It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those in other countries who hate that we didn't elect Ron Paul.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I see a lot of threads on Ron Paul in which someone from another country will mention that they can't believe we didn't elect Ron Paul.

"I am still so sorry that USA didnt understand value of this guy...

Or maybe they did, but all votes doesnt get counted, at least in NH primary. Who can not remember that mess? Anyway, theres a leader we all can trust, no matter what country we are from.

Go, Ron Go! - My man...
" JanusFIN
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"If I could be an American for just one day I'd vote for him. Maybe we can talk him into coming up here and being our Prime Minister. Anything would be better than that baby eating vampire we have now. Harper is a bilderberg piece of # like all your presidents are ." morthn1waytoskinacat
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well what about your countries? Who are the "Ron Pauls" of your country and why aren't they the leader there?

Why put everything on America to get things right? Why can't other countries do it either?

Just an observation I made. I voted for Ron Paul in the Missouri primary too.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
urgh...why do people always cry and moan about they're elected officials....when they're...elected. I understand the value of a good politician but in the world we live in today, you gotta pay if you wanna play.

Ron Paul did not pay, therefore he does not play, simple really. Kinda sad tho, he would have made a great president IMO. Unless he's in the pocket of the NWO like most are.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

That plays into what I am saying. You said "he would have made a great president".

I agree. But who do you have in Canada? Who are the Ron Pauls of your country? Why aren't they the leader there?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer

That plays into what I am saying. You said "he would have made a great president".

I agree. But who do you have in Canada? Who are the Ron Pauls of your country? Why aren't they the leader there?

Haha if you haven't noticed, our government would rather have the US run the country then them do it themselves. We've got our heads so far up America's ass, we don't know where we end, and she begins.

But there's something your not factoring into your equation here. Public support is not all that's needed in order to elect officials, hell if Obama hadn't won the Electoral College he wouln't be president, even if he'd won the popular vote.

Furthermore, good, honest and hard working politicians don't usually make many friends while climbing the ranks, it's hard to get elected when the corrupt are looking out for the corrupt.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Okay. Who are Canada's Ron Pauls?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
To tell you the truth, 40% of the Canadian population did not vote during the last election, there isn't really a big political thing here in Canada, well the west mostly and ontario.

I don't really know who the Ron Paul's of Canada are (i didn't vote this time around) but i'm sure they exist, then again, i'm not surprised i haven't heard about them.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Surely the people that I quoted in my first post would have a good idea who their county's Ron Pauls would be.

So why put it on America's back to do whats right? Unless of course they already have Ron Paul types elected. And from the sounds of it, they don't.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
To tell you the truth the US has EVERYTHIGN put on they're backs, whether they deserve it or not.

That's what happens when get the kind of reputation it has bolstered. You wanna say your the greatest, free and intelligent country on the planet, then they have to act like it.

The US is seen as the world's watchdog, they receive criticism for everything they do good or bad.

It's always a you could have done this, or you could have done that, mentality.

People will never be happy with what they have, it's in our society's nature to take an inch and demand a mile.

If nothing else the US is the most influencial country in the world, the rest of us take the example and run with it. They're actions do affect the course of history, they're elected politicians effect the lives of everybody on the planet. That's most likely why people are upset, because it does matter whose the President in the states, whether you live in Canada, or Ethiopia.

[edit on 1/4/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

That doesn't go over with me. People want to whine but when it comes down to doing something about it, they don't.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

But thats a collective thing among all societies, we b*** and moan, and nothing ever gets done. Not until some crazy event shakes us all to the core and we get fed up.

And it's coming, don't you worry, all of this trouble in the middle east i just the beginning.

It's all going to hell in a handbasket, and were along for the ride friend.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Never heard of the guy off this site. Me, I'm British and rooting for this leader of a political party. It is not murder machine Brown, it is David Cameron.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

That's true. But in my effort to understand people from other countries better, I started this thread. We're getting off track here.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

Hmm, i don't know much about british politics, but i do know one thing, your country is the most watched in the world.

Quite frankly it scares me, i was london a few months ago reading the paper, and it said that there were atleast 4 million cameras in the city itself.

Thats just too intense for me, kinda looking more and more like a police state. Then again Canada isn't any better, about 80% of our laws have gone through some form of change for the worse in the past 5 years, slowly restricting are freedom.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
In Britain, about half don't vote. It's because for some daft reason, a lot of people don't usually care. We just end up voting on how good a speaker they are, rather than what they represent.

In America, there seems to be a massive song and dance, with television adverts and slogan all over the place, costing a heck of a lot of money.

It's different in England, I guess.

Tony Blair was quite well liked, I believe... but asking other countries who their Ron Pauls are, is a little odd. For starters, we barely know anything about him. All we hear about is "Obama is black! Wow!" and "McCain has a female for VP" and such. And the little I've heard about Ron Paul, is that he's descibed as being a "nutter"... so if that's what we're going by... then we have a "raving loonie party" in England. Not kidding... That how seriously we seem to take politics.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by redled

Hmm, i don't know much about british politics, but i do know one thing, your country is the most watched in the world.

Quite frankly it scares me, i was london a few months ago reading the paper, and it said that there were atleast 4 million cameras in the city itself.

Thats just too intense for me, kinda looking more and more like a police state. Then again Canada isn't any better, about 80% of our laws have gone through some form of change for the worse in the past 5 years, slowly restricting are freedom.

Now we have these cctv cameras too look forward to aswell!

www.techradar.com...

As to the OP,i am sad America didnt vote for him,my personal political stance is night and day apart from foreign policy to ron paul,but of course American ideaology for most of the populace is different from most of europe..but for once,id like an honest truthfull person calling the shots for the most powerful country in the world.It wouldnt make the whole world gum drops and roses but it would help...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think a lot of the focus was directed by the media. The pools say that Ron had a lead before the media really got in to this election. And as one here mentioned. If you pay you can play. That tells me if you can bribe the media the media will bribe the people. And if you think about it that's really what happened in this election.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 4demon

"but asking other countries who their Ron Pauls are, is a little odd."

Obviously I am talking to people from other countries who lament that we did not elect Ron Paul. I find it odd that people from other countries feel that way.

I was aiming this toward people who 1)do know who Ron Paul is 2)are from another country 3)can't understand why didn't elect him.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Nah, we have the fascist machine at the ready. I'll say one thing for Hitler in his conrolling mentality. At least he didn't lose any data. Brown is both Hitler and his incompetence.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

I see... well, by looking at the results after the elections, it really does seem that Ron Paul would have made the better choice, but it was actually an American family member that told me how "nuts" he was. They seemed quite shocked and confused when I told them how he had predicted the economic crisis, etc.

It's always easy to look back and say "If it were me, I would have voted for 'blah'" AFTER everything goes wrong.

It seems it's human nature to rub it in ones face.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

but for once,id like an honest truthfull person calling the shots for the most powerful country in the world.It wouldnt make the whole world gum drops and roses but it would help...

Give it a couple of hundred years..maybe...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join