It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2009 ATS Aliens and UFO Forum Resolutions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Im looking to build a more positive and friendly forum for the people of ATS. Simply put I wanted to express a few frustrations that I've come across in my interactions and observations as of late and I'm hoping you will read and also contribute to what you would like our Forum to Evolve into.

I think, for the most part a majority of the Threads created are of great importance. I know it would be a complete stretch to ask that in 2009 we only create threads which actually move us foward but we all know the wishful thinking involved with this one.

I would like to say however, that it would be nice to see day to day interations become a little more how should I say this...'Friendly'. To some I may have lost you already

For example I've been caught up in a few conversations where a certain individual took me literally (meaning word for word) and decided to quote me and then tell me how obsurd it was to say something like that. Well turns out I didnt mean it literally but 'Figuratively' and so I realized that far too often people quote others and simply dissassemble the sentance in order to express THEIR superior 'common sense'... And this just isnt in the best interest of those who simply would like to discuss whole heartedly.

SO, please take a moment not to abruptly assume the person is being literal and actually try and confirm if they are or not, first. so that way we dont have to skip pages of BANTERING back and forth trying to find unique thread input.

Also, id like to see threads about those who have put skepticism behind them and have made the leap forward to acceptance (not to be confused with believer-sounds to religious for me).. or possibly vise versa, someone who once accepted the visitations and now finds it lacking sufficient evidence.

Ive enjoyed reading and participating in SO many threads this year, and I look foward to an eventful and possible earth shaking year to come.
Keep up the good work to ALL who have contributed. stars for EVERYONE
and I hoped you all enjoyed your holiday's with family and friends.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I agree with you, I would also like to see people discussing the UFO/Aliens subject in a friendly and polite manner. But people are people... You will always have the trolls who show up in threads just to pick fights or humiliate others, not to get real answers. At least that is what their behaviour suggests to me.

And I know that we have the alert button and the ignore button and that we should never feed the trolls, but... Hey, I am just human too! I can get real mad and insulted and childish and revengeful, and that is why I have been slapped with the "Off topic-label" a couple of times. Or was it more..? Ouch anyway!

Let us make it the wish for the new year, that we can behave like adults and at least be polite towards those we disagree with.

A HAPPY, HAPPY NEW YEAR to you LordThumbs, and to all members, mods and staff here at ATS.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

Well imho if every member put as much thought into their "alien/ufo" OPs and posts as you and zig do ATS would be an even better place.

Keep up the good work and don't let the sillies get you down.

I learn new things from you guys all the time.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordThumbs

I would like to say however, that it would be nice to see day to day interations become a little more how should I say this...'Friendly'. To some I may have lost you already

No you have not lost me, I know exactly what you mean. I was put off posting in the UFO and Aliens forum for months because I found it too unfriendly. I now look beyond this and if I have some thing to say I try not to feel intimidated but it can be a little daunting in there! However the subject of alien encounters, UFO and alien technology isnt your usual run of the mill conversation is it so I guess we can expect some heated debates now and then hey.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Agreed LordThumbs! I haven't really posted anything in the UFO/alien forum for this exact reason. Overall it seems to be counter productive. 20+ pages of asinine bickering and maybe 2-3 posts of wisdom and worth. And pages, which in my opinion were designed to seek sol'ns to these many puzzle pieces rarely get any response... (so many good but dead posts. It's frustrating.)

On top of it all, when someone starts a discussion anew (kinda like hitting the reset button) some of the moderators corral us back to an earlier post of the same subject, in which we'd have to slog through 100+ pages of post hijacker's, (no offence mods, we know you're just doing your job!). It seems to me that many of these "hijackers" use ATS as a chat session to fill some kind of social void. Is there a way to fix this issue?

top topics

join