It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealth Bomber/s over LA today - ROSE PARADE???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Dg, I think that's a little overboard. Seeing the planes and jets flying over venues is just a neat thing to see, especially when you're there in person. People like watching them fly by, kids like seeing them. I don't think it's part of an evil plan.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Most men like things that go boom, go fast, and go big.

Its in our DNA.

Live with it.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
This government will NOT miss the opportunity to show their might ... and what better way to show it than at events many millions watch?

The various military aircraft participating in the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl Game do so at the personal invitation of the Tournament of Roses president, who solely makes a decision about whether he or she wants some kind of flying salute for "his" (or "her") Parade or the Game or both or neither.

Over the years, at both events, there's been a variety of flyovers -- historic aircraft, fighter squadrons, parachutists, helicopters, B-2s and so on -- undertaken by Navy, Air Force, Marines, and even Army (parachute team) -- but always initiated by the Tournament of Roses (the volunteer organization that puts on the Parade and Game) and then offered, by invitation, to a branch of the military -- not generally the other way around.

The Tournament prides itself on devising its own events -- doing things traditionally, but slightly differently, each year.

Cheers,
Sandalfon

[edit on 1/2/0909 by Sandalfon]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
in mid Sept i saw an f16 "patroling" the valley.. low.

-

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I saw a stealth ...I think...jet fly so low on the drivers side view horizon and so silent that if I was not looking at the sunset from time to time (I was driving North toward Canada in South Dakota) I would have completely missed it. It was extremely fast and disappeared as it climbed going north/northwest.

It was an awesome sight.

Also in Tulsa Oklahoma, the year of 911, I saw one "float" over Tulsa near 71st and Memorial.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
yeah some say they have seen the B2 hover before. Personally I think it's plausible if the B2 does indeed use some form of electrogravetic propulsion. It's been said that the engiens can fly the B2 by it's self but that they can also double as flamejet generators. (van degraff generators using ionized jet exhaust instead of a conveyor belt to develop huge voltages.) these flame jet generators could be used to electrify the front leading edge of the B2 positively and the exhaust negatively. this could possibly create a plasma sheath around the bomber which would deflect air to reduce drag, heat friction, engine power needs, and increasing fuel mileage. This massive power capable of being developed using flamejet generators the B2's engines could also be used to power in conjuction TT Browns gravity thrusters. weird electrified tubes that created some sort of pushing thrust. mount a hundred of them within the hull on the bottom of the craft aim them down and if these things really work, voila the B2 can hover.

personally I don't think that the B2 really likes to use these systems when flying near cities etc... because they do make powerful radio signals which can screw up TV's, radios. and can easily be tracked if your looking for them. the serbs did, because the B2 did those said disruptions to their TV sets etc... but in rural areas or where they don't think it will effect anything they probably do. so I say it's possible that the above poster saw one hover once.

The B2 isn't invisible if you follow it's radio wave signature. but it can probably fly around the world with little to no refueling, can fly much higher than we are led to believe and possible much faster than we think, can probably hover. maybe at really high altitudes to assist in intel gathering or targeting things for other aircraft. Maybe the plane can even go invisible, although I am beginning to think that maybe it's "radar masking skin" is really some sort of dielectric which can absorb radar waves or be semi transparent to them, but can also insulate the plane and more importantly the positive electrode (electrified leading edge) and it's negative exhaust, to prevent any arching of current which would short out the aircraft's electrogravetic effect. but that coating might not be compatable with active camouflage systems. so maybe it can't use active camo. maybe it can and the highly electrified hull and fields around it don't effect the camo. but I've been lead to believe that different voltages or maybe wattages are necessary for the camo. different amounts of power make different colors. the whole craft being so electrified might disrupt the camo, so who knows or maybe it can only use it when it's not using the electrogravetic components.

Furthermore I think that the radar (which could possibly use phased conjugate microwave resonance to amplify the radar return signal)which is located right in front of the engine nacelles can be used like a pseudo bussard ram scoop to ionize the air infront of the craft before it gets sucked into the air intakes to further increase the negative exhaust plume increasing the voltage potential or something similar. they already claim that the nacelles bypass air into the exhaust to cool the exhaust minimizing it's heat signature. it's possible they are also used to dump this extra ionized air into it's exhaust. which, if the B2 does use electrogravetic principles in some way would effectively act as a turbo or afterburner for the electrogravetic effect.

this is all speculation of course. But it's very possible that the B2 can do many more things than we are lead to believe.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by BASSPLYR]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Just to clarify. When I said float I did not mean standstill. I meant float as silently pass over top......both my wife and I saw it. It reminded me of a big batwing.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Oh. well the B2 does have a lot of baffling to mask it's noise. it's can sorta just cruise by and be real quiet. I've heard them be noisy too though at air shows.

But other people have made claims that they have seen the B2 literally hover, turn invisible etc...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
This government will NOT miss the opportunity to show their might, their black ops uniforms, to us, the people of the United States. Its not for protection it is for INDOCTRINATION of a way of life they want, full of fear and what better way to show it than at events many millions watch?
This is the process they are following to put the fear of..goverment into our heads..to set us up for this prison planet we are in...
I must say, they do a wonderful job on a daily basis.
Its all coming together rather nicely, dont you think.

Yes - it is coming together quite nicely indeed.
We will all be use to seeing the military presence.
We will expect them to be in our lives and make decisions for us.
And all of the "homeland security" security....
Yea right.
Not buying it.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
From the Op link,

The stealth bombers are "a revolution in modern airpower and, quite frankly, the finest aircraft ever built, ever put into service," said Col. John Robinson, vice commander of the 509th Bomb Wing and one of the pilots ferrying the bomber to California.

Indeed a beautiful piece of work. I love when they do flyovers my home.

509th!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Like Air Shows, yes, there is the opportunity for the public to see a smidgen of what their tax dollars are doing.

For heart-stopping effect, I think a formation of four to eight B-2's would crack the most jaded mind. Here in the southland, (Southern California) the B-2 is relatively common, much like the Space Shuttle had become. Some of us have even begun referring to the "Tournament of Roses Parade" to the "Tournament of Rose Parade: Starring the B-2 Spirit Bomber." Open day at Dodger Stadium usually gets a pair a B-1B Lancers.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
... Some of us have even begun referring to the "Tournament of Roses Parade" to the "Tournament of Rose Parade: Starring the B-2 Spirit Bomber" ...

Well, as a fellow Californian, I can assure you that the venerable 120-year-old Tournament of Roses has not seen fit to add that additional line of text to its registered marks and titles -- but if it pleases you, by all means -- continue to promote it that way!

[edit on 1/8/0909 by Sandalfon]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I've been to a dodger game where the B2 Flew over head. THats what I love about southern california. we have most of the worlds most awesome weaponry flying over head for us to enjoy.

And if the night hawk and the spirit weren't cool enough we have real hawks and eagles flying around our back yards to see too. And a hawk hovering over a field is a pretty awesome sight too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join