It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last post Anonymous ATS but no post

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Whats the deal when it says last post by anonymous ats and there is no post in the thread. Has it been deleted?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
i've wondered that also.

i think it is just a bump for an older thread?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It has to be accepted by the Moderators before it is shown. Some posts don't get shown at all because they are spam or something.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Preciate it its not just old post i started a thread yesterday and it is doing it to the thread now.
Thanx again

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The Anonymous poster will post a reply to any post, the thread they post on will be bumped back to the recent threads page, but the post by Anonymous is held up until a MOD can review it to make sure it is appropriate, and relevant, not just a pointless response.

That holds up the post for a while, but is still registered by the thread as a recent post, this happens with old and new threads, if you see this and no post is shown, just try a little later and the post will appear.

It gets me almost every time, I will go through a huge thread, then notice the time and date stamp on them, some of them have been 4 years old or more, I always thought a little clock or some way to say clearly when these threads were made would be invaluable, sometimes posting on a 4 year old 30 page thread is a little pointless, the point has come and gone IMO.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
A mod has to approve it.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
All the people that answered the question above this post gets an applause from me for caring enough about the community that you took time to help a fellow member.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I wasn't a fan of the anonymous poster implement at first. I thought it was a little 'unfair' to those of us who committed to joining in order to participate. But I got over it. The mods do a good job of making sure that only the "good" ones make their way onto the site, which has enriched the overall content. Now my only complaint is this:

Wouldn't it make more sense if the thread wasn't 'updated' with recent post status until the anonymous post was approved?

I imagine this issue has been addressed already, and that the reason why probably has something to do with it being a nightmare for S.O. to write into the code. That's why I've never bothered posting a thread about it myself.

But now that Ant4AU has mentioned it, let me just voice my frustration at 'wondering when the other shoe will drop' when I see that someone is trying to join the conversation, and I don't know if the mods are just too busy, or if it was simply drivel. It also has kept me from posting on a thread more than once before, because I didn't want to post the same thing the anon poster might have. It seems like it could create continuity problems - but that wouldn't change even if my suggestion was implemented.

Anyway these are just some points I've wanted to bring up. I really don't have much to complain about; the way the site is moderated - by the mods and by the community itself - is one of the main things that made me finally join last year.

So Happy New Year! To the Three Amigos, The Mods, and indeed - to all of ATS!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Thank you all and to all I hope you have a wonderful 09 Happy New Year!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There is another small issue, besides what has been discussed.

It seems that there is some small error in the coding of the site.

When a new page is started and the first post is "Anom.", it does not get displayed, until after a members post on that page.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There is extreme censorship on this site for anonymous posts. This ATS is probably a CIA fishing net, if yu know what I mean. Very bogus moderating system. Be careful people.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
They only allow posts that support their agenda. I've had many posts not show up at all, because I don't believe in UFOS and I support Israel. It's censorship, pure and simple. I doubt this post will make it either, in which case, you won't see this. If you do see it, it's just an attempt to discredit the fact that dozens of my posts have never actually been posted, because they are trying to stop what I have to say from being seen. Fascists.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
There is extreme censorship on this site for anonymous posts. This ATS is probably a CIA fishing net, if yu know what I mean. Very bogus moderating system. Be careful people.

Does this add to anything? This is light compared to some of the crap that anon's post. That's why many anon posts aren't vetted.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Nice try. I'm not overly concerned about "being careful". Bring it on, make my day, pansies. Forty plus years in freedom is not that bad anyway from where I stand. What's coming is worth a fight anyway.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I released these last two just to show how worthless many of them are.

Vulgar, name-calling, off-topic and insulting. Yeah, we need posts like this here.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Good lord! I've often wondered how actually bad it was. I figured it must've doubled the mods' work load - which was another reason I was originally against the idea that I didn't mention.

My opinion: anonymous posters have no 'business' posting in the 'Board Business & Questions' section anyway. This one should be members only. If they have a question pertinent to these matters but aren't ready to commit to joining, I'm sure they'd get a prompt response by e-mailing their concerns.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

Hah, you have no idea. I had one post which was nothing but smileys, about 200 of them.

Others are just strings of profanity. I'd say 1 out of 10 are worth publishing.

I try to be as liberal as possible. If it doesn't contain vulgarity, profanity, personal info, insults to members, bad or potentially dangerous links, and is within the T&C I'll then look to see if they're minimally on topic.

Lots of posts which might get released don't because of a single profanity or an email address. If I can, I will snip those and release them. But, as you can see it can be quite labor-intensive.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Badge, why the heck can't you guys discontinue with these 'Anonymous' posters? If only one out of 10 posts are worth publishing, then it's a ruddy waste of your (Mods) time! I think you guys need to be paid for 'extra time' for the effort spent in sifting through nonsense to find one in a dozen worth putting up! Let them become members if they're serious.

And for Chrissake, do you mind changing yer avatar? It's distracting the hell out of me and probably others too!! Jeeez!!

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I agree that with it being that bad maybe they should be a post limit on anonymous posts reach your limit and join or just enjoy reading.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Mods my question has been answered the thread can be closed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join