It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel rejects truce, presses on with Gaza strikes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Israel rejects truce, presses on with Gaza strikes

news.yahoo.com

GAZA (Reuters) – Israel hit the Gaza Strip with more air strikes on Tuesday and warned its military action could last weeks, while its Islamist enemy Hamas vowed to keep up rocket attacks on Israeli cities.

Both sides rejected any notion of a ceasefire soon, three days after Israeli leaders launched bombing raids with the declared aim of halting rocket salvoes from the Hamas-controlled coastal enclave.

Defense Minister Ehud Barak said Israel, which is blockading Gaza, was gathering ground forces at the frontier and would expand its operation "as much as is necessary" to stop the rocket fire and "deal a heavy blow to Hamas."

Israeli warplanes pressed on for the fourth day with attacks on Hamas targets, killing 12 Palestinians. They included sisters aged four and 11. Several rockets fired from Gaza hit Israel, a day after three Israelis were killed in cross-border salvoes.

Medical officials put Palestinian casualties since Saturday at 348 dead with more than 800 wounded. A United Nations agency said at least 62 of the dead were civilians. In all, four Israelis have been killed since the operation began.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This really sucks but I can't say I'm surprised. I doubt there will ever be a legitimate truce unless one side is completely wiped out. Really is a horrible situation for all the civilians caught up in the middle that would probably rather worry about something else. It was suggested to me that maybe Israel is practicing for Iran, but I doubt it.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

join