It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO in Space Shuttle Video

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Could be one of the observation/chase planes aloft during shuttle landings.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
When trying to catch a ufo what has to be done is slowing up the film.

The ships are all over our skies you don't see them because they just move to darn fast for us to pick up on, slow it down is my opinion and you will have a much better chance of being the ones to get the proof.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
My first thought was a chase plane, but after watching the video several times, it looks nothing like a plane to me. Nor does it look like a flock of birds. To me it appears to be well beyond the shuttle, and it appears to be of a large size.

Star and flag for the OP. Nice find.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople

Yes --

NASA uses the Shuttle Training Aircraft which is a Gulfstream II (military designation C-II) to check the weather conditions around the landing site just prior to landing.

This is a speacially fit-out aircraft that can simulate the manner in which the shuttle flies (for training purposes) and is also fitted with equipment that can indicate potential wind-shear patterns. This plane is always flown during shuttle landings. NASA has four of them, and at least one is Kept at Kennedy and one is kept at Edwards for landings (perhaps one is kept at White Sands, but I'm not sure).

It is my understanding that the Gulfstream C-II aircraft is still in the air (but out of the way) while the shuttle makes its final approach and landing. So even though the OP's second post said that the military stated that they were not testing planes at Edwards that day, that does not rule out the planes that are required to fly during shuttle landings.

Here are pictures of the Gulfstream C-II...in fact one of these pictures shows the plane in flight while the shuttle is landing:

www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 1/5/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by David Skylar

Could be anything. You realize that the camera is zoomed in all the way, so there is a lot of airspace between it and the shuttle. Any object at any distance capable of streaking that quickly could have done that. I don't see why people dismiss birds or bugs. The shape of the object must be affected by motion blurring, so that is not the true shape of the object, but a rather elongated and blurry version of its original shape.

-rrr

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The shuttle wingspan is 78 ft (24 M), the object (for want of a better term) travelled aprox four - four and a half times this distance, at right angle to the shuttle, estimated from the video of course.

This means the object was travelling somewhere between 50 - 70 miles per hour.

(object appears to travel 4 - 4.5 times the shuttle wingspan, when in view. The shuttle wingspan is 78 ft. Round that up to 80 feet, we get 320 ft estimated, total distance travelled while object in view (4 seconds).

320 ft. / 4 seconds in view = 80 (approx) feet per second rate of speed. This is only about 55 Mph.

There are many species of bird that can and do fly at these speeds, and MUCH higher speeds routinely.

Of course, all this assumes the object is fairly close to the shuttle.

NOW then...IF this 'object' is much further away, behind the shuttle, then things get very interesting. It now means we are looking at a 'bird', up to anything from a falcon size going up to 200 mph to miles in size, travelling at thousands of mph!

Probably a falcon.

spikey.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
My first thought is an observation plane way down range,... not a recognizable profile...

If it was secret military craft, why risk being recorded?

Any deeper conjecture would start a slippery slope of sci-fi I wont entertain...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
If you put &fmt=18 at the end of the link of a youtube video, it makes the video in higher quality.
Click here to view the high quality version of the video.
To me it looks like a disk. But we can't make that conclusion just yet.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think it is a plane. I'm going with my first instinct here.

I just got a chance to watch the high def. version and I think I can see the stabilizer on the object.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
My first thought is an insect transverse the lens of a camera that is zoomed in way far, and when something thin and small crosses the lens is going to look hug and moving very fast. Just an idea guys, don't want to debunk too much but don't go too crazy with the ufo stuff.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
To EVERYONE:

Since I posted this video, I've been watching the video many times over and doing some research. I've come to the following conclusions:

There is a stabalizer on the blurry object, that much is certain.

The object is not a government or commercial airliner.

The object might be a bird, a plane that trails the jet, or something else entirely.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Whatever it is appears to be passing behind the shuttle. I'm going to have to agree with others in that it was a chase aircraft circling the area.

Great find though!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Does it interact with the tail? Weirdness. Maybe its a strange perspective and they caught another plane in the view. Still we need higher quality.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
wow, those creates are very fascinating! I wonder if they have anything to do with experimentation and releasing things into the biosphere.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

YEP THE WAY IT WAS MOVEING __i no my ships GRAVITY PULLING POWER ---SPEED--OF--LITE-

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I still say its a bug up close and blurry the camera is focused at a good distance away.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople

I absolutely agree with that, and since the video dialogue talks about the decceleration 323 degree descent curve that the shuttle goes through, thats the reason the plane appears to move so fast. I believe it is a military jet - a chase plane - and that as the shuttle finally settles into the flight path on the video, the chase plane has circled around and is following the shuttle as they typically do. And thus after its on the ground and the chute is out, you hear the jet roar by...

but its still a neat find anyway, OP...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Hi all,
Well beyond the bird, rod and airplane ideals, i beleive we have seen this type of craft before. I can not remember his name but it was the dude that had his alien or what ever in his freezer. There was a arm bracelet he sent to japan and his dog was turned into white powder. In his footage there is a black torpedow looking craft with striaght edges on it.
My two cents.
Cheers,
Kitos

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It may be true that the video quality is not good enough to positively identify it as a plane, but the video quality is also not good enough to rule out a plane.

And since we know planes such as this one:

www.globalsecurity.org...

are flying around the landing site during shuttle landings, I see no evidence that points to this being anything other than a plane.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
@ EVERYONE:

This is David Skylar (OP), for some reason ATP wont let me log back into my account. Anyway I found a link showing numerous video angles of the Shuttle landing at Edwards. You are welcome to watch the videos and try to spot the plane/bird/rod/ufo/insect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join