It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Phosphorus cloud over midlands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Large Phosphorus cloud over midlands

A large Phosphorus white cloud is moving south across the UK from Langley.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ukraine.suite101.com

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This is on the News ticker currently on Sky but so far not on their website. I cannot find anything on BBC etc.

They state police are advising residents to stay indoors and ensure doors and windows are shut.

The cause of the chemical fire is as of yet unknown although emergency services say they have it under-control.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
More info here

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysQuestion

Are you sure that this happened? The link in the opening post gives the incident occuring on july 16, 2007.

On July 16, a train carrying toxic phosphorus derailed in western Ukraine, causing the evacuation of hundreds of people and drawing comparisons to Chernobyl.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
No i can verify this is definitely happened today it was on sky news the last time i saw it was about 20 minutes ago

edit: i have just found this aswell now

www.guardian.co.uk...

West Midlands police are warning people to stay indoors after a large phosphorus cloud was released in a chemical fire at a factory today.

Police are advising residents of the Langley and West Bromwich areas to remain calm but stay inside and keep their doors and windows closed. Motorists have been urged to keep moving and keep windows closed and air vents off.

The cloud, approximately 15 metres by 120 metres, was caused by the fire at Rhodia Consumer Specialities, Trinity Street, Langley, and drifted south towards the M5 along the Wolverhampton Road.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by Anti - Government]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

No, that link is to a similar cloud that happened in the Ukraine. It's just it contained some useful resources to people that are affected (i.e. careful of water, bathing etc.).

Sorry for the confusion.

It's appearing on the BBC website now also.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Also i dont really know much about this or these coulds so if there is some who knows more than me could you please post what direction this cloud is heading because i live in S.Yorkshire so im not too far away from this right now and i wonder if its going to head my way or not

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
here is the article on BBC
link
it is interesting, but i'm glad i'm not anywhere near.

but they are saying it's alright now
source

Rhodia Consumer Specialties' (previously Albright and Wilson) chemical phosphates plant at Widnes produces additives used in food, meat and beverages.

according to wiki

Albright and Wilson was founded in 1856 as a United Kingdom manufacturer of potassium chlorate and white phosphorus for the match industry. For much of its first 100 years of existence, phosphorus-derived chemicals formed the majority of its products.
French company, Rhodia, took over Albright and Wilson in 1999.
In 1999 and 2000 Rhodia acquired Albright and Wilson, a British chemical company and ChiRex, an American specialty pharmaceutical company. However in 2003 Rhodia closed the former Albright and Wilson Phosphates plant based in Whitehaven and sold the remainder of the Surfactant business to the Huntsman Corporation.
In 2003 and 2004, Edouard Stern and Hugues de Lasteyrie filed suit against Rhodia with claims of accounting irregularities. At the time, Thierry Breton was a board member of Rhodia and later, from 2005 to 2007, he was the Minister of the Economy, Finance and Industry (France). Edouard Stern was murdered on March 1, 2005.

Rhodia was originally the chemicals division of Rhône-Poulenc until it was spun off into a separate company in 1998.
In January 1999, Rhône-Poulenc merged with Hoechst AG to form Aventis. In 2004, Aventis went on to merge with Sanofi-Synthélabo forming Sanofi-Aventis, the third largest pharmaceutical company in the world.

The agricultural chemicals division of Rhône-Poulenc, known as Aventis CropScience after the merger with Hoechst, was sold to the German chemical and pharmaceutical company Bayer in 2002. In 1998, the chemicals division of Rhône-Poulenc was spun-off into a separate company named Rhodia.

this Rhodia company isn't so smooth.. article

i've walked a bit off topic, sorry

top topics

join