It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me choose a phone . . . (please?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Gday all! I reckon Ive gone long enough without a phone after my mobile was stolen a few months ago. But my problem is I can't decide which one I want. I would usually just get a Motorola phone off the net, unlocked so I could use whatever network I wanted, but Motorola phones break easily, and I want something different. There are way too many options, so I'm hoping the regulars of BTS can help me out.
Basically, I'm looking for a stylish, thin flip phone. Doesn't need a camera or a music player, and cheap is a must. I have very little money, unfortunately. I like the design of the Motorola V6 and V9, for example.
If anyone has an idea, please post!
Cheers, wtr

[edit on 3/1/2009 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I would say the best bet would be to go to your providers web page and start browsing. When I was looking there was a little box that helped me choose the price range. After that, I just looked for the best looking phone with the features I wanted. I'm a big fan of Samsung right now, I've had a few and they were great. Every Samsung I had was bulletproof, I dropped them in water, drop them down the stairs they always still worked. Just don't get the T-Mobile Dash! Horrible phones. That and the Razor, hated the Razors I had.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Raustin]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

I've got the Motorola V3 I think...the original slick flip. They sell them as "pay as you go phones" now for about $90 and if you're on AT&T as a provider already, you can just slip your SIM card in there and it's compliant.

Toss a nice case cover on that sucker and it's good to go. She's been good to me, but I'm not a total phone person either so....hope that helps somewhat.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Thanks fellow ATSers!

I've had the V3. On Motorola phones the cord that connects the phone to the LCD screen always breaks, which is a hassle. Plus I actually dont have a provider, I just get a phone and stick a prepaid sim in it.
But I think I'll take your advice about Samsungs, Raustin. Bulletproof phones are always handy.

top topics

join