It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe backs IDF incursion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by orgyofthedead

Originally posted by VinceP1974

How dare the Czech president not defend the bigoted and genocidal HAMAS!

Look, im not saying were pro Hamas or anti Jewish, get that right. Both sides are a pair of tits.

Just that a new EU president doesnt speak for the whole of Europe and as soon as he said that the UK and France were angry they dont agree with what he said. Calling it a defensive action is plain wrong its offensive. And the guy doesnt even like the EU if you look into his past hes very anti EU (wont even fly the flag) so that is why hes a bigot. OK mate.

His country was under tyranny for decades..why would he like the EU? I see that he courageously resists going along with the massively stupid Global Warming restrictions.. especially since the Man-Made GW theory is a fraud.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Can you please back up your statement that Schwarzenberg is jewish?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The EU is not Europe on a individual level.
The french already are slaming Israel.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Founding

----------------------------------------------

It seems that as usual, the leadership seldom speaks for the people

hosted.ap.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Founding

One thing is for sure, his father was an SS officer.Comes from a family of natzis.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by pepsi78]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Since you seem well versed in statistics, maybe you can help confirm an info i saw on tv.

It seems it took only 5 days for the IDF to do more kills than Hamas/rockets did in about 20 years.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrysalis

Since you seem well versed in statistics, maybe you can help confirm an info i saw on tv.

It seems it took only 5 days for the IDF to do more kills than Hamas/rockets did in about 20 years.

I won't get into a debate over this sorry... People saying that Israel broke this Peace truce don't accept the facts that Hamas has been breaking it since it was made, and Israel has finally responded, after the truce is over Hamas wouldn't Renew.

Hamas kills the palestinian kids by doing what they do in Gaza as well as the parents that let kids play in the streets during a war.

Nor will I argue that Israel doesn't have the right to take out the terrorist org Hamas for even ONE DEAD ISRAELI CHILD let alone any more or less... SO I won't argue how many kids are dead on either side or how many it takes to let Israel respond. Palestinians should remove the threats to their children, HAMAS, but they don't they aid them, help them and train their children for them. Then some of them strap bombs to their kids to kill Jews. The last scene was the retarded boy Hamas strapped a bomb to and sent to the border crossing...

So I will only say Hamas never abided by the truce and Israel did til after it was over... Israel has the RIGHT to go in and take out the people rocketing their towns and that is defensive when it is a RESPONSE to an attack...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

On the BBC at least they're reporting that Europe is divided on the invasion. Radio 4 went on to list countries who do not support it. Britain and France and some others I forgot.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

According to the Law of War, which HAMAS dont accept anyway, it is the obligation of all parties to ensure civilians are not put into harms way. That both parties will not target civilians

Should Party A compel Party B to target Party A's civilians for a valid military objective, then the responsibility for their deaths is on Party A.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

--And Pepsi

I have no idea what point you guys are trying to make.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by VinceP1974

Law of war ??? Who are you trying to kid with that ?
Law of war, between two sovereign nations, maybe, but that is far from the case.

You're trying to figure out who in europe supports that action and who doesn't. It seems so pointless when i see what kind of arguments are beeing thrown in here.
With israeli elections coming in six weeks, the government in place beeing a coalition for lack of better terms, I fail to see where you can put any legitimacy at all in all this.
If a fake interim government is allowed to put its country at war like this then there's no hope at all.
This has got nothing to do with the rockets, it's purely political, so is the blabber in europe and elsewhere.
Once again, logic fails.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Law of war ??? Who are you trying to kid with that ?
Law of war, between two sovereign nations, maybe, but that is far from the case.

You're trying to figure out who in europe supports that action and who doesn't. It seems so pointless when i see what kind of arguments are beeing thrown in here.
With israeli elections coming in six weeks, the government in place beeing a coalition for lack of better terms, I fail to see where you can put any legitimacy at all in all this.
If a fake interim government is allowed to put its country at war like this then there's no hope at all.
This has got nothing to do with the rockets, it's purely political, so is the blabber in europe and elsewhere.
Once again, logic fails.

So you're saying International Law doesn't apply? That's a new one.

And to correct you, I'm not looking to see who supports Israel. I already suspect very few will. The only time the EU or its nations say anything is when the wretched Palestinians get the deserved retribution for something they've done.

HAMAS has been firing rockets at Sderot almost every day for 3 years. Israel did nothing.

I dont recall anyone giving a damn all this time. Only now that Israel has struck back is it an emergency.

Almost every day they had to deal with this.. for years.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Sorry, but I am done trying to put sense into people like you. It's my fault, but I only just noticed your other threads where you try and justify a war against all arabs.

The ones that quote the bible, saying that god wrote it (without providing any proof) and preach the end times are no better than the ones throwing those rockets.

You're just another religious fundamentalist, but since your t-shirt color is more fashionable, you think it makes it right.

Murder isn't right, it's against the basic laws, murder won't get you in heaven, mass murder much less.

While you keep on defending more murders and violence, the confrontation of civilisations, apartheid, walls etc. I'll just

May "God" bless tree-huggers and smite war mongers.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
1917 marks the year that GBR "gave" the nation of Palestine to Jews who over time over ran the place. Now it is known as Israel and the indigenous population has been herded into to small killing fields. This is similar to what the Europeans did to the Native Americans (had their own names and titles). This is also similar to what Hitler did to the Jews, Pols, etc. This is also similar to what the English did to the American colonists except that in the end the New Worlders defended themselves well enough for the British to give up.

These days in America it has been said that the founding fathers were terrorists by numerous "Officials" and to me the Palestinians represent "The Resistance" hoping for a miracle that they can get their land back or at least hand out a little pay back. Imagine living in a slum while under occupation control and if that is not bad enough being driven to suicide with no place to go.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha_Magnum
1917 marks the year that GBR "gave" the nation of Palestine to Jews who over time over ran the place.

1917? What, the Balfour Declaration? That wasn't when Israel was created. In fact, the British were subject to terrorist attacks by the Jews for another 30 years before we'd had enough and the UN created Israel in 1947.

This is also similar to what the English did to the American colonists except that in the end the New Worlders defended themselves well enough for the British to give up.

No, it isn't similar in the slightest. Oh, and don't confuse English with British.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

1917 marks the year that GBR "gave" the nation of Palestine to Jews who over time over ran the place. Now it is known as Israel and the indigenous population has been herded into to small killing fields. This is similar to what the Europeans did to the Native Americans (had their own names and titles). This is also similar to what Hitler did to the Jews, Pols, etc. This is also similar to what the English did to the American colonists except that in the end the New Worlders defended themselves well enough for the British to give up.

There was always a Jewish population in Israel , the area was never completely without Jews. And Jerusalem has had a Jewish majority population since sometime in the 1800s.

Arabs never called themselves “Palestinians” until the 1960s. before that all their moaning was about destroying Jewish Israel.. not freeing Palestine from occupation because Pre 67 Israel was not considered to be occupying anything. In fact before the 1960s when people talked about Palestinians, they were referring to Jews.

“Palestinian nationalism” is a ruse for their jihad. Jihad is the fundamental reason the Arabs reject the existance of Israel.

This is from a review of a new book "1948"

The bleak bottom line, as far as historian Benny Morris is concerned, is that it's us or them.

The bleak emphasis, underlined in the concluding chapter of his new book, 1948: A History of the First Arab-Israeli War, is that we should have realized this all along, but are only now, after 60 years, internalizing it.
"Remember another thing," he went on at the time. "The Arab people gained a large slice of the planet. Not thanks to its skills or its great virtues, but because it conquered and murdered and forced those it conquered to convert during many generations. But in the end the Arabs have 22 states. The Jewish people did not have even one state. There was no reason in the world why it should not have one state. Therefore, from my point of view, the need to establish this state in this place overcame the injustice that was done to the Palestinians by uprooting them."

Many, if not most, in the Arab world, he writes, viewed the war against Israel's establishment as a holy war.

He recalls, for instance, the Muslim Brotherhood declaring in 1938 that "To fight for Palestine was the 'inescapable obligation on every Muslim.'"

He quotes King Ibn Sa'ud of Saudi Arabia telling US president Franklin Roosevelt, in a letter five years later, that Palestine "has been an Arab country since the dawn of history and... was never inhabited by Jews for more than a period of time, during which their history in the land was full of murder and cruelty... [There is] religious hostility... between the Muslims and the Jews from the beginning of Islam... which arose from the treacherous conduct of the Jews towards Islam and the Muslims and their prophet."

He notes that the mufti of Egypt in 1948 "issued a fatwa positing jihad in Palestine as the duty of all Muslims."

In short, he insists, "The jihadi impulse underscored both popular and governmental responses in the Arab world" to the UN's partition resolution and was "central to the mobilization of the 'street' and the [Arab] governments for the successive onslaughts of November-December 1947 and May-June 1948."

As for the Palestinians, from the start, "the clash with the Zionists was a zero-sum game. The Palestinian national movement's leader during the 1920s, 1930s, and 1940s, Haj Amin al-Husseini, consistently rejected territorial compromise and espoused a solution to the Palestine problem that posited all of Palestine as an Arab state and allowed for a Jewish minority composed only of those who had lived in the country before 1914."

www.jpost.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Correct 1917 marks the year that Britain "gave" or "allowed" the mass immigration of Jews to the occupied (by the British) land of Palestine. From there the Jewish settlers over ran the country. The Jews were quick to herd the indigenous population into ever decreasing areas. It is not that Palestine became Israel in 1917 it in name didn't. Jewish people moved in mass (thousands at a time). Later on the Jews decided that they were in charge and did exactly what the American Colonists did to the indigenous population in the USA.

Didn't any of you ever even watch Lawrence of Arabia?

With the front-line in Palestine crippled by the work of Feisal and Lawrence, General Allenby's force of British, Australian and Indian troops pushed their way out of Egypt and headed north past Gaza.

Essentially, Britain's global domination lay at the root of everything and that is all there is to it! Those of you that believe that WW1 was about the Arch Duke Ferdinand have no clue. Mesopotamia was then the contest and 100's of thousands of British troops were sent there. Why? The Germans and British were converting their navies to OIL from COAL. Vast oil reserves were discovered in Mesopotamia and both sides wanted it. Surely someone here realizes that the British Empire lay at the root of just about EVERYTHING.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by Alpha_Magnum]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumasonIn fact, the British were subject to terrorist attacks by the Jews for another 30 years before we'd had enough and the UN created Israel in 1947.

So, what were the "British" doing there exactly? What were you guys doing in India? What were the British doing in Canada?

Why pillaging, stealing, taking and killing people that stood between the resources and land they wanted to conquest. Trade routes built by slaves for the British to play sea and land pirate and take the resources and whatever else they wanted.

The UN was created after WW2 and this was merely a continuation of the 1st WW. The British or English people like the USA essentially ran the UN. So, in 47 there was a new wave of Jews that added to the takeover of Palestine. Essentially your historical view is slighted to the point that you consider your violent, pirate islanders (the British) to be the great heroes and do gooders of the world.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The EU President has no, none, nada what so ever voice for the entirety of the union. Definatly not the voice of the people of the union.

Don't even think in the slightest that the EU President is anything like the US president in terms of power over the union. Its a figurehead that only stays in power for 6 months or so.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Correct 1917 marks the year that Britain "gave" or "allowed" the mass immigration of Jews to the occupied (by the British) land of Palestine. From there the Jewish settlers over ran the country. The Jews were quick to herd the indigenous population into ever decreasing areas. It is not that Palestine became Israel in 1917 it in name didn't. Jewish people moved in mass (thousands at a time). Later on the Jews decided that they were in charge and did exactly what the American Colonists did to the indigenous population in the USA.

Didn't any of you ever even watch Lawrence of Arabia?

With the front-line in Palestine crippled by the work of Feisal and Lawrence, General Allenby's force of British, Australian and Indian troops pushed their way out of Egypt and headed north past Gaza.

Essentially, Britain's global domination lay at the root of everything and that is all there is to it! Those of you that believe that WW1 was about the Arch Duke Ferdinand have no clue. Mesopotamia was then the contest and 100's of thousands of British troops were sent there. Why? The Germans and British were converting their navies to OIL from COAL. Vast oil reserves were discovered in Mesopotamia and both sides wanted it. Surely someone here realizes that the British Empire lay at the root of just about EVERYTHING.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by Alpha_Magnum]

I"m aware of the history. I didn't see any thing factual that you said that was incorrect.

It was fasscist American president Wilson who prevented the Allies from doing a more thorough conquering of the Ottoman Empire. As a consequence the European Power shut Wislon out of the conferences that created the post-Ottoman Middle East.

Up to that point and a little afterwards America had a great reputation of being the Non-Imperialist Western Power.

The worst thing in the world was for us to become the Western Superpower Post-WWII.

We're too naive, too historically ignorant, too idealistic to navigate the world's problem effectively.

Europe had thrust its way into all the corners of the globe and then decided to commit suicide and left their mess to us.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join