It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blagojevich Reportedly to Name Replacement to Fill Obama's Senate Seat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Blagojevich Reportedly to Name Replacement to Fill Obama's Senate Seat

www.foxnews.com

Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich is reportedly planning to name a replacement to fill Barack Obama's vacant Senate seat Tuesday afternoon, even though his attorney said just two weeks ago that the governor would not exercise his appointment powers.

Blagojevich, who is facing impeachment proceedings after he was accused of trying to sell Obama's Senate seat, plans to name former Illinois Attorney General Roland Burris to fill the vacancy, according to the Chicago Tribune and The Wall Street Journal.

U.S. Senate leaders have warned that they could hold up anybody appointed by Blagojevich. There are widespread concerns that such an appointment would be tainted, since Blagojevich is facing federal charges for his alleged attempts to extract favors and contributions from potential candidates.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Interesting turn of events here. I think he should choose a senator. He is innocent until proven guilty and these guys have had several years of junk on this guy and did not prosecute him. They better get a moving on nailing this guy otherwise this pick will go through and there is nothing they can do about it.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I already beat you too it...

LINK

Still I am as shocked as you are.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join