It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beatles Revolution #9 (subliminal messages)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The number "9" is, of course, the highest single digit # in Base 10.
And thus we have 9, 19, 29, 39, 49, 59, 69, 79, 89, 99, 109, etc...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

lol sleep with me i m not too young.
but this is a perfect example of how you can interprate everything you want in a sentence.
still the beatles song is a bit different i think

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Here is the song both forward and backwards.

It is certainly a trippy song... whichever way it's played.
Always been a huge beatles fan and this song has always been a slightly warped fav of mine.

Reversed

normal

And just a fav thrown in

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
thanks for your posting.
These videos are great

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Im a huge Beatles fan. This is the first time I have heard of this in REV #9. Sure lots of room in the "song" for this type of stuff. I find it hard to believe I used to listen to this song quite a bit. Its a bit too much for me now. The White Album is a great Work of Art.

I was 11 yrs old when the fab 4 broke up, my local radio station played Beatles A to Z and I recorded most of it.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
i also just heard it 2 months ago.
And I´m also i a huge beatles fan

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
This is a video that combines the songs Revolution Number 9 and Hotel California from The Eagles.

www.youtube.com...

In the Magical Mystery Tour booklet, which was released on December 8th, 1967, there is a picture of John Lennon standing in front of a sign which says "M&D Co. is the way to go." M&D Co. apparently was a funeral parlor in England and also contains the initials of Mark David Chapman (MDC).

John Lennon was killed exactly 13 years after this by Chapman on December 8th, 1980.

The reason I combined the songs is because Hotel California was released on December 8th, 1976, exactly 9 years after the Magical Mystery Tour "clue" and exactly 4 years before Lennon died.

On that same date, Elmer McCurdy, an old west outlaw who had been embalmed many years earlier, was found by the crew of The Six Million Dollar Man while they were shooting on location at a carnival in Long Beach
(the M&D picture in Magical Mystery Tour shows John at a carnival).

So, because December 8th, 1976 could represent both "Number 9" and "Turn Me On Dead Man" I laid the two songs right on top of each other to see if it could be some sort of foreshadowing device.

Also Paul McCartney flew to the US and stayed at the Beverly Hills Hotel (aka - Hotel California) on June 20th, 1968 which is the date John laid down the tracks for Revolution Number 9.

A lot of it is noise because it's the two songs right on top of each other and it's definitely easier to listen to with headphones, but at about 2:38 and beyond it seems like the two songs sync in quite a few places.

The strangest clue is at 3:56 where Hotel California has the line "Stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast", just as they sing that John Lennon starts making the "wounded" sound in R#9 and the next line, "last thing I remember" when played in reverse very clearly says "John Lennon by himself" (there's a link to the reverse in the video).

See what you think...

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Fishdelusions]

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Fishdelusions]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The "song"as far as I know is born from Lennon's relationship with Yoko Ono who at the time was an Avante garde Dadaist artist.
Dadaism is basically "anti art" and seeks to ridicule the accepted standards in Art, Music, Poetry etc.

The White Album as people have said was made during a very unhappy time for the Beatles and in particular when Lennon and McCartney's styles of song writing were moving to opposite poles/
Lennon was beginning to hate the tradition, happy 3 minute pop songs that McCartney wrote and I see this track as Lennon's first move into the Avant Gard

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdawson44

Originally posted by rob.j

Please tell me what you think of the song or in generall subliminal messages in songs

"Subliminal messages" are one thing but "reverse speech" is another. "Reverse speech" is nothing more than audio pareidolia. Don't buy into it as anything significant in any way.

But John Lennon could speak backwards and had a reputation for doing so.

It just so happens that this ability is advocated in Aleister Crowley's The Book of Law.

"Eh ma I" is the phrase that he gives to learn - or "I am he"

I am he as you are he and you are me and we are all together.

"I am the Walrus" or was it Paul?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join