It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. murders involving young black males soaring

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

In spite of your backtracking on this statement:

Rather than blow resources on the people who actually enjoy living a trashy lifestyle maybe spend more time and effort getting the people who want out out.
, I think you were right.
One thing that we know for sure, besides the fact that a lot of people of colour are killing themselves, is that there are also a lot of blacks with amazing talents and skills. Many have been able to capitalize on those skills to the point of becoming world famous and incredibly rich -- in spite of incredible odds against them.
You have to wonder.
I am not for handouts and sympathy. I think that one of the best things that was done in recent years when the economy was good was to make welfare harder to get so that more people actually got to experience some satisfaction out of working.
Regardless of race, I am a firm believer in providing free quality educational opportunities for everyone to help each develop whatever particular skills and strengths it is they have, such that they can experience some successes in their life.
There is no better investment than education so that people can be successful at doing something constructive. I don't believe there is anything about race that has anything to do with lack of intent to do well.
But our society is built on a rather barbaric winner take all mentality that leaves a lot of people on the losing side.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Well....I have to say: I´m a 39 years old White guy from Portugal. Black eyes, black air, pale skin, 1,82m, 79 Kg( to know where I came from). We too in Portugal, have racist problems( as in every corner off the World). Now, maybe all the black people (original from Africa), don´t fit so well in our society (our...because you have to admit, it was created by white people...with all the problems and injustice we feel), maybe black people should try too infiltrate(become a citizen off the country where they live) and not become a victim, nobody, in our time, should fell sorry of himself...and hate every one that have a good life or mild life, because even if to live with the minimal conditions is very difficult...you should fight to be at the top(depends of your goals).

Sorry.. but life is like that, if you don´t accept, you should go to Africa...there you could life as your ancestors, in community with nature, take what you need, and kill every one that you don´t like. The same thing applies to every one that feel is the minority, they have been helped by the country´s that have accepted them. I know...yours ancestors have been slaves...but unfortunately, every race, have been slaves...different times, different mentality.

It´s like Israel, ooh so helpless, so victim, the holocaust....and they do exactly what the Nazi have done to them. I say, # all off you, that feel the world should give you anything...

I know....I will be label Racist....

new topics

<< 1   >>

join