It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO pic that converted you

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Any of the numerous crop circles revealing a geometric precision that CANNOT possibly be explained through a person (or persons) creating such images from the ground.

I received my degree in math and took some advanced courses dealing with non-euclidean geometry and graph theory which helped me to appreciate the underlying complexity and sophistication of certain geometrical patterns that are largely prevalent in crop circles.

It is VERY hard to explain their existence aside from satellites, which is the only alternative that comes close....but even that is latent with problems.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Before it's too late, read a thread written last year by 'emanresui' titled "my 11 year old sighting of a uRo...that was me & it explains everything...the reason I say read before it's too late is you have an opportunity to seek out ufos & more tonight...by the way, 3 planets are scheduled to align with the moon tonight, so if nothing else happens at least you see that rare sight!

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I have never had anything to influence me into finding out about ufo's.
My dad has told me i would always watch documentaries on them when i was as young as 3. and when we used to travel at nighttime my head would constantly looking up into the sky. I would tell my dad facts about the night skies that he wouldn't even know and think was made up until he looked it up and found out i was right.
I myself believe when i was very young i had an experience that i do not remember now with ufo's.
this was the start of me researching conspiracies.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Great idea for a thread.

These photos, sourced from UFO Evidence dot org are to me some of the best evidence existing of human-made saucer technology.

They have the same light colour and position to many earthly aircraft. (eg. red red red green).

Could they have been faked? Sure. But I haven't seen them debunked yet.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wasiti

Not a Ufo per se, but this pic is easily enough to show you something is out there. Perhaps ufos and crop circles are wholly unrelated, but I'd like to think they are friendly displays of beauty designed to illicit certain emotional frequencies that can stimulate our growth as a species, just as with any great work of art.

very soon the boon will become illuminated
all flowers have bloomed in unison
the fallen one versus the solemn son
all days fade and change as part of the great ancient
stay patient and let go of your complacent face
peel back the mask and ask for forgiveness
heal this place and shape your days

Peace be among all of these, my brethren, be they from Israel or Palestine, let us break bread friend.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The Battle of L.A. in 1942. I was still a believer before I saw the picture, but this UFO story is very difficult to top.

www.ufoevidence.org...

And here's a very good thread on the incident: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

Yep, a very interesting event and probably the clearest evidence of extremely superior technology ever. Can you imagine if this were to happen today? The media storm would be insane!

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
No picture or video ever convinced me. I saw som kind of light in the sky when I was a child, was not sure what i was, and my mom joked that it was a Ufo. After that, I learned what the word meant, an d started thinking that there is no way we are alone in the universe. Never found out what the light in the sky was, but I was hooked after that.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I am a believer but i need no proof to believe. I believed since a child and can remember the feeling 'comforted yet curious' looking out unto the velvety deepness of the night sky with those twinkly little stars which seemed to beckon to me. Lets just say i believe and have hope, i do not feel threated by the thought of aliens of ufo's - i can only hope to witness a ufo, i have not yet been as fortunate to. Anyway, i am dubious of videos or photos as photography is atrivky thing and as most know the camera can lie. I would have to see with my own eyes i think, and then do some research to try to debunk myself for selfjustification. I have seen a few pic that i think are a bit intriguing - could be a goverment thing though?? -i dont know if they are debunked or not - they are strange all the same:

io9.com...

and these:

www.realufos.net...

www.cosmicchrist.net...

www.crystalinks.com...

www.crystalinks.com...

[edit on 31-12-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Wasiti,

The first thing for me was quite a few years ago when I was visiting some friends of
my Mom's and in their library they had a very large, hard bound book of the Billy Meier
pictures. Big, bold and clear shots that made me think. I was too young then to call
hoax, I was just blown away by the images.

Since however, I have seen them with my own two eyes on a couple of occasions in
Northern and Southern California. Both at very close range.

Yea...I believe.

MS

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Great thread - OP.

Lots. But one that still stands out to me strongly was the episode on 11/17/86 -- Japan Airlines flight 1628 over Alaska.
The link I include is only part of it as there is released control tower and military radio/radar transmission as well as JA's Captain's talk. His pic description of the UFOs maneuvers and size was astounding to me.

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
... I have believed for a long time. No photo or video or media production has influenced me in any way. My first experience was when I was 5 yrs old. It was either a dream or a vision that I had while looking out my bedroom window. There, just behind and above my house I saw a huge craft hovering in silence. It was shaped like a Halloween full Moon - with a pastel orange glow to it. Just to the right of this craft hovered three (3) small, shiny metallic, saucer shaped ones. I was terrified - yet compelled to continue looking at these objects out my window for the very brief time that they remained. This incident drove me to find answers. So I began to read every book, article, or magazine about UFOs / ETs that I could get my hands on (this is well before the internet). The vision I had that night has recurred since many, many times exactly as it had from the first time. Only now - in between the vision I have been experiencing real sightings of shiny metallic 'saucers' at least once per month - and almost as often as I think about them.

I have no doubt that 'they' are real... and out there... and here.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
2002 death in central PA near the river where at least 3" farmers" another group of 2 or 3 farmers and then some fishermen in a boat on the river saw from three different points of view, a craft where a man was later found dead after the men described above saw a man pulled into the craft by a "rope his arms flaing about" His name reported locally as "Sees".. "
FBI refused to allow the mans wife to see his body and refused to release the body for 6 to 8 weeks"
story was in obit in the Sunbury, PA DAILY ITEM newspaper, at the time
recent attempt to see the obit was blocked for some interesting reason.
a group or official may be able to get the information or from other means like FBI or local Funeral directors near Sunbury PA

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
No film or cameras needed for me. As a small kid, I witnessed a formation of craft back in 1964. It is etched upon my memory for all of my days. I strongly recommend to anyone who has seen a UFO to please take the time to go to the National UFO Recording Center website and establish your case. It may actually help with someone else's report.

Here's the link: www.nuforc.org...

A flag for this OP, & lots of stars.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
No images or photos in particular has convinced me they were real. Some footage out there just seems too hard to fake though, like city officials and 100 bystanders looking up at hundreds of orb-like "anomalies". Crop circles also get my attention.

A few things have kept me on this side of the fence.

1. When I was young, my mom swore that she was abducted while she was pregnant with me.(1963) To this day, I've never heard her say anything nutty or unbelievable. She was a paramedic at the time and has never been committed. (just kidding mom)

2. As a hobby, during nap-time I'd watch my own thoughts. To this day I can't explain why I'd see such incredible images as I did. Sometimes places, sometimes perfect geometrical images and vortexes with thousands of exacting points, in vivid ever-changing color, spinning into infinity. Imagination? Maybe so. Something else? Again, maybe so, who knows.

3. An ex-girlfriend's mom who I still keep in contact also swears she's had experiences with "beings". It's taken about 20 years to get her to talk about it, again another totally normal mom type with no reason I can understand for her to tell such a tale. Recently,she's also reluctantly given me 35 pages of documents from 1989 which was recovered out of a trunk that belonged to the father of her ex-husband, who had passed away. Her experiences and the documents are unrelated, at least, not linked directly.

She claims that she was walking through the woods in Washington state, when she caught something out of the corner of her eye that she, at first, thought were owls. I couldn't get her to talk too much about it but she gave me enough details, such as skin tone and texture to creep me out a little. The paperwork I'm not ready to share just yet, as I'm discreetly trying to confirm its validity. The story has actually been told already, but the names it contains makes me nervous. If I disappear after posting this, come look for me!

4. Since I was 3 years old, I've always wondered where the end of the sky was, hence my sig. (my oldest memory is my 3rd birthday, the cake was blue and yellow with Cowboys and Indians on it)
All my life I've never given up asking the question, though I know I haven't got the tools to even imagine it. Perhaps that's the one thing that allows me to keep an open mind until I've decided, for myself, on an issue. I will admit, I'm as guilty and stubborn as anyone else, once I have.

Peace

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Thank you all for all the responses so far. Its truly amazing reading all the diffrent events and stories that have occured to you all. I will now share with you my experince.

I live in the united arab emirates, dubai. My parents moved from canada, and setteled in Dubai in 1997. That summer i was camping in desert with some friends that were visitng me from nova scotia. At around 7 pm or so we noticed strange lights of in the distance , at first we thought they were helecopter formation and paid no attention to them. Half an hour later the lights started to approach us and we could clearly see that it was coming from 2 crafts and not from helecopters or airplanes. Before we knew it , two enormous triangular crafts were slowly moving over us. They made absoulty no sound what so ever, and if werent for the orbs of light that were underneath it , i could imagine that it would have just passed us without us knowing.
Needless to say we were all astonished , and after a few minutes the crafts rose in a sharp angle and zoomed away in incredbile speed.

Next day we told our parents and friends, and needless to say we were rediculed. However a few days later it was all over the newspapers, with flight control tower operaitors saying that they tracked the objects, and have no idea what they were. I still have the newspaper clip of that article.

Regards

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Its was neither a oic or vid but a sighting back in the late 70's when I was in the army.

What I saw close up and personal will never leave me or those of my unit and thoae who I have told just look at me as though I have just sprouted another head or wings or changed into to something un-natural.

And no matter what anyone tells me about UFO's and that they're not real I wont change my mind having seen some pretty amazing thing in our skys and close up.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
No pic or video. It was having the same dream over and over and over again...

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
My Mother and I had an experience when I was very young. We were living on the south-east side of Chicago. The year was 1965, (I was 7 years old), a warm summer night, we were out for a walk before bedtime as we frequently did. We were in a park at 87th and Jeffery. Mom was pointing out the big dipper to me and we noted a rotating top shaped object in the night sky.

The object came close enough that I knew it was something that did not belong in the skyscape and I could also sense that Mom was very uneasy but she did not want to frighten me. She hurried me home (we lived across the street from the park) and we told Dad about what we had seen. That was the first time I heard the term “UFO”.

Years later (in the mid 70’s) I recoginzed a picture in a UFO book I had received. The picture was purported to be an extraterrestrial UFO. The picture was taken in Chicago during the summer of 1965 (go figure). I showed the picture to Mom and she instantly exclaimed “That is what we saw that night in the park!”. (Sorry, I do not know where the book is today so I can not post a picture.)

Today, I am fortunate in that Mom is still with us (she is 80 years old). Mom and I both now live in rural areas with very little background light pollution and to this day we frequently sky watch at night. Over the course of the last forty some odd years we have seen many UFO’s (not saying they have all been extraterrestrial but some have been very difficult to explain away).

The memories and excitement of that night and my first sighting seems like it just happened yesterday but anyway - I am a believer!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
For me, I had just watched Evidence: the case for NASA UFO's.
video.google.com...
It started me thinking. Then 2 weeks later was STS-115.
video.google.com....
That to me is clear evidence that UFO's are pretty common. If NASA & NORAD can't identify large objects traveling within a couple hundred feet of the shuttle it is obvious that there are still plenty of unknowns out there. I hope the links worked.

[edit on 1-1-2009 by oROSSTAo]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join