It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emerald Tablets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Who has these tablets now? Where did they get them?

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Wow that is quite a find! Gotta check this out.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 02:14 AM
link   
"The history of the tablets translated in the following pages is strange and beyond the belief of modern scientists. Their antiquity is stupendous, dating back some 36,000 years B.C. The writer is Thoth, an Atlantean Priest-King, who founded a colony in ancient Egypt after the sinking of the mother country. He was the builder of the Great Pyramid of Giza, erroneously attributed to Cheops. (See The Great Pyramid by Doreal.) In it he incorporated his knowledge of the ancient wisdom and also securely secreted records and instruments of ancient Atlantis.

For some 16,000 years, he ruled the ancient race of Egypt, from approximately 50,000 B.C. to 36.000 B.C. At that time, the ancient barbarous race among which he and his followers had settled had been raised to a high degree of civilization. Thoth was an immortal, that is, he had conquered death, passing only when he willed and even then not through death. His vast wisdom made him ruler over the various Atlantean colonies, including the ones in South and Central America."

Is this for real?
Im not to sure if I buy this or not.
I guess I'll wait for someone more educated in this field to respond to this thread.
Deep

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 02:45 AM
link   
As far as I know, those tablets have never been found. They are burried somewhere in the Sphinx area, so the legend says. The story of Thoth is a part of egyptian mythology, and his character was later adopted by greeks, they called him Hermes. The book called the Emerald tablets of Thoth can be traced to 13th century alchemists, I think.

I recomend the folowing book : Secret Chamber - The Quest for the Hall of Records by Robert Bauval, has some interesting insight on Thoth, Hermes, ancient beliefs and of course the yet-to-be-found Hall of Records, a place of ultimate knowledge

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
Who has these tablets now? Where did they get them?

Some people pretend the freemasons got the emerald table but it's only accessible to the hight mason initiates (33�).

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 08:16 AM
link   
It's some guy trying to form a religious cult around himself and his writings. You'll notice that there's nothing particularly deep or interesting in the writing -- no new philosophy, and nothing revealed that actually works.

The ideas are stolen from a number of sources (including old OTO material and Edgar Cayce.)

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Their antiquity is stupendous, dating back some 36,000 years B.C. The writer is Thoth, an Atlantean Priest-King, who founded a colony in ancient Egypt after the sinking of the mother country. He was the builder of the Great Pyramid of Giza, erroneously attributed to Cheops. (See The Great Pyramid by Doreal.)

One wonders where he got that date. You see, the "Emerald Tablets" haven't actually been seen by anyone by dear old Doral (who has a book about the Pyramids and this book to sell.) There's no evidence that Doral (who has a book about the Pyramids and this book to sell) can actually do the work to do the dating?

And by the way, how was a substance that supposedly can't be damaged in any way, tested for antiquity? All our methods involve taking a tiny sample of the item.

And how is it that Doral (who has a book about the Pyramids and this book to sell) is the only one who has a good sample of the Atlantean writing and without any other sources at all is able to translate it? Did Thoth come back and leave him a dictionary? Did Thoth translate it for him?

And if Thoth did, why doesn't Thoth have a book to sell? And why doesn't the book match ANY of the historical points by the archaeologists and anthropologists and why doesn't it explain about the stone tools that seem to be some of the only artifacts left by the people of 35,000 BC? And why doesn't it explain homo erectus, homo heidelbergensis, and homo neanderthalis who were all living at the same time?

And why doesn't it match our knowledge of Egypt -- the one ancient country that we have EXTREMELY good records for. www.wikipedia.org...

Egypt, as a civilization, didn't exist before 3400 BC:
www.wikipedia.org...

The first recorded Pharoh we have is Tiu:
www.wikipedia.org...

In it he incorporated his knowledge of the ancient wisdom and also securely secreted records and instruments of ancient Atlantis.

And Doral (who has a book about the Pyramids and this book to sell) surely must know where they are, right? So howcome none of this tech showed up, and why aren't there other books on these tablets?

For some 16,000 years, he ruled the ancient race of Egypt, from approximately 50,000 B.C. to 36.000 B.C. At that time, the ancient barbarous race among which he and his followers had settled had been raised to a high degree of civilization.

Which ones? Homo habilis? We haven't seen any evidence of this. Homo erectus? Homo Neanderthalis? Homo Sapiens didn't exist back then.

Thoth was an immortal, that is, he had conquered death, passing only when he willed and even then not through death. His vast wisdom made him ruler over the various Atlantean colonies, including the ones in South and Central America."

Apparently his vast wisdom included: "Leave a nice dictionary for Doral to find because Doral has a book on the pyramid and a book on the emerald tablets to sell."

And then he ran off and destroyed all traces of anyone settling the Americas before 10,000 BC.

Like wow, man. All that civilization and all that indestructo-technology... and it all goes KERPOOF! without any trace of it except the Emerald Tablets which end up in the hands of Doral (who has these books to sell... did I mention that?) and somehow Doral can read them.

Is this for real?
Im not to sure if I buy this or not.
I guess I'll wait for someone more educated in this field to respond to this thread.
Deep

But it MUST be real! After all, Doral (who has a book about the Pyramids and this book to sell) says it's real and Doral surely wouldn't make up anything like that, WOULD he?

Serious opinion... it's not only a hoax, as spiritually channeled material it's pure garbage. He's borrowed from Edgar Cayce and that ilk (and rewritten things more badly) and his "great truths" are little more than rehashed Cayce and the other channelers. You can get more information out of a book of the wit and wisdom of Dan Quayle than you can out of the Emerald Tablets.

[Edited on 26-9-2003 by Byrd]

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   
hahahahahah
hahahaha

I especially like
"You can get more information out of a book of the wit and wisdom of Dan Quayle than you can out of the Emerald Tablets. "

Did you mention he has a book for sale?

Seriously if he would just market it as a work of fiction I might find it interesting, but the fact that he presents it as factual truth just makes it offensive.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I will believe in these when, and ONLY when, Doral gives us a complete explanation as to how he knows something exists when he himself hasnt even seen the damn things.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Edgar Cayce prophesized that there was a room under one of the paws of the sphinx he told which one I can't recall which but he said there was ancient scrolls that would answer all of our questions about the past. At any rate it has been proven that the room or a chamber the exact size that Cayce prohesized was there but sadly as yet we have not been able to get to it.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 04:53 AM
link   
i know nothing of edgar cayce.. anybody know any good sites...

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Cayce also predicted that California would fall into the ocean sometime during the 1970's and that Atlantis would mysteriously rise from the ocean floor at the same time.

He was apparently decent at providing healing suggestions, but as a predictor of the future and channeler of accurate information (verifiable by archaeology), he was a disaster.

...not that his followers will admit this...

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The wording is all wrong. Sounds to modern. Complete hoax. I've never heard of the myth of the tablets but now I'm on a mission.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Bryd, I have a tendency to believe and think that Doral went by the Turin Kinglist:
www.ancient-egypt.org...

There is hypothesis or two floating about that Kings and 'civilizations' began long before recorded written history. Note, from the Turin Kinglist this (in bold)----

"A total of 16 "groups" can be distinguished (clicking on the links below will take you to a hieroglyphic transcription and a translation of that particular group):

I,x - I,21: Ptah and the Great Ennead
I,22 - II,3 : Horus and the Lesser Ennead (?)
II,4 - II,8 : the spirits
II,9 : a mythical group of kings
II,10 : another group of mythical kings (?)

II,11 - III,26/27 : 1st to 5th Dynasty
IV,1 - IV,14/15 : 6th to 8th (?) Dynasty
IV,15/17 : 1st to 6th (or 8th ?) Dynasty
IV,18 - V,10 : 9th and 10th Dynasty
V,11 - V,18 : 11th Dynasty
V,19 - VI,3 : 12th Dynasty
VI,4 - X,12/13 : 13th and 14th Dynasty
X,14 - X,21 : 15th Dynasty (Hyksos)
X,22, X,30 (?) : a group of non-identified kings
XI,1 (?) - XI,15 : a group of probably Theban kings contemporary with the Hyksos (17th Dynasty ?)

Note the unmentioned mentioning of 'gods', then 'spirits', and then 'mythical kings'. Here is where the supposed "tens of thousands of years" is hypothesized. Also of note, that the Turin Kinglist mentions Menes (Narmer) as first Pharoah, but this may be because of the mention of and starting at with the first Pharoah to be crowned King/Pharoah of both upper and lower Egypt. Not fully sure though.

Anyhow, a comparison to this hypothesis would be the Babylonian/Sumerian Kinglist:
en.wikipedia.org...

And this:

"After the kingship descended from heaven, the kingship was in Eridug. In Eridug, Alulim became king; he ruled for 28800 years."

Alulim of Eridug (Eridu)
Alaljar of Eridug

En-men-lu-ana of Bad-tibira
En-men-gal-ana of Bad-tibira
Dumuzid of Bad-tibira

En-sipad-zid-ana of Larag

En-men-dur-ana of Zimbir

Ubara-Tutu of Curuppag

Note the "he ruled for 28800 years."
This is the only way that I can think of Doral giving such:

"For some 16,000 years, he ruled the ancient race of Egypt, from approximately 50,000 B.C. to 36.000 B.C. At that time, the ancient barbarous race among which he and his followers had settled had been raised to a high degree of civilization."

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Seekerof]

top topics

join