It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Arabs Divided Over Gaza Solution At Summit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Gulf Arabs Divided Over Gaza Solution At Summit

www.alertnet.org

MUSCAT, Dec 30 (Reuters) - Gulf Arab heads of state were divided at a summit in Oman on Tuesday over how to address the conflict between Israel and Hamas, even though they were united in calling for an end to Israeli raids on Gaza.

Qatar, one of the six U.S. allies in the Gulf Cooperation Council, has called for an Arab summit to discuss the offensive that has killed about 350 Palestinians, while regional power Saudi Arabia has said it saw little benefit in a meeting...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Breaking News just came from stance of Gulf Arab nations...

- Another great political victory to Israel too.

No unity, means also no real resistance. Maybe, and surely Israel knows what is situation in political field, and if Arabs can not stand together against this violent situation, why to wait anything from international community either?

- I think "Operation Cast Lead" just get silent promise to launch op next step... I am waiting ground op to begin in 24 hours.

No light in tunnel, in eyes of Gaza civilians...

www.alertnet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I am sure the people of the arab world will not like that. Alot of arab governments are scared os israel, and thats sad, they cannot all send a voice together, and speak as one.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Yes a ground invasion is a good bet. If Israel is going to achieve its a aim it will have to totally defeat Hamas. Only way of doing that is push to the sea. After not achieving all its aims in against Hisbollah, I think the government will want to show the people it has definitely succeeded this time. A ground operation as you point out is probably a done deal.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Lets hope their ground operation to push out Hamas is just that, and not pushing out the innocent Palestinian people. I have no problem with Israel going in and taking out Hamas..but when it comes to the innocent Palestinian people, I will definatley have a very loud voice about that!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I get the distinct impression that these Arab nations don't really care about the Palestinian people as much as they simply dislike Israel. This is really a terrible situation. What I find hardest to understand is how Israel is keen on starving the people of Gaza just like the Jewish people were starved in the holocaust. The complete lack of respect for human life by a people who went through the same thing is really bizarre to me.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Same thoughts here. The Palestinian people have been used by both sides and are getting murdered right now. A ground operation against a city of 1.5 million people is going to be something like Stalingrad. What a sad shambles the holy land has become. Personally I'm praying for my next UFO sighting to be the one where the world gets sorted out. We need something like the second coming right now.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
If any of you have not yet then I would encourage you all to see the movie "Where in the World is Osama bin Laden?" Some Palestinians and Israelis are asked what they think of Osama and their current situation. You will see how the average common folk just like here in the US and around the world don't want these hostilities and just want to live in peace with each other.It is these insane leaders and these in my opinion Religious fanatics that are the root of the real problems.Whether it is a Fanatic Muslim,Christian,Zionist,Hindu,or even Anarchist....they are our problem not us the people who can coexist with one another.

[edit on 12/30/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I wouldn't go too far in drawing comparisons between second world war generation and Israel of today. The current Israel is a completely different people and a generation or two apart from the mid twentieth century one.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Very sad new year festival ahead...

To get political pressure, very needed truce, cease-fire, to save out those innocent civilians out from that massacre is gone.

Like I didnt spend Christmas this year, I wont be celebrating New Year either... Because of civilians in Gaza. Because childrens who are crying in hunger, without hope from better.

My heart is crying right now...

I hoped so much that some political effort can end this massacre, but world is so cruel, when it comes to political goals - Zionist supreme ideas, and oil rich goliarchs personal interests... People of Gaza are paying very hard price in coming days.

I just get images from those teenage girls, boys, like awful flashes in my mind, I see them crying in panic, bombs blowing around their homes...

As a soldier, I hope that those Israeli fellow soldiers, when they soon get their order to move in, will not get trigger happy... That they respect rules of engagements, and feel also this same pain from suffering civilians, not choosing killing their targets in hate, but with will to spare innocents from their sights.

That is my new year promise, and a pray - never been so unselfish before;

Please, you soldier of Israel!

Inside your mighty tanks, spare those innocents, who havent had any time in their short lifes to harm anyone... When you see someone moving, dont just shoot to kill, its possibly not your enemy, but possible equal human been, a teen, who is trying to find shelter from your mighty power.

Spare one of them for me, and for human kind...

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Very sad new year festival ahead...

To get political pressure, very needed truce, cease-fire, to save out those innocent civilians out from that massacre is gone.

Like I didnt spend Christmas this year, I wont be celebrating New Year either... Because of civilians in Gaza. Because childrens who are crying in hunger, without hope from better.

My heart is crying right now...

I hoped so much that some political effort can end this massacre, but world is so cruel, when it comes to political goals - Zionist supreme ideas, and oil rich goliarchs personal interests... People of Gaza are paying very hard price in coming days.

I just get images from those teenage girls, boys, like awful flashes in my mind, I see them crying in panic, bombs blowing around their homes...

As a soldier, I hope that those Israeli fellow soldiers, when they soon get their order to move in, will not get trigger happy... That they respect rules of engagements, and feel also this same pain from suffering civilians, not choosing killing their targets in hate, but with will to spare innocents from their sights.

That is my new year promise, and a pray - never been so unselfish before;

Please, you soldier of Israel!

Inside your mighty tanks, spare those innocents, who havent had any time in their short lifes to harm anyone... When you see someone moving, dont just shoot to kill, its possibly not your enemy, but possible equal human been, a teen, who is trying to find shelter from your mighty power.

Spare one of them for me, and for human kind...

Where are your tears for Israel?

Where are your tears for those murdered by suicide bomber-intentional targeting civilians.

If you are going to cry tears for those killed and hurt, cry for both sides.

[edit on 12/30/2008 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
What's to be divided about? It's very simple ....

They can tell the Palestinians to quit firing rockets upon Israeli civilians.

Then Israel will stop punishing those in the Gaza.

And then those Gulf Arab states can FINALLY use their massive OIL MONIES to help their 'poor muslim brethren' by supplying education and medicines ... and all with OVERSIGHT so that the 'palestinians' don't just use the donated money to rearm (as they usually do)

It's all very simple. Nothing to be 'divided' about ...

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

In deepest humbleness I wont hate my enemy...

This time my tears belongs to Palestinians.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

So we all see you are biased and any sugestion from you will only side with Hamas terrorist.

It is your right to be one sides and biased, but don't you dare act like you are open minded about this.

You say it is ok for Hamas to murder civillians and you don't care.

You only care about those in Gaza civillians.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

You are just blind fool, and I will ignore your future worthless comments...

I do understand Palestinian resistance, against violent occupation, but that doesnt make me supporter of Hamas, or enemy of Israel.

There is nothing to win by killing civilians... Just more hate and continuing violence. When you brainwashed sheeps will understand that, simple rule of honour?

But maybe you are from US, hundreds of thousands civilians have just died in recent years because of your armed forces, by US Zionist government. What can I expect from Americans?

And yes, I am also against Zionism, and New World Order, which you seem to support by insulting humanism, hoping innocent civilians to suffer under indirect bombings and slaughter - But in the end, you will loose.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

You are just blind fool, and I will ignore your future worthless comments...

I do understand Palestinian resistance, against violent occupation, but that doesnt make me supporter of Hamas, or enemy of Israel.

There is nothing to win by killing civilians... Just more hate and continuing violence. When you brainwashed sheeps will understand that, simple rule of honour?

But maybe you are from US, hundreds of thousands civilians have just died in recent years because of your armed forces, by US Zionist government. What can I expect from Americans?

And yes, I am also against Zionism, and New World Order, which you seem to support by insulting humanism, hoping innocent civilians to suffer under indirect bombings and slaughter - But in the end, you will loose.

So your going to ignore him because you don't agree with what he said???
You are showing your true colors here dude.I am starting to see what others are stating about you now.I believe it was Hamas that started this latest situation by firing rockets at civilian targets.I feel for anyone caught in the middle of this BS.It will never end as the Hamas have stated before ...not until Israel is destroyed.H ow do you suggest you reason with that line of thinking?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
... You will see how the average common folk just like here in the US and around the world don't want these hostilities and just want to live in peace with each other.It is these insane leaders and these in my opinion Religious fanatics that are the root of the real problems.

Yeah, I agree, all the wars big and small are basically disagreements between a handful of politicians, and the majority are the ones who suffer, not them usually.
They sit in their reclining leather lazy-boy chairs and order bombs and bullets be deployed.

How able would Israel be to fight Palistinians if it weren't for the billions of $$$ Israel gets from the USA?
Eliminating this welfare would be a first step towards ending hostilities.

AND, you know what I think?
Israel is an American ally simply because of Israels prominence in the New Testament, If Israel wasn't such an integral part of Christianity, Israel would be seen as they really are, just like the rest of them.

Christians+Bible+Israel=good
Another way religion is a lubricant for conflict.

new topics

top topics

join