It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dianne Feinstein Not Too Pleased With Panetta Pick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Dianne Feinstein Not Too Pleased With Panetta Pick

washingtonindependent.com

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the California Democrat who’s about to take the reins as chairwoman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, doesn’t appear to be too happy with Leon Panetta’s prospective appointment to head the CIA. Here’s what her office just sent me:

“I was not informed about the selection of Leon Panetta to be the CIA Director. I know nothing about this, other than what I’ve read,” said Senator Feinstein, who will chair the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence in the 1
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
A MAJOR Democrat and one in a position of power is against a non intel field ex-Clintonite being named to head CIA? This is the start of the Obama Cabinet vetting process that will reconvene in the Senate soon when they decide to approve or not the Cabinet of Mr. Obama's.

Could this be the start of a long fight with his own Party for not appearing left enough for them?

washingtonindependent.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
dang, haven't even taken office and there's already been a gaffe in intelligence.

I thought the Dems were one big happy family ever since Obama got elected?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I link the disconnect to Obama's intel brief after his win. The change of intent in both character and substance now comes to light.

Congress may not fully know the nature of the crisis as it may be that some in congress may have helped a few of the bankers. Are they sniffing for treason?

Time will tell. Bush and Obama may have a common enemy. And as President Bush fully understands the "enemy of my enemy is my friend".

The glass we see through is truly dark.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder... So what? This isn't going to be all rainbows and moon pies. I'm sure there are those in the cabinet who aren't pleased with Hillary as Sec'y of State. It's just kinda too bad. Whining isn't really something I think Obama is going to take kindly to.

jam, if you think the Dems are one big happy family since Obama got elected, you haven't been listening.
Obama isn't catering to the Dems. AND I LOVE IT!

join