It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt and Jordan crack down on anti-Israel rallies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Egypt and Jordan crack down on anti-Israel rallies

uk.reuters.com

Jordanian and Egyptian riot police cracked down on Friday on protesters demanding an end to Israel's attacks on Gaza and to ties with the Jewish state.

Israel's week-old offensive has sparked daily protests around the world and Friday, the Muslim day of prayer, also saw angry demonstrations in Kashmir, Turkey and Iraq.

Jordanian police fired tear gas to push back hundreds of people marching on the Israeli embassy in the capital Amman.

Chanting "No Jewish embassy on Arab land," worshippers set off from a mosque to the nearby Israeli embassy. Police fired tear gas at around 1,500 demonstrators, forcing them to retreat, and beat and arrested several of them.

Protesters chanted slogans backing the Islamic militant group Hamas that controls Gaza. "Revenge ... revenge ... Hamas, bomb Tel Aviv," they shouted.

Watched by riot police, at least 60,000 people headed later to Amman sports stadium for the largest rally in decades by the opposition Muslim Brotherhood. Its leader told a cheering crowd Palestinians should intensify an uprising against Israel.

In Cairo, police beat opposition Islamists with batons when they tried to stage a rally downtown, witnesses said.

A rally in the costal town of El-Arish in North Sinai turned violent when protesters tried to force their way through a police cordon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Don't you just love Israel's allies?

I don't mind people protesting peacefully, but is it really necessary to continue the revenge theme? When will both sides realize that the revenge factor is doing neither side any good? I think all of these protesters should be lobbying their governments to find a peace solution. Instead they prefer to risk getting their heads beat in by their own government forces for causing chaos in the streets. One thing is for sure, police brutality will be on the rise as the Gaza crisis continues. Although I seriously doubt the world will condemn it unless, of course, Israel is the one committing the brutality.

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Just another thread to show that the middle East criticism belongs to Israel. Just substitute Egypt and Jordan with the word Israel and substitute the word Israel with Palestinian and this thread would fill up fast.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Just another thread to show that the middle East criticism belongs to Israel. Just substitute Egypt and Jordan with the word Israel and substitute the word Israel with Palestinian and this thread would fill up fast.

Why, is there another country bombing the Palestinians to heck? Have others entered the turkey shoot to eliminate the the people of Gaza?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Mason, good to hear from ya.

Does people condoning what is happening counts? And how are shouts for revenge going to bring peace to the region?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It's amazing that the palestinians are suffering for food and basic needs but Hamas has NO TROUBLE recieving updated weaponery from Iran.
I can virtually guarantee that if one of those rockets hits the Dimona facility and causes ANY type of fallout, this will escalate QUICKLY and possibly with nuclear ramifications on Iran. Hamas needs to tread lightly ....VERY lightly.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I thought people were demonstrating about the slaughter going on now. Are they demanding revenge already. Most likely they want warwar not jawjaw.

Me, I would like to see a war crimes trial with various zionists on the dock and freedom for the Palestinians, the right of the return and complete disarmament of Israel. The US can build basis in Israel and protect it; this would be cheaper for the US taxpayer too.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
What you are looking at is the way that American politics influence the certain nations in the middle east into keeping their face turn to the other side while Palestine is massacre.

Money and been able and allowed to own a piece of America comes with a big price.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I'm sure Hamas doesn't merit to be charged with war crimes, to be disarmed, or to allow Israelis to live in peace.

Yeah right.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

I'm sure Hamas doesn't merit to be charged with war crimes, to be disarmed, or to allow Israelis to live in peace.

Yeah right.

Fateh is the organisation in Gaza that should be charged with warcrimes against the Palestinian civilians....Israel and fateh have already prveiously colluded to recieve arms and ammunition paid for by Israel and shipped via Egypt, it is Fateh militants who are supplying targetting information to the IDF, and for the sole reason that they wish Hamas to be eradicated by Israel so they can enact a deal struck between Mahmoud Abbas and the Knesset to divide and steal the oil/gas revenues off the Gazan coast

I'll keep stating this point again and again as it is a very pertinent one and an issue that many have missed and should be looked at deeper

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Both sides are wrong, someone needs to mediate and show them the right way. The U.S. has the power to do that, but instead the U.S. is standing aside and letting hundreds be injured. 3 Israelis getting hurt warrants hundreds in hospitals in Palestine? I don't think so, this has potential to spiral out of control, especially in the light of the world wide economic down turn and the lack of oil revenues. I am slightly concerned that Iran may enter the arena, either directly or vicariously.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Taikonaut

I know you saw me post in other threads that Fatah is dropping dimes on Hamas. So I agree with you on that point. The point I am trying here is that everybody is supposedly asking for peace in this region yet the protesters are out screaming for revenge. There is no chance for peace as long as you have people wanting revenge.

There are a lot of forces at play here with individual goals in mind. Unfortunately too many people are too busy criticizing to realize that. Keep sounding the alarm.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
It's amazing that the palestinians are suffering for food and basic needs but Hamas has NO TROUBLE recieving updated weaponery from Iran.
I can virtually guarantee that if one of those rockets hits the Dimona facility and causes ANY type of fallout, this will escalate QUICKLY and possibly with nuclear ramifications on Iran. Hamas needs to tread lightly ....VERY lightly.

WOW
where do you live?

does america invest in it's people more or in war?

this is hypocrisy!

bailouts, they ROB you
and you give comments like this?

war profiteerign, subsidized by YOUR money and the money of your kids
and you give such a comment?

when will people wake up?

have I entered the Twilight Zone......... AGAINNNNNNNNNN?????????

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
No but I can discerne between the Palestinians and Hamas. You seem to think that Palestinians ALL agree with what Hamas or Hezbollah do. You my friend need to take off the 2 side goggles and realize that there are forces behind this. It's people that only see Muslim vs. Jew that are infact ignorant of the situation. The Palestinian people voted to elect Hamas because they did the same thing politicians do here...greased the palms...now they are suffering for it. But thank you for proving the point that ignorance runs on both sides.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Modern, I wouldn't be too concerned where Americans spend their money. After all, it isn't yours.

And we invest in what we want. We go where we want. We do what we want.

Ever notice?

The requirement for Islam to struggle until all religion is for Allah only guarantees that there will never, ever be peace between Muslims and non-Muslims.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Oh....and by the way I was only refering to the facts of what will happen if...I don't know if you lost money in American markets but save that for an appropriate thread.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Modern, I wouldn't be too concerned where Americans spend their money. After all, it isn't yours.

And we invest in what we want. We go where we want. We do what we want.

incorrect! It's NOT all yours
if affects the whole world
and it very much affects me!
my mother lives in california and i can't even explain what she is experiencing.

and you aren't dying, you are just economically oppressed
people are dying because of how that money is being spent
if affects the entire planet

Originally posted by dooper
The requirement for Islam to struggle until all religion is for Allah only guarantees that there will never, ever be peace between Muslims and non-Muslims.

LOL is what I have to say to your comment
how much you want to bet there will be ALOT more churches in Iraq soon
or non-muslim religious institutions

all for allah?
i'm sorry but muslims DO NOT have over 700 bases in over 140 countries

ever heard of blowback?

ever heard of a comedian called Rusell Peters?
he made a funny skit about how he went to a muslim country
and people weren't at all how the media depicts them

it would be like al-jazeera ONLY reporting on skinheads and rednecks screaming yeeee-hawwww let's go shoot some muslims

seriously, it's time to wake up
ur govt. has been hijacked
your country is being run by mobsters

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I hate to say this and by no means do I mean ANY disrespect to your mother or you, but California IS NOT A CROSS-SECTION OF AMERICA! It is far from that and the sooner people outside this country start realizing that the better.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

wow
Cali was the smallest point of my post that I made

no comment on anything else I mentioned?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Really? have you ever heard the phrase, "money walks and BS walks", well even our so call "Christian nation with mostly Christian government sleeps with the enemy behind closed doors for money".

Funny, but do you know what our whores in Washington are doing while they keep pressuring Americans to keep giving away their tax payer money to bail out the elites?

They are planning to borrow more in our names and children's name from the same Arab nations that we call enemies with the same religious believes that we call "Radical" and despise because they follow Sharia laws.

America is so strap for money that our Traitorous treasury department goes behind close doors to start teaching economics on Sharia finances 101 in order to prepare with the attachments that Arab money is going to have in order for America to be able to survive.

Now how low can our government go and how much we the people are to bend to foreign nations in order to please our corrupted government.

Read if you don't believe it.

Sharia Finance? Obama the door to radical Islam In America?

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

This is what we Americans are facing in the future.

Wake up people America has been sold one piece at a time and now is at the mercy of those that pay the bills.

And here we are debating what is going on in the middle east, just to keeps far away from the realities of the ones that are profiteering from Americas downfall.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join