It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Rains Fire On Gaza With Phosphorus Shells

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

If you want to talk about what’s banned, how about: Hamas targeting civilians with suicide bombers.

Hamas intentionally targeting civilians-they proudly state this.
Hamas targeting civilians with rockets and mortars.

These are banned events also, but that does to seem to stop the Hamas.

So lets see, one side (Israel) is supposed to do what's right while allowing the other side (Hamas) to do as they please. (They please to target civilians).

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
reply to post by Harlequin

If you want to talk about what’s banned, how about: Hamas targeting civilians with suicide bombers.

Hamas intentionally targeting civilians-they proudly state this.
Hamas targeting civilians with rockets and mortars.

These are banned events also, but that does to seem to stop the Hamas.

or how about Hamas receiving a few millions from the U.S?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
white phosphorus is some wicked stuff.
it basically reacts with water, and the human body is mostly water, so you end up getting things like this picture here:

all that is left are bones and clothes. like some sci fi movie. that picture is from when US troops used that crap on some civilians in faluja. the thing is the military will say they are using it for smoke screens when the really are using it to break the population. more lies. too bad lies make the world go round these days.

my thoughts are with the palestinian people (not hammas or israel)

WP reacts to oxygen, not water. You have to cut off the supply of O2 if you want to stop the burning. If you have a piece of WP in your skin, you can stop the burning by covering the wound with a saline or water soaked bandage. Or if you're tough, slap some mud on it; that will stop the burning.

The main thing is to keep it wet. If it dries, it can re-ignite.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
White Phosphorus

the random use of WP against civilian targets is banned under the CCWC and is a war crime

i don`t care if you want to feign innocence and say ` were not signed to it` ` its for smoke only`- many countries arn`t signed to the NPT and yet the USA is making a rather large fuss of nuclear tech.

UN CCWC LINK

and the specific protocol

Protocol 3 of the CCWC banning incendary weapons against civilians

you cannot go blanket bombing a city in WP (as they did in fullajah) - its a war crime

White Phosphorus cannot be extinguished purely by water - as a chemical agent it usually requires a water/sand sprayed mix - or let it burn out.

please watch ` we were soldiers ` to see the effects of WP - they have to cut the chemical out to stop it from burning through the soldiers leg - which is the truth.

I'd whole heatedly agree!!! Being a gun chief for 6 years in field artillery, I can personally tell you that WP, from what I can remember, will continue to burn as long as it has oxygen. We were told that if we ever got WP on our skin to use mud on the burn, to help stop the burning. Now, how much of that statement is true, I have no idea.

When we were in the field during FTX, it was always an air burst. Problem I see is that, even though they can say it's for 'smoke' purposes, how can you avoid any personnel with it; that's nearly impossible in war. =/

top topics

<< 1   >>

join