It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York eyes Mumbai attack in New Year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

New York eyes Mumbai attack in New Year

www.google.com (AFP)

NEW YORK (AFP) — New York police studied the November bloodbath in Mumbai as they prepared heavy security for Wednesday's New Year celebrations, police commissioner Raymond Kelly said.

Police face a major security headache with up to a million people -- including former president Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton -- expected in Manhattan's Times Square for the traditional dropping of the crystal ball at midnight.

Kelly said that in addition to standard patrols there would be watchtowers ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12/31/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Up to a million people? IIRC, Obama's inauguration is going to have about 5 times that amount. With all the security, I seriously doubt anything will happen, however. Is this just a standard warning, or is it more fear-mongering? Whatever the case, I hope everything goes safely this New Year's Eve.

www.google.com (AFP)
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12/31/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I would suspect that nothing terrible should happen. I can't see what would be gained by treachery. Invoke our wrath? Shock the nation, the world? To what end?

I reject the notion that such acts are a legitimate form of communication, radical, political, or otherwise. At least, in my own mind, I feel they are safe (and yes, I am aware that is what I choose to believe.)

Optimism? Perhaps. But I want more of it in my life, therefore I will create it, as I can.

join