It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

half Jewish? Half Muslim? half christian? ect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
i see people claim they are half Muslim, Jewish, Christian, hindu and so on
wtf? how can you be half a Faith

your either Jewish and follow jewdisum
or muslim and follow islam
or Christian and follow christianity

so whats up with Half Faths?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
same thing as "half assed" it just means you aren't putting "your all" into it.

i prefer "half faith" type people as I can actually have conversations with them, without them trying to preach to me instead of talking about what we are/were talking about.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Davood]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I don't see how that works, just like you can't be both a Republican and a Democrat at the same time. I think, the person who is born with 2 different religions because of their parents, I believe the person should choose a religion and focus mainly on that one that you chose to put your faith in. Like the great and holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, if a Muslim turns on his religion, he should be killed for turning on his religion. I wonder how he felt about being born with 2 religions, I wonder?!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Perhaps those who subscribe to being of a" half a faith " are leaning towards being more spiritual then religion . Faith has been drifting away from places of worship and towards a more personal level for a while now . Well that is my take .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

I agree to the spiritual aspect of faith and the misleading aspect that religion tends to negotiate on the winding path up the mountain to spiritual enlightenment, self development unconditional love and the concept of 100% responsibilty for our actions

I dont understand why one faith or religion has the be all and end all in the knowledge stakes. Is it not possible that all religions have something to contribute (as little as it may seem to some,) to the development of loving and peacefull thoughts on our wonderful planet earth?

Peace be to all who love religion and its many different forms. Just as the human being is born with many different cultures, colors, eye shape and body shape so has religion developed.

How is it possible to love only one religion and actually have the audacity and huge ego, humungus ego to state that your religion is right...wow. What a thought...hows this; "Sorry all, I am the only person correct, all your religions are incorrect and so I might kill you, or imprision you or torture you or ignore you, maybe spit on your child or burn your house, how dare you have a different opinion to mine... the nerve!" and so lies the human ego.

So as you can gather I can see the positive in many faiths. The greatest of all messages in religion is Thou shalt not kill and Love thy neighbour.
How about we respect the God of everyones understanding.

So I say, why should we align to only one religion?

[edit on 25-4-2009 by flashesofblue]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I believe that would be a quarter jew, muslim, christian, hindu.

But I think what people mean by that is that they take certain aspects of each religion and make it into their own kind of combo religion thing.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

It doesn't really make sense does it

Could people be talking about the faith of their parentage - what they are born into??, you know when people say, half Irish ect.
If it is as others have mentioned believeing partly in a faith then it's in my oppinion is a bit of an odd claim - which half? it would be better to say you take certain elements of said faith than an exact fraction of it

top topics

join