It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY mayor goes to Israel to show his support amid growing conflict, joined by NYPD commissioner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

NY mayor goes to Israel to show his support amid growing conflict, joined by NYPD commissioner

www.latimes.com

NEW YORK (AP) — New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is heading to Israel with police Commissioner Raymond Kelly and New York Rep. Gary Ackerman.

Spokesman Andrew Brent says the mayor "is going in order to show his support for Israel."

The trip comes as Israel launches a ground offensive in Gaza following eight days of punishing airstrikes that failed to halt militant rocket attacks on Israel.

Bloomberg is scheduled to spend Sunday meeting with the mayors of Sderot and Ashkelon and with New York
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This is GREAT in my opinion we need more of America's Leaders to head to Israel in a show of solidarity. We need to let them know we understand their fight against murdering Terrorists.

This is gonna make the Jew Haters call for this guys death and try to discredit him in other ways if they can't kill him...

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hang on a sec...

This guy is showing his support for ISRAEL???

Oh well, guess it's just MORE blood on the American hands...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Guess in your world there's NO such thing as Jewish terrorists eh?

Edit: Your avatar is great and certainly reflects how much people like yourself will be swept up by the media.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Guess in your world there's NO such thing as Jewish terrorists eh?

Edit: Your avatar is great and certainly reflects how much people like yourself will be swept up by the media.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by mr-lizard]

no there is no such thing as jewish terrorists that is an anti semetic remark you just made LOLLLLLLLL

what a confused ignorant world we live in

i feel bad for the jewish people in isreal .........they keep getting manipulated and used by there aggresive gov't and they take the U.S puppets with them for fear of an ignorant fearful backlash at home

[edit on 3-1-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hmmm...two of the individuals that are "in the know." That might mean NY is not the place to be on Sunday this week!

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think is a welcoming committee sent on ahead to allow the Israelis to emigrate yet again. New York would be perfect for the Israelis. Their kin folk are already there and there is plenty of room on the mainland. The double bonus is that the US taxpayer's wallets are at hand. They can reminisce on their hardships and get paid for it.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
No suprise that the US is sticking up for Israel really though...

Both nations are built on land stolen from the natives.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Wow, the pro-israeli's are out in full force tonight!...... how much you getting paid?

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Isis Is I]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Wow, the pro-israeli's are out in full force tonight!...... how much you getting paid?

I didn't realize that our members had to explain themselves and their opinions simply because they disagree with yours...

Oh wait, they don't.

[edit on Sat, Jan 3rd 2009 by Djarums]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

I never said they had to explain or do anything did i?

I simply stated my opinion, that the pro-israeli's are busy tonight, which they are.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Ah I see...

Nothing wrong with implying that members who disagree with your view are getting paid then?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Both nations are built on land stolen from the natives.

And there are no plans to give it back anytime soon either.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I just wanted to add the link to the story and Gov. Perry of Texas speech so everyone could enjoy it or call him names if you hate the Jews, whatever your bend.

Statement by Gov. Rick Perry on ongoing conflict in Gaza

January 02, 2009

Gov. Rick Perry today issued the following statement on the ongoing conflict in Gaza:

“Hamas must cease its attacks on Israel. No other nation on earth would be expected to stand idly by while a neighbor fired missiles and mortars into its cities, but Israel is being held to an unreasonable, irresponsible standard of restraint. Instead, the world community should be united in its support of Israel’s right to defend its citizens and clear in its condemnation of Hamas.

"While I am saddened by the loss of life on both sides, a suitable resolution to the conflict is possible if Israel's neighbors will acknowledge Israel's sovereign right to defend its people. That acknowledgement would be an essential first step toward a lasting peace.

"The world community must not tolerate terrorism in any form, regardless of any false nobility assigned to its perpetrators or their motives.”

EDIT - I figured since there were so many I love Hamas or I hate Jews threads we should start one that can list the Pro Israel anti-Terrorist support...

[edit on 1/3/2009 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Another one has done it now too.

Merkel: The terror of Hamas cannot be accepted

German Chancellor Angela Merkel's unconditional support of Israel's retaliatory strikes in Gaza has prompted a rising number of attacks from her coalition partner, the Social Democratic Party (SPD), as well as the Free Democratic Party (FDP) and the Left Party.

Another World Leader has stood up against terror and for a Nations Right to defend itself from Terror. But as usual in free societies she has opposition, of course this is something nearly unheard of in Terror States, opposition that is. They usually kill that off pretty fast in the not so free Nations, Ya Know?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Glad to see someone in America still remembers what Islamic terrorists did to us on 9-11-01. Too bad there are so many terrorist sheeple here at ATS.

top topics

join