It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That mystery beam of light

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by stewartw2
reply to post by majestictwo

A-the beam of light was traced to Exmouth..not Geraldton-by the Australian UFO research group
B-Another plane had the same prooblem this week-the third-in the vicinity check out the news
c-The US Airforce run learmonth solar observatory is a very clandestine facility, as mentioned in the article it monitors the upper atmosphere and meteors, yet is down the road from the bare RAAF base and the US-Boeing run Naval comms station-if you don't think somethings going on in this place your eyes are shut!

[edit on 3-1-2009 by stewartw2]

You know I said earlier I don't believe in coincidence I almost said it would be real suspicious if there was a third incident

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
That's right, as I said, I don't dismiss, it's just not convincing me.

If the acceleration had to be greater still than my calculations, then the 200m figure ought to be underestimated, however the 3 links you post report the same descent.

To add up to it, if indeed the acceleration would be greater than 10g, even over short period of time, that would have likely damaged the airplane structure in itself. Nothing like that is reported, the only damage shown is on the inside of the passengers cabin (from the people said to have been thrown up in the air). The airliners are not made to sustain high g forces (or acceleration rather).

Reckonning that gravity is lower in altitude is true, but not significantly (if I remember correctly, it is less than 5% lower than on the ground at an altitude of 15km, i.e. 50,000 feet).

As you say, maybe something is fishy

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

Did you watch he vid and see he damage. The plane must have belly dropped a dive woulnt do that would it?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
[Edit]
[Originally posted by majestictwo

Did you watch he vid and see he damage. The plane must have belly dropped a dive woulnt do that would it?

Yes indeed, read above.
[Edit end]

A strange idea popped in my head...

Without going too much into details (this is of course pure speculation): that "beam" could be a "gravity" beam, some sort of gravity distorting beam, in which case, it could artificially "increase" gravity locally, hence "pulling" the plane downwards. The lift generated by the plane's wings would not be sufficient locally to ensure its altitude is constant, which could mess up the auto pilot program. With this in mind, the calculations above stay valid, but the value of gravity has to be modified according to the additional downwards pull generated by that potential beam. This would mean that in fact, the whole plane and its passengers would endure a local gravity stronger than normal. The acceleration produced by this beam is totally speculative.

It would have to be established firstly that indeed some gravity devices are tested or in use in that place. I guess that is close to impossible...

[edit on 3-1-2009 by SpookyVince]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

Yep that’s an idea, but the reports were that it climbed then dived. Could something have been above the aircraft that utilised gravity? would that not push it down?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
here is a link to the current ATSB report for the airplane incident that hopefully might clear a few things up.

ATSB Investigation Report - PDF
www.atsb.gov.au...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

A-the beam of light was traced to Exmouth..not Geraldton-by the Australian UFO research group
B-Another plane had the same prooblem this week-the third-in the vicinity check out the news
c-The US Airforce run learmonth solar observatory is a very clandestine facility, as mentioned in the article it monitors the upper atmosphere and meteors, yet is down the road from the bare RAAF base and the US-Boeing run Naval comms station-if you don't think somethings going on in this place your eyes are shut!

[edit on 3-1-2009 by stewartw2]

stewartw2;
Can you post the link to the news of the third incident please

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

The -- article has all the links mostly govt. Within the Solar Obs is a Magnetic Observatory -the magnetic observatory stated goal in planetary defense-www.ips.gov.au...

it was set up by S. Pete Warden of the NASA Ames research centre-as the above aust gov link mentions-whos stated goal is search for life outside earth-amongst other things.

getting interesting huh

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

The -- article has all the links mostly govt. Within the Solar Obs is a Magnetic Observatory -the magnetic observatory stated goal in planetary defense-www.ips.gov.au...

it was set up by S. Pete Warden of the NASA Ames research centre-as the above aust gov link mentions-whos stated goal is search for life outside earth-amongst other things.

getting interesting huh

Yes I’m interested as are you. I wish I understood the math’s of the gravity issue better. Spookvince did calcs earlier but you really need two people to cross reference there calcs together.

If you read the ATSB report there were in fact two dives rather than a climb and a dive. The first at 8.4 degrees nose down for 650ft and the second at 3.5 degrees nose down for 400ft.

The dive resulted in 0.8g, yet the video surely indicates a much more violent decent, people injured in such a way and that ceiling smashed, presumably with people hitting it. At this point I don’t know if 0.8g would do that or how many g would be required to do that.

If 0.8g is not enough to do that than its time to investigate the mysteries below like the VLF base, the so called the magnetic observatory and let’s not forget “That Beam of Light”

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gaderel
I take that back

Here is theATSB Report

Cheers for that report, I think it goes to show that the incident in 2005 has nothing to do with the incident in 2008.

Firstly, the malfunction occurred 240km NW of Perth, in which case they turned around and landed back at Perth (Perth is over 1000 km away from the Harold E Holt base). They were never near the base.

Secondly, As the report states the ADIRU was reporting an internal failure since 31 May 2005 until the day of the incident on the 1 August 2005.

The documentation also indicated that from 31 May 2005 until the time of the occurrence, a MM 34-20010 (ADIRU internal failure) was being logged on the on board maintenance computer.

3 months of error messages being logged before the ADIRU failed.
it appears it was on it's way out for some time.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Extract from the ATSB report (p. 17):

Contributing safety factors
– An anomaly existed in the component software hierarchy that allowed inputs
from a known faulty accelerometer to be processed by the air data inertial
reference unit (ADIRU) and used by the primary flight computer, autopilot
and other aircraft systems.

I stick with my calculations. Something "fishy" is not impossible, but there it may have been.

Edit:
p.30 reveals that actually the problem was mainly in rising rather than "falling":

At the same time, the aircraft’s slip/skid indication deflected to the full right position on the Primary Flight Display (PFD). The PFD speed tape then indicated that the aircraft was approaching the overspeed limit and the stall speed simultaneously. The aircraft reportedly pitched up and climbed to approximately FL 410 and the indicated airspeed decreased from 270 kts to 158 kts. The stall warning and stick shaker devices reportedly also activated.

For all it seems reading that report, a faulty ADIRU would be the main cause.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by SpookyVince]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo
If 0.8g is not enough to do that than its time to investigate the mysteries below like the VLF base, the so called the magnetic observatory and let’s not forget “That Beam of Light”

The link between the VLF base and it effecting the ADIRU is stretching it I believe, see my post above regarding the first supposed incident in 2005, the report shows it has been faulty for some time before it fully failed.

The "so called magnetic observatory" is just that.

Learmonth Solar Observatory (LSO) is located on the North West Cape of Western Australia at approximate coordinates 22 degrees south and 114 degrees east. Established in 1979, it is jointly managed by the US and Australian governments. It is staffed by four different organisations - the US Air Force Weather Agency, the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the USAF 15th Communications Squadron (Maintenance), and the Australian IPS Radio and Space Services. It is a real-time space weather patrol observatory that monitors the near space environment. Two principal solar observatories, one hosting a suite of solar radio telescopes, and the other hosting an optical solar telescope, are on site. Ionospheric and geomagnetic sensors provide information on the geoeffectivenes of solar activity.

Source

Here is its coordinates: 22°13'9.25"S 114° 6'9.98"E

I would love to know how this place is a hazard to aircraft?

Now you mention the "beam of light" As I've stated before there is no way to show where exactly it came from and which base did it come from? Harold E Holt? All it has is antennas.

The Solar observatory? All that has is a bunch of telescopes.

The secret base at Geraldton? All that has are satellite tracking dishes.
coordinates here: 28°41'40.95"S 114°50'31.60"E

I don't see any links here, let alone any 'coincidences' relating the NASA footage and the planes losing altitude.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

3. Our governments can hide anything from us and to be honest the truth is probably best left to them. The moment you find the truth, you will probably whimper in the corner sucking your thumb.

tho i agree with ur initial statements, i cannot agree to this

i would NOT act like that lol

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Originally posted by majestictwo

The "so called magnetic observatory" is just that.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Chadwickus]

YOu might like to look at this: www.ips.gov.au...

This si a government website-nothing 'so-called' about it!

or this: swdcwww.kugi.kyoto-u.ac.jp...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by stewartw2

books.google.com.au... =en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=2&ct=result

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
If you take all these circumstantial phenomena to the limit (or beyond) plus a whole bunch of belief and supposition, the implication is that the USAF + RAAF appear to have a working planetary tracking and defense against ET intruders.

This makes me feel both terrified (the fact that it would be necessary) and a little better (that there's something we could do about it).

[edit on 4-1-2009 by mbkennel]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by stewartw2

I already linked to the first site, seems fairly transparent to me, I note nothing of suspicion. Can you point out why you believe it is of suspicion?

I'm unsure why you have linked to the second link, care to point out what you want to be read?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
If you take all these circumstantial phenomena to the limit (or beyond) plus a whole bunch of belief and supposition, the implication is that the USAF + RAAF appear to have a working planetary tracking and defense against ET intruders.

This makes me feel both terrified (the fact that it would be necessary) and a little better (that there's something we could do about it).

Stay tuned to this thread you don’t know how close you are!
Don’t try to separate the US and Australia there is a bond that transcends governments but that’s another thread another day.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

You said:- I would love to know how this place is a hazard to aircraft? Now you mention the "beam of light" As I've stated before there is no way to show where exactly it came from and which base did it come from? Harold E Holt? All it has is antennas.

This is true; however if we can eliminate all the impossibilities we are left with the possibilities. Is it just possible that there is something else in this area that we don’t know about. You said “All it has is antennas” but if you wanted to hide a big ray gun or whatever it is in a government installation you hide it in something similar. The installations in this area are not coincidental they may be separated to look that way but nothing is coincidental with the military. To top it off both are supported by a substantial runway system the bees knees for heavy cargo perhaps.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join