gazans and read, "Nazi Genocide, Israeli Genocide."

So let me guess, demonstrations against genocide will now be shut down under the guise that they fuel terrorism.

Let's just rename Genocide - something nice and peachy like Lotus Flowers. Everyone likes flowers right???

news.prnewswire.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 04326

Why can't the Sudanese, Tibetans, or Kurds get six blocks of protesters in Times Square? Where is the outrage over their suffering?

What is the force or power that motivates humans into condemning Jews over Palestine, but ignore the suffering of all peoples not afflicted by the Jews?

What is it that drives these Herds of Hate?

What is this phenomena? For thousands of years this has went on. The Hate is irrational and illogical. The Destruction it inflicts is mindless.

The Palestinians are only pawns in a much greater conflict.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by 04326

Why can't the Sudanese, Tibetans, or Kurds get six blocks of protesters in Times Square? Where is the outrage over their suffering?

What is the force or power that motivates humans into condemning Jews over Palestine, but ignore the suffering of all peoples not afflicted by the Jews?

What is it that drives these Herds of Hate?

What is this phenomena? For thousands of years this has went on. The Hate is irrational and illogical. The Destruction it inflicts is mindless.

The Palestinians are only pawns in a much greater conflict.

True that the palestinians are pawns in a greater conflict. But i fear that you are missing the point here.

Where are the protests against "Freedom of Speech" when there are demonstrations to support the Kurds or any other conflict. It just gets reported as 'Another demonstration took place today in the City - blah blah blah". Last time i checked, we have thousands of demonstrations of this time all over the world.

What is disturbing is that now people are being inadvertently being told not to protest over the israel - gaza conflict and say in a public forum what billions of people are thinking. i.e. the force used by israel is inequitable and the living conditions of gaza civilians are deplorable and not unlike the conditions faced by the jewish during the holocaust.

The point is, today we have the 'Freedom of Speech' police on this issue. Tomorrow we may have the very same thing on something just as controversial i.e. 9/11 or global warming etc. Once this starts, its only a slippery slope to a "Thought Police" and a very authoritarian state.

What i am trying to point out, is that perhaps the once great nation is at a cross roads and unless people stop following the political lobbies, the government, and the msm mindlessly - we may just see a slide into a very authoritarian state of affairs.

So Mr MikeBoydUS, before jumping onto the Pro-Israeli bandwagon, please have a look around you and recognise that your nation which in the not-so-long-distant past was heralded as the 'land of the free' is no longer in that auspicious position. Today you support the claims of the ADL, which quite frankly, as an outsider we see as laughable.

This loss of rights won't personally effect me because i am not an American but i would encourage you to think of tomorrow and the implications your blind support has for the future on your own personal liberties.

**Edited to expand on my response**

[edit on 5/1/09 by 04326]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think protesters are calling the Palestinian experience a Holocaust not the Holocaust©.

My understanding is that the generic use of the word holocaust was applicable under fair use rules on account of it being part of the English language.

Furthermore, under the pain of oppression, shouldn't the victims decide up on how they describe their oppressors or is that verboten?

Ultimately, why should the Palestinians give a toss about Nazi genocide policies when they are paying the cost and face the same prospects their Israeli oppressors say they had experienced. I mean really, this is too much.

[edit on 073131p://pm3146 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Maybe it might have something to do with the fact that Jews with others were presicuted by Nazis

Nazis Stole Jewish property
Nazis Blaimed Jews for their Problems
Nazis used Properganda against Jews to push their agenda,
Nazis Killed Millions of Jews along with gypcies, gays and so on.
Nazis Killed them Indescrimintaly
Nazis claimed they were superier and Gods Chosen

Isreal Steel Palestinian Land
Israel Use properganda to push their agenda
Israel Kill Civilians on purpose (target civilian areas and infronstructure)
use indiscrimiante weapons in civilian areas.
some Israelis Claim they are Gods chosen people and have the right to do what they like.

at the end of the Day most things Nazi Germany did can be assosiated with what Israel does,

hence why its easy to get the two things and put them together,

Jews in 1942 by the hands of Nazis can be compared to what Israel does to palestinians. and the Reasons Israel was created by Britain at the time.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 04326

I think we are already sliding down the path to authoritarianism. Most people don't like to think for themselves anymore or think about anything important.

I don't have a problem with protests and demonstrations. What drives me crazy is that barely anyone will lift a finger and help any of the millions upon millions of other people suffering in the world.

That is another of our problems. People don't care anymore, except when it involves Israel or the Jews.

I look at the news stories on Reuters humanitarian new site alertnet almost everyday. Over 1500 people have died in Zimbabwe from Cholera in the past few weeks. 1500 people that could have been saved had it not been for Zimbabwe's corrupt and abusive government ran by Mugabe.

The death toll as of today is at over 1600. Barely anyone cares about their plight.

Where is the outrage? Why do people only single out Israel?

Protesting about injustices, you think would be equal. Not in this world though. You would think with the level of protests that Israel had killed at least tens of thousands since the Intifada had started in the 1980s.

In over 20 years of conflict the combined death toll from both sides doesn't even break 10,000.

The Kurds have lost three times that amount since the 1980s.

The Sudanese have lost well into the Hundreds of thousands.

How can people protest about Injustice, when the Protests themselves are unequal?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This portrayal of Israel as a Nazi State only serves to prolong the situation in that region.

During WWII the entire German People were terrorized as though the entire population was involved in some conspiracy against civilisation. Roosevelt said as much. Because of this belief, the German People were terrorized to the extent of assassination, bombing and mass-murder. This was all viewed as being a "Good War."

The Muslim countries, like the rest of the World watched as the Allies fought this "Good War" with methods that took an enormous civilian toll.

Today we see many in the West as well as in the Middle East who portray the people of Israel as a new form of Nazi-Regime. This has had a great effect on the psyche of the People of the Muslim World. To the Islamists, Hamas is completely justified and their attacks on civilians beyond reproach because they are fighting their own "Good War."

The nations of the West have taught these morals to the people of the World, yet we still view this kind of fanaticism as a product of the Muslim mind.

Just as the "Collectively Guilty" German People were crushed by the Righteous.

So will the "Collectively Guilty" People of Israel be terrorized in Hamas' "Good War."

[edit on 5/1/2009 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think we should form a group to protest the protestors.....or would we be protesting against ourselves??? Wow, that back fired.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I think that comment is indicative of your own dedication to Israel. Most other people I know including myself have been involved in demonstrations against apartheid South Africa, the attempted invasion of the Lebanon in 2006, the 2 million march against the Iraq war, collected donations for the Tsunami victims, donation for the Katrina victims, donations for earth quake relief in Turkey, Iran. Most people in the UK have a moral centre and give heavily for the relief of suffering around the world. I am only too happy work colleagues and friends I know give what they can.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It's sad & unintentionally funny that the ADL are crying about this.

I thought the ADL were there to defend Jews from defamation, not Israel - I don't think anyone seriously blames American Jews for the actions of the Israeli state.

The Israelis need to stop acting like NAZIs and dishing out collective punishment, then folks won't find the comparison so tragically apt.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
I think we should form a group to protest the protestors.....or would we be protesting against ourselves??? Wow, that back fired.

I could find you a quiet room to do it without interruption.

Apparently a second line is required.

[edit on 073131p://pm3118 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by 04326

I think we are already sliding down the path to authoritarianism. Most people don't like to think for themselves anymore or think about anything important.

I don't have a problem with protests and demonstrations. What drives me crazy is that barely anyone will lift a finger and help any of the millions upon millions of other people suffering in the world.

That is another of our problems. People don't care anymore, except when it involves Israel or the Jews.

I look at the news stories on Reuters humanitarian new site alertnet almost everyday. Over 1500 people have died in Zimbabwe from Cholera in the past few weeks. 1500 people that could have been saved had it not been for Zimbabwe's corrupt and abusive government ran by Mugabe.

The death toll as of today is at over 1600. Barely anyone cares about their plight.

Where is the outrage? Why do people only single out Israel? ....
..... How can people protest about Injustice, when the Protests themselves are unequal?

I understand your point of view but i cannot answer for everyone out there but i can answer for myself and i shall attempt it here...

You are quite correct when you say that people only care about themselves. As long as they have a warm bed, a comfortable home, and big SUV in the driveway, they are happy. They have their bread and circus. We talk about history on ATS and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that what we are seeing is another repeat of the bread & circus fiasco that brought down the roman empire.

People will not care if they are so far removed from injustice that they cannot even fathom what real suffering is. Now for those who will automatically jump on this statement and label me an anti-american,jew hating such and such - this is my disclaimer: I don't oppose any religion and in fact hold the Jewish faith in the highest esteem and applaud the good America has done in the past.

So now that i am done with the disclaimer, let me answer your second point of not lifting a finger to assist the other nations around the world who are suffering whilst there is an uproar about what israel does.

Dude, when your walking down a street and there are two people begging for food. One is quitly sitting in a corner silently begging whilst the other one is being kicked down everytime they protest and force is being used against them by the authorities, what would you do? I know i would quickly and quitely give all the money in my wallet to the guy begging silently in the corner then rush to the aid of the one which is being forcefully being oppressed and do protest actively for the injustice.

But what about the point that the 'free world' is so quick to condone oppression by authoritarian gov's in countries which happen to be in 'strategic' locations? and don't give a damn about those who are in less interesting areas. Just look at the example of Zimbabwe that you use. The UK has been implying a 'humanitarian invasion' for as long as i can recall and left everything on the shoulders of the African Union - who are basically a gentleman's club and won't readily put pressure on one of their own i.e Mugabe. Heaven forbid if this was Bangladesh.

The chinese however seem to have developed an interest in africa unlike the western world and are putting up infrastructure etc which they will reap the rewards of later. Anyone see the parallels between America & Europe / the middle east from decades ago.

And to put the record straight from my own perspective, i do everything i can to help through proper aid charities and private channels to send money, food and supplies to countries like zimbabwe & sudan. I will assist the silent begger whilst making a loud protest about the one being beaten down.

So please what inequality are we talking about when it comes to protesting? It seems like those who still have an ounce of humanity in their hearts, will continue to point their fingers at the unjust.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Apparently these are the demonstrations which the ADL is up in arms about:

ADL: Anti-Israel Demonstrations Page

i can just seen the terrorist mindset in those pictures....

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 04326

This is hilarious. What a load of sanctimonious, narcissistic wingers. These ADL types are obnoxious. Are they Americans or Israelis?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

looking at the website and the colors, i am certain the adl is american-jewish. talk about creating a mountain out of a mole hill and definitely the funnies thing i have seen all day.

I wonder where the usual pro-zionist people are today. I sincerely hope even they are starting to see through the facade or maybe the Megaphone software is down due to technical difficulties (overload).

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
We wouldn't even talk about jews if it wasn't for Israel. Israel should move to america or be disbanded, it did what it was created for, to be a safe heaven for jews around the world. Now it's more dangerous for them to live there. Jews are loved in america and europe, they should disband Israel once and for all so we can get this thing over with.

new topics

top topics

join