It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was Israel created?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I keep reading about Israel's right to defend itself and that if the Palestinians left then it would end the trouble.

So looking on the other side; what if all the Israeli immigrants and their descendants left Israel, wouldn't this also solve the problem?

Then I started thinking about why Israel exists; I know the precursor to the UN created it along with the British who controlled the land at the time.
From what I understand Jews and Arabs lived together quite peacefully in the area for quite a long time before that.

The only other religion that has a homeland I can think of is the Catholics with the Vatican, but all the Catholics don't choose to live there.

Apart from some misinterpretation of the old testament and the want of a religious homeland. I cannot find any real reason why Israel was created?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
So that the world would have a scapegoat to blame all the world problems on.

If anything goes wrong in this world, Israel is to blame.

Your wife left you, blame Israel.

Car broke down, blame Israel.

Unemployed, blame Israel.

Anything goes. Come one. come all. Israel exists so that it can be blamed for anything you desire to accuse it of. Don't hold back, just let it all go. Blaming Israel will relieve all your stress.

Unfortunately, the problems will still exist because Israel wasn't to blame for most of them in the first place.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Israel exists as a place for Jewish people to live.
And other people of course, but primarily a Jewish homeland.
Also the Jews were the first ones to civilize the area.
And many times were invaded and kicked out.
The previous inhabitants before the Jews, which many seem to think are the long distant relatives of the so called current Palestinians.
Were nomadic farming tribes that eventually moved north for better weather as there was bad weather changes at the time.
And they were mostly assimilated and inter bread into other cultures.
You can find much of this information from archeological and anthropological investigations.
I wouldn't believe completely religious version of things to do with this.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I had better watch out then as I live in England.

Therefore in the future many Americans could move back to England, Scotland and Ireland to be back in their homeland?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The fact that the Jewish have been kicked out of just about every other country in history might have something to do with it too. There have been at least 109 Jewish Expulsions since 250 AD.

Link: Jewish Expulsions

I wonder why that is? Does anyone know the 'truth'?

IRM

[edit on 30/12/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I wonder why that is? Does anyone know the 'truth'?

Because of usury. Christians are not allowed to charge interest on loans, so they looked towards the Jews to make loans. Once the interest caused inflation or hyper-inflation, the Jewish bankers were kicked out or imprisoned.

[edit on 30-12-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

There have been many explanations as to why Israel was created. Some are:

1. To give Jews a place to relocate, after being enslaved by Hitler.
2. To take away control of the Muslims from the holy lands and give it back to the Judeo-Christian followers.
3. To give Western countries a military base that they can use to control Middle Eastern politics, warfare, oil.
4. To spread the Judeo-Christian faith in the Middle East.
5. To self-fulfill the prophecies of a rapture by creating turmoil in the Middle East.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Thank you for reply.

Looking down your list, this looks the most logical reason.

3. To give Western countries a military base that they can use to control Middle Eastern politics, warfare, oil

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

well you are wrong. I do blame Israel only for the murdering Palestinians. for all other problems like the economical crises (Madoff and Co), global warming fraud (Gore and Co), 911 (Silverstein and Co) I do not blame Israel but Jews.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
To give the jewish people a place they can call their own
(There have always been jewish people there)

Only thanks to jewish people's hard work, they have turned Israel into what it is today. Before no one else was cabable of doing that.

No matter what, may have been done to jewish people, i never had the impression that they just sad down in self pettiness and complaints.
Consider you can not keep a good man down for too long...

Then that's said. Before Israel was created, there were fightings in the Middle East. Wipe Israel out of the map, everyone will come running to claim their piece of the cake, and start fighting...The never ending story

Now Israel is there and its going to stay there. Period !!!

[edit on 30-12-2008 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I think a more apt question would be:

"Why were the people living there not consulted?"

That's the root of the entire middle eastern powderkeg, 60 years on. The promise was made in England, and made good on by western powers. Seems to me no one ever took the opinions of the people living there into consideration.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Israel was created due to the whims of the rich Zionists (who also funded Hitler) so they can play out the script that is the Apocalypse and control the world.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
To create a homeland for the jews

edit: Won't let me add sarcasm tags : /

[edit on 30-12-2008 by Bl0rg]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
lightchild,

Back a couple of years ago or so I wrote a 10 part series of articles called Flight to 911. The first 5 parts deal with the creation of the modern day Jewish homeland and the increasing tensions in the following decades. I include a link to all 10 parts in case you want to read the full series. I hope there is something in there that will help with your question.

Part I

Part II

Part III

Part IV

Part V

Part VI

Part VII

Part VIII

Part IX

Part X

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Thank you for your reply, I look forward to reading your work.
From the brief look so far, I think a lot of other people could do with seeing it to.

Why not add a link to your signature?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Israel was created when both Zionists and Palestinian terrorist organizations (I guess you could call them freedom fighters or something, but they were basically terrorists.) began a campaign of sabotage and bombing against the occupying British forces in order to get the British to abandon their possession of the region of Palestine, so that, after a civil war, the winner could take independent control of the region. In 1948, they succeeded, the British left Palestine, and civil war immediately broke out. The Zionists won, and that's why we have Israel today. It's still there, because they've beaten all attempts from various mostly Arab countries to take control of the region.

Furthermore, kicking the Israelis out isn't a good plan, since there are around twice as many of them (excluding Palestinians) as there are Palestinians. The majority of whom were born there. In doing so, you'd be performing a yet crueler act than the Israelis did when they took the territory from the Palestinians in the first place. And it's not like there is any possible diplomatic way of getting them to give up the territory.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

If anything goes wrong in this world, Israel is to blame.

Your wife left you, blame Israel.

Car broke down, blame Israel.

Unemployed, blame Israel.

Israel is responsible for country music???
this is too much...
THE WORLD MUST DESTROY ISRAEL AND COUNTRY MUSIC!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lightchild

Therefore in the future many Americans could move back to England, Scotland and Ireland to be back in their homeland?

They already have a new chunk of ground to call their home. The Jews didn't.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bronco73

Are you insinuating that American Jews - as opposed to all other Americans - do not have a "home" in America, regardless of how many generations it's been since they arrived? I find that a little hard to swallow.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bronco73

I just don't understand why, when it is convenient, the word Jew denotes a nationality, and other times, it refers to a religion.
Jews have chunks of land to call their own. French Jews, France. Italian Jews, Italy, American Jews, New York, LA and Miami (jk). Well, you know what I mean.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join