It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Holly Jolly Christmas..... And Stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Ho Ho Ho!!!!!!
Christmas has come and gone. Can you believe it?!
I know I should be saying Happy Holidays rather than Christmas however I am writing about my experience on Christmas Day this year of 2008.

I spent Christmas Eve at home until about 4:00 PM. We played Christmas Carols, drew pictures, told stories, baked cookies, and watched Christmas movies. My Son's face was one of angelic wonderment. He ran to the window about the zillion times to see if Santa was coming. Mind you, it was still early enough that the sun was high in the sky.

Around 4:00 PM we headed off to my sister in laws. She was having a Christmas Eve Party! She has a little girl who is 2 years younger than my son. They get along great. Now I do indeed LOVE my sister in law but she is the queen of playing the system. Aside from opening her home to us all, she does very little but takes credit for it all. What do I mean?
My mother in law made the feast of the 7 fishes. I made the appetizers and desserts. Everyone brought everything over and set it up.
Funny, but whenever anyone came over, my sister in law stood right by the table taking credit. Ahhhhh... who cares? Everyone knows what is going on, and it is actually quite cute. Not crying foul at all, just giving you an insight.
Anyway. The house was decorated like a christmas catalog. The table was brilliant. The Christmas tunes were playing in the background. Christmas cartoons and movies were on the TV. We sat at the table. Grace was said, and I said my own silent prayer right after.
The food was awesome! Hot cocoa. Hot Cider. Pumpkin, Apple pies, and Cheesecake finished the meal.
The kids - 7 of them, the oldest being 6 were playing and laughing. The oldest ones (My son being the oldest) were preoccupied with the next morning! GLORIOUS!

We finished supper. It was superb! A pine incense was burning, and added the final touch.

I called the children around me, and read The Night Before Christmas to them. It was great.

***Now for the record. I am a God fearing man. My son knows the reason for the season. He also knows that Santa Claus will be visiting. Santa visits to celebrate the birth of the man I worship.***

Time to head to midnight mass. Ever been? It's wonderful! The church is adorned in candles, boughs of holly, and pointsettias. With the exception of the candles, the church is dark. The organ starts. The choir starts. As the mass progresses the lights slowly come up. Holy.
As I am on my knees during mass, I pray for many things. Peace. Longevity and rewards to those I love.

When mass is over we head home. I have one tired little dude in the back seat. We get home, and he is suddenly awake! We spread the 'reindeer food' on the front lawn. Then we put a plate of cookies and a cup of milk on the mantle. After a little bit, he is so sleepy he can barely keep his eyes open. I carry him upstairs. I pull his fuzzy (his blanket) over him, put his 'woof-woof' (his stuffed doggy toy) next to him. I give him a kiss and say "Merry Christmas Dude".

"Merry Christmas Daddy. Is Santa going to come and visit me tonight?"

"I think so Dude."

"Why Daddy?"

"Because he knows that you've been a very good boy. Goodnight Buddy." He smiled the best smile ever.

"Goodnight Daddy."

I went downstairs, put on a Christmas Story, and assembled what needed assembling. I fed the cookies to my dog, and I drank the milk which was on the mantle.

The next morning, I hear feet flying down the stairs! He was in 'invisible mode'. Meaning that I 'couldn't see him'. His face was lit up more than the christmas tree! Seeing his face filled me with more holiday spirit than I've ever felt.

The fireplace was blazing. The Christmas carols were playing. The wrapping paper was ripped and flying through the air.

Within minutes the presents were all opened, and I had to play with every single one of them with my son. Life is so good!

A nice Christmas breakfast, then off to my mother in laws for Christmas day. More presents, and a turkey and ham dinner. Candied yams, peas, sweet potatoes, ravioli with tomato & crab gravy (You might call it sauce, we call it gravy) stuffing, lasagna, cranberry sauce.

I swear I gained 200 pounds in the last week.

After Dinner, we gather around and I wrestle with the kids, then I tell them a silly made up story. This one involves the characters from the classic cartoon 'Frosty The Snowman' I can do the voices of the Evil Magician, Frosty, and Santa fairly well. It was perfect.

We finally went home, and my son was tuckered out. We put on our jammies, threw on a 'Year Without A Santa Claus' and got comfortable.

"Daddy come here, I want to tell you a secret."

"What's up little Dude?"

"I love you Daddy."

"I love you too Buddy."

"Merry Christmas Daddy, Will Sabta come next year?

"You bet he will."

"Does Baby Jesus Love us?"

"You bet he does little Dude. More than anything."

"I love you Daddy" He said again as he rolled over and closed his eyes.

I kissed him on the cheek as he started to do the deep breathing associated with sleep.

All is good with the world.

new topics

join