It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Citizens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
With all the talk about Gaza right now.I thought it would be good to show how other people are suffering around the world..too many to list.But this documentary caught my eye.Shows the story of North Koreans trying to flee into South Korea first across The Tumen river,into China and hopefully then all the way into South Korea.Anyway its a good watch imo.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Seems like that video is playable in UK only
That's what it says when I try to play the video. A bit strange, since BBC WorldNews' Youtube channel is not playable for people in the UK. Why can't all videos be playable in all countries? Anyway, I thought that you should know. Maybe you can find another source for us?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Ah damn,i dont think there is any other sources for it...Oh well that was a waste of a thread.Apologies,i didnt know iplayer was for Uk only,might aswell lock the thread if international folks cant watch it

Sorry

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

No problem. There's no need to lock it. Maybe someone in the UK can see it. But now you know.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I tried looking elsewhere for this video but no luck. Everything seems to be running off the BBC version of it for now.

I would like to watch this. If you find a copy, please post it here.

Hopefully, CBC picks this up soon and shows it here in Canada.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Different companies do that because of restrictions that are from the copyright holders and others that are involved with the actual footage

One person may have rights to so and so for one region or country but dont have rights to air it in another that is common place with movies, and music it may be the same with news but im not exactly sure.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Regardless of whether the video works or not, you have brought up an interesting issue; the issue of global 'issues'. Suffering happens all over the globe, yet people are only aware of what is reported by the media. People get all self righteous all of a sudden about issues such as Gaza, which are of course terrible, but they fail to realise it is more common than expected.
What the solution to this problem is, I unfortunately do not know. I believe it is an important point to raise however.

top topics

join