It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That mystery beam of light

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Please read the article in this link before continuing

Read First

Continue on:-
All coordinates are Google Earth

The Airbus A330 landed here at the RAAF Base Learmonth. It is a base located near the town of Exmouth on the north-west coast of Western Australia. Strange how a base only “caretaker run” had runways in good enough order let alone with thick enough concrete to land an Airbus.
22 14 05S 114 05E

Snip from article you just read:-

“The video shows a bright UFO travelling near earth’s atmosphere and then two energy beams shooting from earth towards the craft making it turn 180 degrees and travel away from earth at incredible speed, one beam has been confirmed to have come from Exmouth.”

I guess we all remember that one?
Funny how the Harold E Holt Naval Communications Station is in the same place that that beam of light came from - did it come from here.
21 48 59S 114 09 56E

Harold E Holt Naval Communications Station that is radio relay station passing VLF messages between Australian and United States ships and submarines in the Indian and Western Pacific oceans.

This may be the other installation in the same area talked about in the article.
21°53'11.93"S 114° 7'51.92"E and 21°54'34"S 114° 7'54"E

I wonder is more is going on in this neck of the woods than meets the eye. Just look how close everything is situated then zoom out to the whole of Australia to see where this place is located. Nicely surrounded by water and easy to secure by land.

Well what do you guys think?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

The plane climbed 60m before pitching down and plunging 200m in a terrifying 20 seconds in an uncommanded manoeuvre.

Passengers were pinned to the ceiling and flung throughout the craft. There were 74 injuries, some relatively serious.

200 meters in 20 seconds... That's 600 meters per minute, so roughly 2000 feet per minute. While I agree that it is a fairly high climb/descent rate, it is nothing to send people flying around in the plane. Typical rates are about 500 to 800 feet per minute, and are usually barely impossible to feel.

Of course, a sudden change in a climb (or descent) rate is something that is felt by the passengers. But I am certain that anything that would actually send people flying in the plane, up to point where several would be seriously injured, would have been causing damage to the plane.

IMO the article is sensasionalist, and it gives no source at all. I don't dismiss the fact that something may have happened, but I'd like to see that news somewhere else too...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

Apologies I shouldn’t have assumed everyone had heard of this

link

link

A search will find more

[edit on 3-1-2009 by majestictwo]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
This has already been discussed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Australia has a few US bases, Pine Gap being the most notable, all are heavily classified and all have a great deal of folklore surrounding them regarding their true purpose.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
This is what I believe..........

1. The universe is far to great to not sustain other intelligent life.

2. Technology is only time dependent, so light speed, warp speed, will eventually come, even if we do not believe in it today. There was once a time when we believed the earth was flat, its not, so anything is possible.

3. Our governments can hide anything from us and to be honest the truth is probably best left to them. The moment you find the truth, you will probably whimper in the corner sucking your thumb.

So after years of reading theories and weird stories I have decided its better smile and know some day the truth will be unavoidable, until then I sit back and smile, while looking at the stars.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince

The plane climbed 60m before pitching down and plunging 200m in a terrifying 20 seconds in an uncommanded manoeuvre.

Passengers were pinned to the ceiling and flung throughout the craft. There were 74 injuries, some relatively serious.

200 meters in 20 seconds... That's 600 meters per minute, so roughly 2000 feet per minute. While I agree that it is a fairly high climb/descent rate, it is nothing to send people flying around in the plane. Typical rates are about 500 to 800 feet per minute, and are usually barely impossible to feel.

Of course, a sudden change in a climb (or descent) rate is something that is felt by the passengers. But I am certain that anything that would actually send people flying in the plane, up to point where several would be seriously injured, would have been causing damage to the plane.

IMO the article is sensasionalist, and it gives no source at all. I don't dismiss the fact that something may have happened, but I'd like to see that news somewhere else too...

Or calculating the other way =10m per second or 5m per .5second.Pretty sure you'd be busted up some thrown around like that.IMO
cheers

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gaderel
This has already been discussed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Australia has a few US bases, Pine Gap being the most notable, all are heavily classified and all have a great deal of folklore surrounding them regarding their true purpose.

That’s not quite true !!! – sure the aircraft dive incident was discussed before but take note of the thread title. This it is not specifically about the aircraft incident otherwise I would have put it in the title. Just in case people didn’t bother to read the article fully I placed the relevant clip in my post.

Here it is again…

“The video shows a bright UFO travelling near earth’s atmosphere and then two energy beams shooting from earth towards the craft making it turn 180 degrees and travel away from earth at incredible speed, one beam has been confirmed to have come from Exmouth.”

Here is the UFO vid that the article suggests is a beam fired this region

vid link

If you check out the coordinates in Google Earth you will see where the suspicious beam originated from.

Hope this is starting to make some sense now

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo

Please read the article in this link before continuing

Read First

Continue on:-
All coordinates are Google Earth

The Airbus A330 landed here at the RAAF Base Learmonth. It is a base located near the town of Exmouth on the north-west coast of Western Australia. Strange how a base only “caretaker run” had runways in good enough order let alone with thick enough concrete to land an Airbus.
22 14 05S 114 05E

Learmonth is a joint civil/military base, just because it doesn't have any squadrons assigned to it doesn't mean it can't take larger aircraft.

For the record the runway is 3000m long, plenty of room for a A330. (as we know)

Snip from article you just read:-

I guess we all remember that one?
Funny how the Harold E Holt Naval Communications Station is in the same place that that beam of light came from - did it come from here.
21 48 59S 114 09 56E

No, the beam of light was supposed to have come from the base in Geraldton, apparently the footage was shot over Western Australia and someone obviously decided that since there is a military base in the vicinity it must be what 'shot' at the UFO. A ridiculous leap at best.

Harold E Holt Naval Communications Station that is radio relay station passing VLF messages between Australian and United States ships and submarines in the Indian and Western Pacific oceans.

This may be the other installation in the same area talked about in the article.
21°53'11.93"S 114° 7'51.92"E and 21°54'34"S 114° 7'54"E

I wonder is more is going on in this neck of the woods than meets the eye. Just look how close everything is situated then zoom out to the whole of Australia to see where this place is located. Nicely surrounded by water and easy to secure by land.

Well what do you guys think?

There is nothing there that could disrupt an aircraft's computer, pretty sure that was discussed in the thread Gaderal linked to.

The article is pure speculation in all honesty.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nadsonurchin

Or calculating the other way =10m per second or 5m per .5second.Pretty sure you'd be busted up some thrown around like that.IMO
cheers

The aircraft dive is not the main incident it possibly a result of an accident from an energy beam – so the theory goes. See my earlier post that has the video .

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Chadwickus - I absolutely agree pure speculation what else could you expect from an article of this nature. I don't agree there is nothing that can disrupt a computer, sure there is nothing seemingly there that could do that but we don't know everything that’s going on. If indeed there have been two aircraft suffer similar circumstances you have to wonder. Personally I just don't buy coincidence.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I truely doubt there is enough information in that video to get anything more than a "rough guess" at the source of the incoming fire. It could just as easily have originated from a ship at sea, an airborne delivery platform, or a low orbit space platform.

Chadwickus: I agree that the interference from Holt is just speculation, but it was a solid enough theory for the ATSB to investigate.

www.smh.com.au..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.smh.com.au...

According to the ATSB, they should have an prelim report out in mid February, which will no doubt, tell us nothing. ATSB

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaderel

Have you any info on the Malaysia Airlines Flight 124 - did it happen was it in the same place? I haven't found anything.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Just this. Ive found nothing on the ATSB site regarding it, so it may have been investigated by Malay Authorities.

Wall Street Journal

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I take that back

Here is theATSB Report

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nadsonurchin
cheers

Or calculating the other way = 36km/h (22.37mph). Nothing to be busted, everybody does it everyday in their car.

Of course, a sudden change in a climb (or descent) rate is something that is felt by the passengers.

I thought I was clear. It's the acceleration that matters. If it were the speed, nobody would survive a plane trip!

Talking of the acceleration:

1. If we assume that the 200m in 20 seconds are done one half accelerating constantly, the other half decelerating constantly, this gives a vertical acceleration of:
v = 0 (the plane is level, so no initial vertical speed)
The distance travelled during a constant acceleration a is:

d0 is unimportant here.
d=100m
So:
100 = 0 * 10 + ( a * 10² ) /2
100 = 50 a
a = 2 m/s²
Just for insight, the gravity is 9.81m/s² roughly. So that vertical acceleration is not so terrible...

2. If we assume that the vertical acceleration was done in just 1 second, 18 seconds of constant descent, then 1 second of vertical deceleration:
We have 3 things then:
a) the distance traveled during the 1 second of acceleration
b) the distance traveled during the 18 other seconds, at a constant speed
c) the distance traveled during the 1 second of deceleration
We then have this:
a1 = the acceleration (which is also the opposite of the deceleration)
a2 = 0 (constant speed)
v is the vertical speed during the descent
200 = [ 0*1 + (a1*1²)/2 ] + [ v*18 + (a2*18²)/2 ] + [ v*1 + (-a1*1²)/2 ]
200 = [ a1/2 ] + [ 18v ] + [ v - (-a1)/2 ]
200 = a1/2 + 19v - a1/2
200 = 19v
v = 10.53 m/s
That speed is obtained in a 1 second time, thus:
a = speed / time
a = 10.53 / 1
a = 10.53 m/s² i.e. 1.07g

Just over the gravity. So assuming a very short acceleration time, we still are just over the gravity. This means that really, people weren't "sent flying around in the plane".

This just means that during 1 second, they could feel "lifting" from the seat, but not violently: the acceleration would be around 0.1g upwards in that case, that's not really terrible. In one second, they would reach a speed of:
0.1 = v / 1 ==> v=0.1m/s which means that they couldn't have travelled more than 10 centimeters during the 1 second downwards acceleration. During the descent, they're still weighing their weight (1g), and the same deceleration when "stopping".

No, sorry, that's not a terrible acceleration. If the article is correct, I'm really surprised that 74 people were wounded.

Extreme case:
If the acceleration would have taken 0.1 second instead, the acceleration would be in the range of 10g, which indeed is quite bad, but it lasts only 0.1 second, which is a real short time. In itself, the acceleration is hard to stand, but the time it lasts is quite short.
The speed, however, becomes in the range of 1m/s. They still travel roughly 10 centimeters during that 0.1 second.

This leaves me totally unconvinced.

[Edit]
Just to be clear:
in 1. I have assumed that the acceleration would be constant. In that case then, the downards acceleration perceived would be: 9.81 - 2 = 7.81, which is indeed less than gravity. But for one to "lift" from their standing (or sitting) place, they would need a vertical acceleration upwards. While that downwards acceleration is lower than the gravity itself, they'd still remain sit on their seats.

in 2. I have assumed a 1 second acceleration. In this case, the downards acceleration perceived would be 9.81 - 10.53 = -0.72 m/s², which is an acceleration upwards. It is a really very small acceleration, as numbers above show. They would indeed feel a small pull upwards though.

Just wanted to add this for clarity.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by SpookyVince]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Of more interest is the Solar Observatory-run by the US Air Force and with meteor tracking and upper atmosphere monitoring capabilities in Exmouth too.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Take a look at this

It suggest something more than your calcs I'm not saying your wrong if your not wrong then something is fishy

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

A-the beam of light was traced to Exmouth..not Geraldton-by the Australian UFO research group
B-Another plane had the same prooblem this week-the third-in the vicinity check out the news
c-The US Airforce run learmonth solar observatory is a very clandestine facility, as mentioned in the article it monitors the upper atmosphere and meteors, yet is down the road from the bare RAAF base and the US-Boeing run Naval comms station-if you don't think somethings going on in this place your eyes are shut!

[edit on 3-1-2009 by stewartw2]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

SpookyVince - cetaily take your point. The damage to the roof is considerable if those holes were made by people the downward acceleration must have been something. For the aircraft to take a nose dive wouldn’t do this I’m thinking. It’s like the thing belly dropped only faster than gravity.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stewartw2

Can you provide some sources for these claims?

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join