It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are programmed to function:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Media, literature, everything we are taught right from birth is one big programme. Girls do this, boys do that... we go to school and everything is learnt.

What would life be like if we didn't have beliefs?
What would life be like if we didn't have TV/Radio? The media influences us. Certain literature is censored/prohibited and we are only given what the system wants us to know/believe. We are like little puppets...

How do we debug our brains and free our minds?

Perhaps we need to consider what Benjamin Franklin said? I mean after all, he was a President... perhaps he knew something we didn't?

“Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.”

edit fix link

[edit on 29-12-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
Perhaps we need to consider what Benjamin Franklin said? I mean after all, he was a President... perhaps he knew something we didn't?

Uhmmm....I don't mean to be rude....BUT....
I was unaware that Benjamin Franklin was a president?!?!

I agree...programming begins at an early age and continues until they lower us in the grave. Shameful if you ask me!

[edit on 12/29/08 by SilentOne]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
lol you made me google then... I was like wtf?? ... um? Had to double check... lmao but he was USA founding Father... = President

some info
ok founding Father not President...but same thing, eh?
if it weren't for him... USA would not have had independence..

cheers

[edit on 30-12-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Yes, he was one of our many founding fathers, as well as a great inventor.

A good way to wake up is have a triple strength espresso and read between the lines.
My dear grandfather (rest in peace) always said "There are three sides to every story; your side, their side and somewhere in the middle is the truth"
Research,observe and discard any and all bullspit.

Glad I made you laugh!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentOne

A good way to wake up is have a triple strength espresso and read between the lines.
My dear grandfather (rest in peace) always said "There are three sides to every story; your side, their side and somewhere in the middle is the truth"
Research,observe and discard any and all bullspit.

Yes, few people are doing that nowadays. hmm there are people using as a reference a newspaper article... OMG and they think its true!!!!!!!

It is frightening... even more so worrying is the ability of people to zone out and go shopping...
Seems like marketing, TV, the latest trend distracts people from what is really happening...

They just go shopping... LOL
or watch TV and 'forget' the corruption... certain anomolies..yanno that are so blatantly obviously wrong...

One minute schools are teaching us about God... now they are intending to teach that God doesn't exist. ??? well farout... are we just going to believe what they want us to believe? It seems to be so easy to get people to believe anything...

I read a thread on here a while ago... it was about a kids program that was showing kids info about cloning and stem cell research... well farout again, the older generation haven't even decided on that issue yet...

so it is almost as if, train/influence the younger minds into what those in power want...

Educating us to control us... it is a worry. Just how blind are we?

new topics

top topics

join